WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

The Official Off-Topic Topic

seinfeld111690

[121]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 25
    atanner wrote:
    Oh and Seinfeld the Broncos could be 0-3 but there not, they have the same record as your Ravens. And your Ravens could easily be 0-3 as well after barely beating the Jets and Cardinals.

They did not "barely", beat the Jets and Cardinals. Each of those games were not really close, just the score would show it that way.

The Broncos have just gotten good breaks...its not necessarily a bad thing...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

atanner

[122]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    Oh and Seinfeld the Broncos could be 0-3 but there not, they have the same record as your Ravens. And your Ravens could easily be 0-3 as well after barely beating the Jets and Cardinals.

They did not "barely", beat the Jets and Cardinals. Each of those games were not really close, just the score would show it that way.

Well ifMcCareinscatches a wide open pass in the endzone the Jets would've tied that game and they beat the Cardinals on a last second field goal to win after blowing a 17 point lead.

Edited on 09/29/2007 6:10pm

tupac4lyfe

[123]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

Actually, those games were close. The only reasons the Jets didn't force overtime is because of two drops that was guaranteed game-tying touchdowns by Justin McCareins, the last one coming off his hands which became an interception by Ray Lewis. IfMcCareins hadn't dropped those balls,the Jets would have forced overtime and would have had the momentumAs for the Cardinals game, just because the Ravens led 20-3 doesn't mean the game didn't end close. Stover kicked the game-winning field goal with no time left on the clock. The only reason they was in field goal range was because ofa ridiculous 15-yard personal foul (launching) on Cardinals' corner Eric Green on Todd Heap after he caught the ball and wasn't down yet on the game-winning drive. If Stover had missed, the game would have gone to overtime with the Cardinals having all the momentum, having scored the last 17 points.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 6:09pm

seinfeld111690

[124]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    atanner wrote:

Well if Coles catches a wide open pass in the endzone the Jets would've tied that game and they beat the Cardinals on a last second field goal to win after blowing a 17 point lead.

I still think that the Broncos got much bigger breaks then the Ravens did.

Not to mention that the Ravens were basically cheated out of that week 1 game. Heap was called for offensive interference, when he scored that touchdown, even though it should have been ruled D-Interference.

seinfeld111690

[125]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    If Stover had missed, the game would have gone to overtime with the Cardinals having all the momentum, having scored the last 17 points.

Stover? Missing Field goals? Are you kidding....?

tupac4lyfe

[126]Sep 29, 2007
    No, I'm not, even Stover misses sometimes or it could have been blocked. In fact, he's missed one already this year, he's 8 of 9.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 7:02pm
    Edited 3 total times.

GameWiz1000

[127]Sep 29, 2007

Hurricane1123 wrote:
    I have no clue as to what all these statistics mean but I'm just going to ask since I'm from Houston. Are the Texans any good? I wouldn't really know since, I'm more of a soccer guy. VIVA MEXICO!

They're surprisingly good this year. The other Texas team, the Dallas Cowboys are going to be great this year.

seinfeld111690

[128]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    No, I'm not, even Stover misses sometimes or it could have been blocked. In fact, he's missed one already this year, he's 8 of 9.

Then he was told to purposely miss the kick. . He is easily the greatest kicker, ever.

atanner

[129]Sep 29, 2007

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    Then he was told to purposely miss the kick. . He is easily the greatest kicker, ever.

I think your forgetting about Mr. Elam who plays in Denver, he holds the NFL record for most points by anyone for 1 team in NFL History

hornswaggle

[130]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 21
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

I think your forgetting about Mr. Elam who plays in Denver, he holds the NFL record for most points by anyone for 1 team in NFL History

really i didnt know that!
    what do you guys think of philly this year?

tupac4lyfe

[131]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

Don't forget about Adam Vinatieri, one of the most clutch playoff kickers in NFL history. Who else have you heard of that have kicked two 40+ yard kicks in driving snow and two game-winning Super Bowl kicks(one of those against my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers, man, what could have been....)?

atanner

[132]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

Don't forget about Adam Vinatieri, one of the most clutch playoff kickers in NFL history. Who else have you heard of that have kicked two 40+ yard kicks in driving snow and two game-winning Super Bowl kicks(one of those against my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers, man, what could have been....)?

Adam's not better than Elam

tupac4lyfe

[133]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

But your a Broncos fan so of course your going to think that Elam is better.

GameWiz1000

[134]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

Look at both of their stats. Adam has had an average of 82.7% accuracy over his entire career.

Elam = 79.9

What puts him ahead of all other kickers in my eyes are his performances in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

Edited on 09/29/2007 8:48pm

tupac4lyfe

[135]Sep 29, 2007
    While we're on the topic of football,week 4 NFL predictions anyone?

NFC South:

Panthers(2,1):24 Bucs(2,1):20

Player of the Game: Steve Smith(I predict 8 catches with about 110 yards, 2 TDs)

Falcons(0,3):7 Texans(2,1):28

Players of the Game: Ahmad Green/Ron Dayne (I predict 35 carries with about 175 yards combined, 3 TDs)

Saints(0,3): Bye

Player of the week: Drew Brees(for Perdue's, his alma mata, victory over Notre Dame)

GO PANTHERS!!!

atanner

[136]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

So what, the stat I gave means he is the best right, also he is tied for the longest FG in NFL history with a 63-yarder.

atanner

[137]Sep 29, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

Look at both of their stats. Adam has had an average of 82.7% accuracy over his entire career.

Elam = 79.9

What puts him ahead of all other kickers in my eyes are his performances in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

Well Elam has played 3 more years so Vinitari should have a higher FG% because he has kicked less FG, Elam has more FG made then Vinitari has attempted.

tupac4lyfe

[138]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

So what, the stat I gave means he is the best right, also he is tied for the longest FG in NFL history with a 63-yarder.

So what, that just means he's been on the same team his whole career and that he's been on offenses that doesn't score touchdowns, like the Bronco years after Elway retired and before Griese started. Also, Matt Bryant of Tampa made a 62 yard kick last year, does that mean he the second greatest kicker ever?
    Edited on 09/29/2007 9:15pm

atanner

[139]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

So what, that just means he's been on the same team his whole career and that he's been on offenses that doesn't score touchdowns, like the Bronco years after Elway retired and before Griese started. Also, Matt Bryant of Tampa made a 62 yard kick last year, does that mean he the second greatest kicker ever?

I'm not saying that just because he kicked a 63-yarder means he's the best it just helps his case, and do you understand that Elam is Kicker and he holds the record for most points by a player ever, a QB, RB, and WR get 6 points for a TD and a K gets 1 and 3 points for a PAT and FG. Also he holds the record for Kickers with the most consecutive seasons with at least 100 points, that's 2 NFL records and he is tied for a 3rd one.

GameWiz1000

[140]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:

When was the last time a 63 yarder was even attempted? The reason only two kickers in history have made 63 yarders is because they're two of the few kickers who've ever actually attempted it. I'm sure if all of the kickers in the NFL had a competition to see who could kick a 63 yarder, a few of them would succeed.

tupac4lyfe wrote:
    While we're on the topic of football,week 4 NFL predictions anyone?

NFC South:

Panthers(2,1):24 Bucs(2,1):20

Player of the Game: Steve Smith(I predict 8 catches with about 110 yards, 2 TDs)

Falcons(0,3):7 Texans(2,1):28

Players of the Game: Ahmad Green/Ron Dayne (I predict 35 carries with about 175 yards combined, 3 TDs)

Saints(0,3): Bye

Player of the week: Drew Brees(for Perdue's, his alma mata, victory over Notre Dame)

GO PANTHERS!!!

I'll make predictions of my own. I just won't bother picking the player of the game. BTW, Delhomme is out with an injury so I don't see Smith having that big of a game.

Winners in bold:

Houston @ Hotlanta

New York Jets @ Buffalo

Baltimore @ Cleveland

St. Louis Lambs @ Dallas

Chicago @ Detroit

Oakland @ Miami

GB @ Minnesota (Not buying the Packers as a serious contendor)

Tampa @ Carolina (Due to Delhomme being out.)

Seattle @ San Fran

Pittsburgh @ 'Zona

Denver @ Indy (Huge upset in most people's eyes but I see it happening... maybe it's just my hate for the Colts)

KC @ San Diego

Phili @ NY Giants

NE @ Cinci

Edited on 09/29/2007 9:29pm