WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

RAW talk for Oct. 8 2012

Randyspeeps

[81]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 34
    Well Punk will get suspended, fined, or the WWE will get sued. There will be lot of controversey over what Punk did at the end there. Unprofessional.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[82]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 52

I just read about that. Wow.

Randyspeeps

[83]Oct 8, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Yep. I saw it. I flipped over to Raw, saw Vincce in the ring, and Punk hitting some guy. It happened so quick, so I rewound Raw, slowed it down, and yes, Punk absolutely decked the guy. I have no idea why. The guy was helpless and he went crashing to the floor. All of this right in front of Vince McMahon. Not good.

telvisnostic

[84]Oct 8, 2012

Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Yep. I saw it. I flipped over to Raw, saw Vincce in the ring, and Punk hitting some guy. It happened so quick, so I rewound Raw, slowed it down, and yes, Punk absolutely decked the guy. I have no idea why. The guy was helpless and he went crashing to the floor. All of this right in front of Vince McMahon. Not good.
    I just watched it. He really lunged at the fan. Not good at all.

It's all over the Facebook too.

Edited on 10/08/2012 8:40pm

Randyspeeps

[85]Oct 8, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

The video up online gives us a great view. Madness. I don't see how the guy provoked it. He looked like he was taking a picture or something.

telvisnostic

[86]Oct 8, 2012

Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

The video up online gives us a great view. Madness. I don't see how the guy provoked it. He looked like he was taking a picture or something.
    It looked like everyone was giving him pats on the back and the fella with the shades gets a hit, who didn't have anything to do with it.

spideynerd3

[88]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 29

telvisnostic wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:

It looked like everyone was giving him pats on the back and the fella with the shades gets a hit, who didn't have anything to do with it.

From what I saw (and I'm not supporting what Punk did at all) the guy who got hit was putting glasses on, and it looks like his elbow hits Punk square in the back of the neck/head, and that's when Punk turned around and decked the guy. People are thinking Punk meant to hit the guy who tapped him on the shoulder, but Punk was already turning (or so it looked that way to me any ways) as the guy was tapping Punk.

EDIT: Multiple Twitter users have reported that the fan had been pushing Punk while McMahon was talking (before the camera cut to Punk), then right before he (Punk) turned around and decked the fan he hit Punk pretty hard in the back of the head (this from fans right there). Still doesn't give Punk a solid reason to do what he did, but it seems like it was provoked. That's a big issue with having big time Heels like CM Punk into the crowd, fans get a little crazy.

Edited on 10/08/2012 10:13pm

Stone_Colds

[89]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 4
    Here's a video of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WAniQ0L2S3U

Basically he punched the wrong fan. I already knew Punk was a classless D-Bag before this but this takes it to a whole new level.

Raccoon1459

[90]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 22

Okay, what's all this about Punk striking a fan? I missed that.

Crulex1369

[91]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 27

Boy, Punk sure does have an issue with putting his hands on fans. Makes me want to see a Punk vs. Sabu match that takes place in the stands.

Edited on 10/09/2012 5:59am

Raccoon1459

[92]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 22

I just saw the video. That snake! I still respect CM and all, but still...

enervator

[93]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 38

I watched most of Raw last night, but stopped with about a half hour to go. I guess that was my mistake.

I guess it's not impossible that this is a work, but it seems like the general opinion is that it's not. I can't wait to see what happens after this.

goldenagenick24

[94]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 17

I think way too many people are overreacting. Yes, CM Punk struck the man but it was by no means a hard blow. Besides, things were heated and if you watch the other videos he's clearly beingharassed along with others and the guy hits him in the back of the head being the last straw. Before the hit happened he had said something verbally but that didn't stop them. Nonetheless the guy has filed a lawsuit for probably moneys sake and his claim is that he had a "warm face and broken glasses". Really? I understand that Punk should be a professional about things but the shoving and touching was getting a bit extreme to the point where any human would be getting irritated. The dude unintentionally elbowed him in the head, so I don't know what the legal standpoint would be for that. Also, why in the world was he wearing sunglasses inside? From all the videos I've seen dude looks like he was plastered drunk.

All things aside the end to that RAW was ELECTRIC! Punk is hated, Ryback gets over, Mcmahon/Cena get the pops. I'm still not sold on Ryback but the live crowd acted like maniacs for them so I guess it'd be hypocritical because we always complain that WWE doesn't push superstars who are over and try to force things down our throat. Some other quick things about RAW:

-Brian Gerwitz has been a WWE writer and was head consultant for a little over 10 years was removed by Vinnie Mac himself from the position. Seems the rumors that he's not happy with the product are showing results. Honestly I feel bad for the guy, but this only helps the fan since now things in the writing room have become high-stakes that heads are rolling.

-Daniel Bryan is absolutely amazing on the mic. Kane and him are on fire.

-Rhodes Scholars have won me over. They're still not a true tag team, but they are entertaining. I just wish Ascension, PTP, and International Airstrike could get airtime. Speaking of IA....

-Tyson Kidd is THE greatest all-around WRESTLER on the card. Yeah, I said it. He has the high-flying, technical, story-telling. Now he just needs a bit more charisma and a bit of mic work. Maybe he's a Paul Heyman guy as well?

-Miz/Kofi should be a great feud for both if it gets proper TV time, otherwise it just wastes not only both mens time, but the IC title prestige

-Cesaro is the man! Kidd is a great performer but give props to the US champ because he is improving every week. The same day Ryback can't lift Tensai, Cesaro lifts Clay and then has a beauty of a match that could and should have gone 30 minutes instead of under 5.

-Alberto Del Rio is like watching stale bread...

-The Band, while a nice thought to expose these guys just makes "The Chosen One" look bad since he's the only one I actually thought had a chance of moving up. Heath is entertaining, but they've made him too much of a joke. Jinder Mahal doesn't impress me really in any aspect. I guess I should just begratefulthey're trying to get TV time to undercard guys.

-Barret's new style kind of saddens me. It's a great character but the bare-knuckle style takes away from what other things he can do in the ring. Nonetheless still a good match and hopefully a preview of Survivor Series or a PPV in the future after Sheamus and Show are over.

Edited on 10/09/2012 7:25am

spideynerd3

[95]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 29
    enervator wrote:

I watched most of Raw last night, but stopped with about a half hour to go. I guess that was my mistake.

I guess it's not impossible that this is a work, but it seems like the general opinion is that it's not. I can't wait to see what happens after this.

When I first heard about it the first thing I thought was "It's a work", but then I saw the videos and realized Punk was in the crowd with no security. The WWE is at fault for this one for allowing their top heel to go into the crowd without security. It was the end of the show, and by this time some fans are going to be extremely drunk. Now I don't know if this guy was drunk or not, but if you saw the tweet from some local news lady about the guy's "Broken Sunglasses" (The lenses popped out... That's fixable) and "Warm face", there was a picture with it, and the guy looks completely wasted. Again, I'm not supporting what Punk did, he shouldn't have done it, but the guy who got hit was just trying to get attention. We only see Punk attacking him, but there are numerous twitter posts about people saying this guy was pushing Punk and saying some rude things to him. Punk is the type of guy who would snap if things get out of hand, plus he had just had a match with the boss. In my opinion though everyone is too fast to judge on this one, we don't know the half of what happened, and I'm sure we'll learn more as the week goes on.

goldenagenick24

[96]Oct 9, 2012

spideynerd3 wrote:
    enervator wrote:

When I first heard about it the first thing I thought was "It's a work", but then I saw the videos and realized Punk was in the crowd with no security. The WWE is at fault for this one for allowing their top heel to go into the crowd without security. It was the end of the show, and by this time some fans are going to be extremely drunk. Now I don't know if this guy was drunk or not, but if you saw the tweet from some local news lady about the guy's "Broken Sunglasses" (The lenses popped out... That's fixable) and "Warm face", there was a picture with it, and the guy looks completely wasted. Again, I'm not supporting what Punk did, he shouldn't have done it, but the guy who got hit was just trying to get attention. We only see Punk attacking him, but there are numerous twitter posts about people saying this guy was pushing Punk and saying some rude things to him. Punk is the type of guy who would snap if things get out of hand, plus he had just had a match with the boss. In my opinion though everyone is too fast to judge on this one, we don't know the half of what happened, and I'm sure we'll learn more as the week goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFharlgeJKM

There's a video of a crowd shot of it all. The dude is obviously drunk. He stumbles into Punk and almost makes him fall down the stairs then the accidental hit in the back of the head happens. I believe both are in the wrong here and Punk was just too caught in the moment. This guy is just trying to make a quick pay from a dumb lawsuit.

telvisnostic

[97]Oct 9, 2012

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    -Tyson Kidd is THE greatest all-around WRESTLER on the card. Yeah, I said it. He has the high-flying, technical, story-telling. Now he just needs a bit more charisma and a bit of mic work. Maybe he's a Paul Heyman guy as well?

-Cesaro is the man! Kidd is a great performer but give props to the US champ because he is improving every week. The same day Ryback can't lift Tensai, Cesaro lifts Clay and then has a beauty of a match that could and should have gone 30 minutes instead of under 5.

You said it there. Those are the parts that really made me like the show. The tag team matches for me were really good.

PTP vs The Faceless Ones were so good. I think they should have gone longer than Boring Barrett vs SOS.

Del Rio just going splat was great. I got the chuckles from that.

Kidd is just awesome and I'm glad you're digging him like I have been. They told a great story in that match in less minutes than most matches on the show this year alone. Solid stuff.

goldenagenick24

[98]Oct 9, 2012

telvisnostic wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

You said it there. Those are the parts that really made me like the show. The tag team matches for me were really good.

PTP vs The Faceless Ones were so good. I think they should have gone longer than Boring Barrett vs SOS.

Del Rio just going splat was great. I got the chuckles from that.

Kidd is just awesome and I'm glad you're digging him like I have been. They told a great story in that match in less minutes than most matches on the show this year alone. Solid stuff.

Kidd is SO. GOOD. His in-ring work is literally a mix of Bret Hart's technician work and Shawn Michaels high-flying. He's in his early 30's and has been in a WWE ring as early as since 18. With his 15+ year wrestling experience he should be a top guy.

telvisnostic

[99]Oct 9, 2012

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    Kidd is SO. GOOD. His in-ring work is literally a mix of Bret Hart's technician work and Shawn Michaels high-flying. He's in his early 30's and has been in a WWE ring as early as since 18. With his 15+ year wrestling experience he should be a top guy.
    I know. With all that experience you'd think he'd a get a run with a solo something!