WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Stephanie McMahon explains why brand split ended

goldenagenick24

[1]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 17

"Ad Age has named Stephanie McMahon on their "40 under 40" list for 2013. They mention her current role in WWE as "overseeing the development of TV, pay-per-view, print, digital and social-media programming" adding her influence will grow if the WWE Network ever launches. As for why the Brand Extension ended she said, "We are all telling the same stories. And digital and social offer the ability to continue storylines 24/7 so our fans can consume the content anytime, anywhere on the device they prefer."

I'm fine with a brand split being over only in the case that they get rid of the WHC and US title. It'll bring back prestige to the WWE and IC titles.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Randyspeeps

[2]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 34
    If the brand split is over they need to overhaul the challengers for the WWE championship and World Heavyweight championship, because the challengers are still based on a brand split. Also, the money in the bank holders are based on a brand split.

telvisnostic

[3]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 52

Randyspeeps wrote:
    If the brand split is over they need to overhaul the challengers for the WWE championship and World Heavyweight championship, because the challengers are still based on a brand split. Also, the money in the bank holders are based on a brand split.
    This right here.

If the split is over, you only need one World Title, One Mid-card Title and so on.

JakeCpFrato

[4]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 13
    2 World Titles and 2 Mid-Card titles still gives open opportunity for other people.

Crulex1369

[5]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 26
    JakeCpFrato wrote:
    2 World Titles and 2 Mid-Card titles still gives open opportunity for other people.

Which means they need to either cut the roster in half and learn to use what and who they have so that we can make due with 1 World Title and 1 Mid-card title, or they need to do a "end of brand split" storyline that puts an end to the issues with two main shows and titles and the MITB.

telvisnostic

[6]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 52

JakeCpFrato wrote:
    Then the the split needs to end.

Either kill Smackdown or kill the 3rd hour of Raw and their other 700 shows.

Having 2 titles with a split devalues the titles, even though they already are. And if the split is truly over, then use other people in the hunt for the titles. I swear if we get another run in the mid-card from Kofi and "I don't know how to put the Figure Four on" Miz, I'm going to scream.

Right now they've got the likes of Gabriel, Kidd (injured), Hunico, Swags, all of 3MB and others all staring at the walls or being involved in nonsense or not being on TV at all that can be used.

Something's got to be done.

Edited on 01/24/2013 4:02pm

Randyspeeps

[7]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:

JakeCpFrato wrote:

Having 2 titles with a split devalues the titles, even though they already are. And if the split is truly over, then use other people in the hunt for the titles. I swear if we get another run in the mid-card from Kofi * Miz, I'm going to scream.

Right now they've got the likes of Gabriel, Kidd (injured), Hunico, Swags, all of 3MB and others all staring at the walls or being involved in nonsense or not being on TV at all that can be used.

Agreed!

Wasn't the point of the brand split to give more talent exposure?

Wasn't the third hour of Raw supposed to provide more exposure for talent?

Deadnight-Majin

[8]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 18

telvisnostic wrote:

JakeCpFrato wrote:

Having 2 titles with a split devalues the titles, even though they already are. And if the split is truly over, then use other people in the hunt for the titles. I swear if we get another run in the mid-card from Kofi and "I don't know how to put the Figure Four on" Miz, I'm going to scream.

Yep, the extra belts do no good for anyone if they don't mean anything. The WWE title still means something, but the world belt pretty much became second tier after Orton last dropped it. The idea of a match for that belt headlining a PPV seems crazy now, and this was the same one Batista/Trips, Batista/Undertaker, Jeff Hardy/CM Punk used to fight over.