WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison back in WWE?

goldenagenick24

[1]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 17

-According to lordsofpain.net, Morrison recently wrestled for LPF in Mexicali, Mexico and told fans to expect him to return to the WWE in about six months time.

-F4Wonline.com reports that Shelton Benjamin gave his notice to Ring of Honor because WWE is interested in him. Apparently WWE and Benjamin will be negotiating now. Word is that Benjamin isn't necessarily leaving ROH but he was released from his contract and there is a good chance he will be leaving for good for WWE.

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLe1223

[2]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 20
    I really hope Benjamin comes back, so this time he can be used properly!

Raccoon1459

[3]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 22
    LPF? I thought Morrison was wrestling with Resistance Pro Wrestling.

Deadnight-Majin

[4]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 18

Morrison has appeared for many indys but hasn't committed to any, a sure sign that he intends to return to WWE sooner rather than later, refreshed and with better honed skills.

As for Benjamin, it's worth noting that he's getting pushed over in New Japan, and has probably left ROH so he can go full time there (he's facing Tanaka for the Openweight title at Wrestle Kingdom which I assume he'll win). ROH contracts usually prevent their talent from appearing on IPPV for other companies, which probably didn't help, but I got the impression that they let it slide for New Japan since Benjamin has been on that card for a while now (and I think he's been on one or two of their other IPPVs, but I'd have to check). He will be talking to WWE, but he isn't as much of a lock as Jomo.

Raccoon1459

[5]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 22
    A Shelton Benjamin return would be great. Same for Morrison. I was pretty sure he was gone from WWE for good.

Randyspeeps

[6]Dec 20, 2012
    • level: 34
    The WWE had no idea how to use either. I would love to see them back in the WWE, because of their talent, however I fear they will not do much.

Recent example of those who left the WWE, went to work for another company, and then returned to the WWE : Gail Kim, Tensai. Not good.

Deadnight-Majin

[7]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 18

Randyspeeps wrote:
    The WWE had no idea how to use either. I would love to see them back in the WWE, because of their talent, however I fear they will not do much.
    My feelings exactly. Well, sort of, since I'd actually see them more if they stayed where the are (New Japan for Benjamin, and Jomo is booked on the upcoming DGUSA cards).

:
    Recent example of those who left the WWE, went to work for another company, and then returned to the WWE : Gail Kim, Tensai. Not good.
    I think it's slightly different for those two, since Gail Kim was successful in TNA due to them actually having a women's division, and Tensai's failure upon his return seemed to be his fault as much as WWE's, despite his New Japan success.