WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

RAW talk for Oct. 8 2012

Randyspeeps

[101]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 34

If Randy Orton punched a fan, everyone would be calling for his release.

After watching the video, I'm sure a lot of people would have reacted in the manner Punk did. Punk tried very hard to ignore it. He did a very good job, but enough is enough. No one is going to stand there and get hit repeatedly. It's clearly a security issue.

No security + you're #1 heel in close proximity to fans = disaster

It's simple. I would be shocked if Punk is reprimanded, because of this. But if Jericho can be suspended for a flag incident, I'm sure Punk can be suspended for this.

Also, I watched Raw late last night, and I was not bored. That is a good sign.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stone_Colds

[102]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 4
    By all means Punk would have been in the right if he attacked the fan that kept punching him. But that's not what happened. He attacked someone that was being push into punk and attacked a innocent fan. Did he even turn around and see who he was even attacking? What happened if it could have been a kid? Punk fanboys need to stop defending someone who is clearly in the wrong.

Stone_Colds

[103]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 4
    By all means Punk would have been in the right if he attacked the fan that kept punching him. But that's not what happened. He attacked someone that was being push into punk and attacked a innocent fan. Did he even turn around and see who he was even attacking? What happened if it could have been a kid? Punk fanboys need to stop defending someone who is clearly in the wrong.

telvisnostic

[104]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 52

Randyspeeps wrote:

After watching the video, I'm sure a lot of people would have reacted in the manner Punk did. Punk tried very hard to ignore it. He did a very good job, but enough is enough. No one is going to stand there and get hit repeatedly. It's clearly a security issue.

It's simple. I would be shocked if Punk is reprimanded, because of this. But if Jericho can be suspended for a flag incident, I'm sure Punk can be suspended for this.

You're right, I would say he should have been suspended for 30 days if Orton did it, same with Punk now. I think Punk should get stripped of the title due to his unprofessional manner.

I do notice some get passes. Jericho did by many fans when he hit that lady and the flag incident, on here and elsewhere, same with how it is with Punk now.

Also this security nonsense is silly. I've been to many a WWE show, past and present and not once when a wrestler came into the stands security was there. It never happened when I went to shows and I'm not sure why it's such an issue now.

Honestly, once you leap over the barricades, **** happens. Lots of it, but you have to have a sense of decorum.

Poor Sun-glasses/Shades Fella.

telvisnostic

[105]Oct 9, 2012

Stone_Colds wrote:
    Punk fanboys need to stop defending someone who is clearly in the wrong.
    This 100 times. It's all I keep reading that he was right and it was cool and it's a badge of honor to get hit by him.

I swear, some people...

Randyspeeps

[106]Oct 9, 2012
    telvisnostic wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

You're right, I would say he should have been suspended for 30 days if Orton did it, same with Punk now. I think Punk should get stripped of the title due to his unprofessional manner.

I do notice some get passes. Jericho did by many fans when he hit that lady and the flag incident, on here and elsewhere, same with how it is with Punk now.

Also this security nonsense is silly. I've been to many a WWE show, past and present and not once when a wrestler came into the stands security was there. It never happened when I went to shows and I'm not sure why it's such an issue now.

Honestly, once you leap over the barricades, **** happens. Lots of it, but you have to have a sense of decorum.

Poor Sun-glasses/Shades Fella.

WOW! That gif sums if up. I never saw the guy behind him. That gif gives as clear a view as I have seen.

I do agree that Punk should get reprimanded, but I don't think it will happen. I'm not defending Punk at all. I'm being realistic. Who is going to stand there and get hit repeatedly without doing something about it? If you say "I," I say you're a liar.

Also, I was under the impression that security is typically in the crowds when superstars go in there. There usually there when I watch.

Raccoon1459

[107]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    There is a far, far, FAR more hated man out there than CM Punk, and that man is Mr. Jerry Sandusky.

Randyspeeps

[108]Oct 9, 2012
    Stone_Colds wrote:
    Agreed. I now see that Punk did not hit the correct guy.

spideynerd3

[109]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 29
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Stone_Colds wrote:

The guy he hit wasn't a saint either. He clearly hit Punk on the back of the head BEFORE putting his shades on. Punk was being hit nonstop while in the stands, and he snapped on the last guy to hit him, before the guy who tapped him on his shoulder (The guy who got hit hit Punk in the back of the head BEFORE the guy tapping him on the shoulder). Again, I'm not supporting what Punk did at all, but like you said, he did what anyone would have done.

Oh, and this goes out to Telvis, as of late security has been right there next to the superstars when they go through the crowd. In fact, security arrived right after the camera cut to McMahon after the attack. Security typically clears the path for superstars, and they didn't do that. The gif you posted is from a video that showed numerous fans swatting at Punk, and even one pushing him down the stairs. The guy behind him even fell into him at one point (he was pushed into Punk, but Punk wouldn't know that, would he?). Had security been there, this wouldn't have happened, and the WWE even said usually security is there but they weren't this time. Just because security wasn't there in the past doesn't mean they aren't now, because since I've watched wrestling (May of 2007) security has almost always been with ANY superstar who escapes through the crowd. It's a matter of the superstars safety.

JLe1223

[110]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 20
    spideynerd3 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Stone_Colds wrote:

The guy he hit wasn't a saint either. He clearly hit Punk on the back of the head BEFORE putting his shades on. Punk was being hit nonstop while in the stands, and he snapped on the last guy to hit him, before the guy who tapped him on his shoulder (The guy who got hit hit Punk in the back of the head BEFORE the guy tapping him on the shoulder). Again, I'm not supporting what Punk did at all, but like you said, he did what anyone would have done.

Personally I would've retreated, If I was hit like that. Both were in the wrong, but Punk should never punch a fan. Regardless if that fan was punching him or not.

JLe1223

[111]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 20
    By the way, this isn't the first time Punk got in a altercation with a fan.

goldenagenick24

[112]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 17

CM Punk's reaction: "I think the whole situation sucks. It's an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded. Somebody said, 'let's push him down the stairs.' I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I'm really just glad nobody was hurt."

Along with this: "Just got an update from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving @CMPunk. The Sheriff's Department says at this point the Fan does not want to proceed any further and there is no evidence that a crime occurred. The Sheriff's Department also says the video is not part of the investigation because there is no investigation."

Edited on 10/10/2012 5:45am

goldenagenick24

[113]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 17

That my friends is the real villain who was actually hitting Punk. He's admitted to hitting him "hella hard"...I hate most wrestling fans. People like this are why wrestling gets a bad reputation.

Raccoon1459

[114]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 22
    JLe1223 wrote:
    By the way, this isn't the first time Punk got in a altercation with a fan.

No, he got in a conflict with a little boy not too long ago. I think he was a John Cena fan.

spideynerd3

[115]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 29

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    That my friends is the real villain who was actually hitting Punk. He's admitted to hitting him "hella hard"...I hate most wrestling fans. People like this are why wrestling gets a bad reputation.

A lot more than just one person was hitting him. Even the guy Punk hit was guilty of hitting Punk (that might of been an accident, but how is Punk to know?). Like I've said numerous times though, I'm not supporting what Punk did. He shouldn't have hit anyone, but he was being attacked by fans because security wasn't in the right spot. If Punk hadn't hit the fan, the fans that were hitting Punk would have just continued to hit him and hit him and hit him until something bad happened like him falling down the stairs, which was tried at least once. Those fans were vicious and they should feel ashamed of themselves.

telvisnostic

[116]Oct 10, 2012

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    That guy's an ass. Some are saying he isn't even the one who did it. Also there is some rumor that he's a an Indie wrestler too.

He should stop talking.

telvisnostic

[117]Oct 10, 2012

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    There is a far, far, FAR more hated man out there than CM Punk, and that man is Mr. Jerry Sandusky.
    The great thing is he'll never get out. I shall refrain from telling you how I really feel.

Randyspeeps

[118]Oct 10, 2012
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

What a complete idiot. CM Punk has the right to press charges on this guy if he chooses (we know he won't do it. The best thing for the WWE is for this to go away). There's a rule against self incrimination, this guy just gave up that privilege. Did I say he was an idiot?

enervator

[119]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 38

Randyspeeps wrote:
    What a complete idiot. CM Punk has the right to press charges on this guy if he chooses (we know he won't do it. The best thing for the WWE is for this to go away). There's a rule against self incrimination, this guy just gave up that privilege. Did I say he was an idiot?

I wonder if this is going to put an end to the wrestlers going through the crowd. It probably should. They can script whatever they want, but the fans are an unknown element, unless they're in a position to make sure the wrestler is always surrounded by plants. Again, not saying that what Punk did was right, but they really need to take into consideration that most people are idiots, and it's almost a bit surprising that things like this don't happen more often.

Randyspeeps

[120]Oct 10, 2012
    enervator wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

I wonder if this is going to put an end to the wrestlers going through the crowd. It probably should. They can script whatever they want, but the fans are an unknown element, unless they're in a position to make sure the wrestler is always surrounded by plants. Again, not saying that what Punk did was right, but they really need to take into consideration that most people are idiots, and it's almost a bit surprising that things like this don't happen more often.

I agree. I always thought it was because of security, but as Telvis pointed out, security is not always there. Also, if the WWE decides to have superstars go through the crowd in the near future, will this incident make more idiotic fans feel like it's acceptable to hit the superstars?