WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Royal Rumble 2013 PPV Discussion thread

  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [41]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,287
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SkinsFan2189

    SkinsFan2189

    [42]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,303
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Punk retains!

    Triple threat at Mania sure seems like the way to go Sein.

    According to Wiki, Rock won.
    Punk won after the Shield triple powerbombed the Rock threw the announce table while the lights were all out. Vince came out, was about to strip Punk, Rock told Vince to restart the match. People's elbow, new champ.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SkinsFan2189

    SkinsFan2189

    [43]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,303
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [44]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,860
    The Rock winning the WWE Championship can only work if he's able to work a full schedule. With him filming movies it will be interesting to see how that works. If not, the title reign fails. It's hard to have a champion thats not there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [45]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Rock winning was the right call. Cena winning wasn't for me though, not into the rematch. I want my Rock/Lesnar, Cena/Undertaker, Punk/Trips card dammit!
    The part I out in bold x1,000,000.


    I agree on John winning being not for you. I think it's silly. The Ryback should have won!


    No cash in either for Ziggler, unless it's after the EC match or the Wrestlemania one.


    Edited on 01/27/2013 8:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [46]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,860
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.
    Agreed. There's no one that's better on the mic currently. That goes for TNA as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [47]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,287
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Punk retains!

    Triple threat at Mania sure seems like the way to go Sein.

    According to Wiki, Rock won.
    Punk won after the Shield triple powerbombed the Rock threw the announce table while the lights were all out. Vince came out, was about to strip Punk, Rock told Vince to restart the match. People's elbow, new champ.

    Enough said.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [48]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    Rock will just be holding it til Wrestlemania though. Few live Raw appearances, few pre taped, defence in an Elimination Chamber. I think it'll be fine.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seinfeld111690

    seinfeld111690

    [49]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 08/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 19,951
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Punk retains!

    Triple threat at Mania sure seems like the way to go Sein.


    I really don't think the winner of this one mattered. Triple Threat has to happen. Unless Punk is injured or something and won't be on the WM card, they really have no other match for him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SkinsFan2189

    SkinsFan2189

    [51]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,303
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    The Rock winning the WWE Championship can only work if he's able to work a full schedule. With him filming movies it will be interesting to see how that works. If not, the title reign fails. It's hard to have a champion thats not there.
    They'll make up for it when Cena beats him and then takes over all three hours of Raw for the next year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [52]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,287

    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.


    The WWE has just gotten bad, it didn't make me see that.

    Edited on 01/27/2013 8:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [53]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Rock will just be holding it til Wrestlemania though. Few live Raw appearances, few pre taped, defence in an Elimination Chamber. I think it'll be fine.
    He should do a house show or two too. Don't pull a Sting there buddy or an Undertaker for that matter.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seinfeld111690

    seinfeld111690

    [54]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 08/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 19,951
    Raccoon1459 wrote:

    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.


    The WWE has just gotten bad, it didn't make me see that.

    I don't watch WWE anywhere close to as much as I used to, but from the things I have seen I don't see how it is any worse than it has been for the last 6-7 years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [55]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,860
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:

    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.


    The WWE has just gotten bad, it didn't make me see that.

    I don't watch WWE anywhere close to as much as I used to, but from the things I have seen I don't see how it is any worse than it has been for the last 6-7 years.
    This. It's the same thing that's happened for close to a decade in the WWE. If the WWE does go through with the triple threat match like Sein has predicted, the storyline would resemble that of HHH, HBK, and Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 20.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [56]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    Do they have any Madison Square Garden house shows booked before Mania? Rock would do one of those, but no where else untelevised.


    telvisnostic wrote:


    Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    Rock winning was the right call. Cena winning wasn't for me though, not into the rematch. I want my Rock/Lesnar, Cena/Undertaker, Punk/Trips card dammit!
    The part I out in bold x1,000,000.


    I agree on John winning being not for you. I think it's silly. The Ryback should have won!


    No cash in either for Ziggler, unless it's after the EC match or the Wrestlemania one.



    Ryback winning would have been sweet. I really got behind Dolph too just because he'd been in there so long and I love that he does the superkick.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [57]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,287
    I would've preferred anyone but Cena to win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JLe1223

    JLe1223

    [58]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 03/04/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,930
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Punk wasn't a bad champion. He's bad on the mic, but he wasn't a bad champion.
    You can't be serious. Punk is better on the mic than every other single wrestler in the WWE.


    That's really not saying much, until his fued with The Rock I found somewhat bland on the mic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [59]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,860
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    I would've preferred anyone but Cena to win.
    That's how I've felt since 2005.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SkinsFan2189

    SkinsFan2189

    [60]Jan 27, 2013
    • member since: 11/01/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,303
    I just can't see the triple threat taking place. WWE wants their Rock/Cena II. I can see Punk getting thrown in against Undertaker or HHH. Or, they'll just throw him in some other random match. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me at all if this was the end of Punk and he goes back to getting misused, just like he was pre-Money in the Bank 2011.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.