WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

The Future of the Round Table Discussion

What would you like to see from the Round Table in the future?

JandSman

[1]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 32

Recently the Board of Directors and Crulex and I've been talking about the future of the Round Table, and we would like you're input, on what you would like to see for the future of the Round Table, so please vote or post your opinion, on what you would like to see improve in the Round Table in the next week or next month or next year or the next five years. So please feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns about the Round Table, or any suggestions.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JakeFrato

[2]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 7

JandSman, think you could get on the PMs on Gamespot for me? It's really hard for me to post on here, and sending PMs is impossible.

JandSman

[3]Jan 28, 2013
    JakeFrato wrote:

JandSman, think you could get on the PMs on Gamespot for me? It's really hard for me to post on here, and sending PMs is impossible.

I sent you a response!

JLe1223

[4]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 20
    More championship belts!

Deadnight-Majin

[5]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 18

Keep it the same then end it when people don't want to play anymore. I have no interest in any sort of merger or website move.

goldenagenick24

[6]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 17

This format I felt was simpler so I could just spout random ideas:

-Try to get WOTU guys to cross over to play here. Also if you guys frequent any other wrestling sites you should definitely try to get as many people as you can to come back here.

-Make the match card matter again. I remember that matches would have a special place in the card from opening match to main event based on the feud. It was really fun because it made everyone want to have the best feud. Some times for major pay-off matches the Tv.com wouldn't even main event and it'd be a big singles match or even a US title feud.

-Make it two titles. Tv.com and US title is more than enough with our current crop of people. Once more join we should have the Tag Team titles re-introduced but until then we need more people.

Most of the things are out of our hands. If people are interested, they'll come. Considering the Roundtable was one of the reasons I stayed years ago I hate to see it in this condition but I'd love to see it be renewed to it's old records.

Crulex1369

[7]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 26

goldenagenick24 wrote:

This format I felt was simpler so I could just spout random ideas:

-Try to get WOTU guys to cross over to play here. Also if you guys frequent any other wrestling sites you should definitely try to get as many people as you can to come back here.

We've tried that. WOTU guys just don't want to play here because they either don't like Tv.com's site itself or are too into the WOTU to care about this place. And I even contacted a wrestling group on another site with roughly 180 people in it and not a single person came.

goldenagenick24 wrote:

-Make the match card matter again. I remember that matches would have a special place in the card from opening match to main event based on the feud. It was really fun because it made everyone want to have the best feud. Some times for major pay-off matches the Tv.com wouldn't even main event and it'd be a big singles match or even a US title feud.

That would be a nice start, but people have to care enough to promo to do that.The story of the year seems to be thatpeople are just toobusy with work or school or life to promo and don't want to help make things matter. We only have a handful of people who promo on a regular basis, and everyone else does one or two promos per feud.

goldenagenick24 wrote:

-Make it two titles. Tv.com and US title is more than enough with our current crop of people. Once more join we should have the Tag Team titles re-introduced but until then we need more people.

Well, JandSman said it best. The tag team division is dead, and Slick and EFC are the only ones who would probably care whether or not we have them around. I'm iffy about getting rid of them though. It would seem funny to not have tag titles, but if people don't team up and at least announce (not even promo, just say "hey, we don't mind teaming up together") that they are fine with being put in those matches when needed and don't have any other matches or things to do, then it'll be tough to deal with at times.

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Most of the things are out of our hands. If people are interested, they'll come. Considering the Roundtable was one of the reasons I stayed years ago I hate to see it in this condition but I'd love to see it be renewed to it's old records.

That's it right there. We can't force people to promo. We can't force activity.Anything we do won't guarantee interest or the rise of old players or the coming of new players. It really is out of our hands, and the only thing we can do is change the game to fit the times. We are at a point were only about six people want to promo and have the time to do so, and even people who do like the Roundtable just don't care like they used to.

Guys, I don't want the Roundtable to end, at least not in basically two months. I've told Speeps and JandSman the same thing, I think we can make it to WM 30 at least if the activity stays roughly where it is and end it then. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but let's face facts, the RT will most likely never be as active with people or promos like it once was. I want at least one more year so that we can go out in style, trying to have the feuds we never got a chance to have, face the players we haven't faced yet, and generally end on a solid note instead of packing it up in 68 days.

I don't think a merger will happen, because WOTU doesn't like Tv.com and certain people from Tv.com have bad tastes in their mouths from the last time they tried to join. And moving to another website won't work, because no other site seems to do the RT like we do.

Bottom line for me at least, I think we should keep going and just have fun with it. Let's not be so rigid and regal, and just have fun. Let's just play until people don't want to anymore. Hell, I don't even care if you guys promo or not anymore. I really don't. As long as you're having fun, want to send in picks, and we have at least a few titles for the top scoring guys to hold, I'm fine with bare minimum. Whatever you guys want, I'm in.

Edited on 01/29/2013 2:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.

spideynerd3

[8]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 29
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

The problem with this one is for some reason most of the people in the WOTU feel too loyal to Killerband and the union to come over here and do both RTs. Gamerguy already does it, but he has trouble posting here on tv.com, so others post for him. That's honestly all we are going to get from the WOTU here, unless we agree to some type of merger, but use both sites. We'd have a couple people that copy and paste promo's to the opposite site so everyone knows what is going on. A merger is just one idea though, and it would probably take a lot of planning to actually work. The RT is fun, but facing the same people over and over again gets a little repetitive. I know JandSman has tried to post information about the TWF RT on other sites, but he gets no response to them. I don't know if it is just the fact that people don't like others coming in and pitching a move to another site just to play a game, or if they look at it and find it silly, or if there is a completely different reason. With tv.com (the site) being so inactive, and wrestling going downhill faster than ever before, people probably just think, "Yeah, I'll pass". To be honest, the people we have now, and the people in the WOTU are probably all we'll have for awhile now... Until Wrestling gets good again, IF that ever happens.

Frieza4226

[9]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 4

I am not sure if I have a right to speak on this because I do not promo as much as I would like, which seems to make me part of the problem rather than part of the solution, but I do have one thing I would like to say:

I have seen thatthings like the amount ofpromos, big storylines and talking has decreased over the past year, it's true. Even I have gotten behind in writing things up. However, the amount of people who participate in this game every PPV is usually around fourteen or fifteen on average. I haven't done the math but that sounds right in my head from what I've seen. Is that really a low enough number to cause any real problem when Crulex has said before that he only needs eight at minimum?

Edited on 01/29/2013 10:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

Deadnight-Majin

[10]Jan 29, 2013

Frieza4226 wrote:

I am not sure if I have a right to speak on this because I do not promo as much as I would like, which seems to make me part of the problem rather than part of the solution, but I do have one thing I would like to say:

I have seen thatthings like the amount ofpromos, big storylines and talking has decreased over the past year, it's true. Even I have gotten behind in writing things up. However, the amount of people who participate in this game every PPV is usually around fourteen or fifteen on average. I haven't done the math but that sounds right in my head from what I've seen. Is that really a low enough number to cause any real problem when Crulex has said before that he only needs eight at minimum?

Yep, 14 or 15 is more than enough. Some people just like the sending their picks in and getting their scores done anyway, not everyone is into doing the big stories.

Randyspeeps

[11]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 34

Promo numbers are down, membership is down, feuds are down, everyone is busy, so lets kill the Roundtable. No.

I don't see why the roundtable should die. If people still want to write, send picks, and people still want to run the place, I say we continue to party like we have since 2008. I do believe, and I've said this before, the current model has run it's course. I do believe that their can be changes to how we do business in the roundtable, some of those ideas I have discussed with Crulex (more like 1 one of them )

I have ideas but this isn't the place to discuss them. I'll talk to the GM's. With that said, don't kill the roundtable. If the roundtable is killed, I riot

Crulex1369

[12]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 26
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    some of those ideas I have discussed with Crulex (more like 1 one of them )

That being said, btw, I haven't forgotten about that idea. I plan to use that idea at Elimination Chamber. The only reason why I didn't at Royal Rumble was because it was dual branded and I needed a card Spidey and WOTU could easily use on short notice.

Deadnight-Majin

[13]Jan 29, 2013

You should tell the world your plan Speeps. And by tell the world I mean send me a message about it

I have plans for the HOTTEST ANGLE THE ROUNDTABLE WILL HAVE EVER WITNESSED in the next few months. You've all been put on notice.

JakeFrato

[14]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 7

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

You should tell the world your plan Speeps. And by tell the world I mean send me a message about it

I have plans for the HOTTEST ANGLE THE ROUNDTABLE WILL HAVE EVER WITNESSED in the next few months. You've all been put on notice.

Not If I hoist the TWF and WOTU titles above my head at Wresltemania, you wont

spideynerd3

[15]Jan 29, 2013
    JakeFrato wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Not If I hoist the TWF and WOTU titles above my head at Wresltemania, you wont

But don't worry, you won't. Speeps will cash in right after your TWF Championship match at Mania, and I'll cash in on you right after your WOTU Championship match at Mania leaving you title less.

Randyspeeps

[16]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 34
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Will do!

I would like to know why so many of our guys compete over in the WOTU. Obviously something is going on over there that makes people run to them. I stick by my belief that drugs are involved, but that's just me.

spideynerd3

[17]Jan 29, 2013
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Will do!

I would like to know why so many of our guys compete over in the WOTU. Obviously something is going on over there that makes people run to them. I stick by my belief that drugs are involved, but that's just me.

Well, originally I went over there because the ASATT died, and at first I didn't want to go to the WOTU, but then I changed my mind and went over there because I had an idea for a good storyline... I've been there sense. It was JandSman who wanted me to join the WOTU in the first place, and Crulex went over after the ASATT died. Cpman and Twist went to the WOTU out of curiosity I believe, and Cpman stayed because I actually gave him attention over there, where I ignored him here. Ballin (for the time he was in the WOTU) was there before I had even gotten there, and I believe he was there before JandSman even, but I could be wrong. JandSman had left via differences with good ole Killerband, and I took over. He came back because he wanted to. As for Crulex, when JandSman, Sonic, and myself were about to leave, he said he thought he'd stay and stick things out, and that convinced me to stay as well.

So to be honest, I really don't know what makes the few of us that compete over there stay. I think it starts with curiosity, and then they stay because they enjoy the atmosphere of the WOTU RT (not the union itself, that gets a little crazy at times). I've been working with them sense the Ortonism issue, and I think if an Ortonism takeover were to happen now, they'd take it on like it was a challenge to start a war (over freaking out).

TwistofFate14

[18]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 15
    spideynerd3 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Will do!

Well, originally I went over there because the ASATT died, and at first I didn't want to go to the WOTU, but then I changed my mind and went over there because I had an idea for a good storyline... I've been there sense. It was JandSman who wanted me to join the WOTU in the first place, and Crulex went over after the ASATT died. Cpman and Twist went to the WOTU out of curiosity I believe, and Cpman stayed because I actually gave him attention over there, where I ignored him here. Ballin (for the time he was in the WOTU) was there before I had even gotten there, and I believe he was there before JandSman even, but I could be wrong. JandSman had left via differences with good ole Killerband, and I took over. He came back because he wanted to. As for Crulex, when JandSman, Sonic, and myself were about to leave, he said he thought he'd stay and stick things out, and that convinced me to stay as well.

So to be honest, I really don't know what makes the few of us that compete over there stay. I think it starts with curiosity, and then they stay because they enjoy the atmosphere of the WOTU RT (not the union itself, that gets a little crazy at times). I've been working with them sense the Ortonism issue, and I think if an Ortonism takeover were to happen now, they'd take it on like it was a challenge to start a war (over freaking out).

I went there because, the union is more active than ours. There are more people to talk to, but I'll always be loyal to the TWF because that's where I got my start.

JandSman

[19]Jan 29, 2013
    Keep up coming people, if you have any comments or ideas about the Round Table at all, just post it, and we will try to address it to the best of our abilities!

JLe1223

[20]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 20
    The Tag Team division is dead, I say drop the title belts and replace it with a new one.