WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

The Official Off-Topic Topic

atanner

[141]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 8

GameWiz1000 wrote:
    Denver @ Indy (Huge upset in most people's eyes but I see it happening... maybe it's just my hate for the Colts)

Well if CU can beat #3 ranked Oklahoma then I guess Denver could beat the Colts.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tupac4lyfe

[142]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    No, I'm not, even Stover misses sometimes or it could have been blocked. In fact, he's missed one already this year, he's 8 of 9.
    Then he was told to purposely miss the kick. . He is easily the greatest kicker, ever.

I think your forgetting about Mr. Elam who plays in Denver, he holds the NFL record for most points by anyone for 1 team in NFL History

Don't forget about Adam Vinatieri, one of the most clutch playoff kickers in NFL history. Who else have you heard of that have kicked two 40+ yard kicks in driving snow and two game-winning Super Bowl kicks(one of those against my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers, man, what could have been....)?

Adam's not better than Elam

But your a Broncos fan so of course your going to think that Elam is better.

So what, the stat I gave means he is the best right, also he is tied for the longest FG in NFL history with a 63-yarder.

So what, that just means he's been on the same team his whole career and that he's been on offenses that doesn't score touchdowns, like the Bronco years after Elway retired and before Griese started. Also, Matt Bryant of Tampa made a 62 yard kick last year, does that mean he the second greatest kicker ever?

I'm not saying that just because he kicked a 63-yarder means he's the best it just helps his case, and do you understand that Elam is Kicker and he holds the record for most points by a player ever, a QB, RB, and WR get 6 points for a TD and a K gets 1 and 3 points for a PAT and FG. Also he holds the record for Kickers with the most consecutive seasons with at least 100 points, that's 2 NFL records and he is tied for a 3rd one.

Kickers always dominates these stats because they tend to play til they are 43-45 (hell, Morten Andersen is 47) while QB and WR play til they are 34-35,which is around the time they are starting to consider retirement. RBs get replaced earlier than that, usually around 31-32 years old before their bodies deteriorate(Priest Holmes). The records, while impressive, are not that important because that can be due to the lack of scoring for the offense, like I said earlier. Vinateiri, has played for teams that have had consistently powerful offense (Patriots and Colts) that scores touchdowns in the redzone. I guarantee you that if Vinitieri had played for the Panthers or the Ravens his whole career, he would own all those records.

seinfeld111690

[145]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 25
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    TV.com should have a forum specifically for Pro/College football. It would probably be the most popular.

You silly goofball, they do:

http://www.tv.com/sports/board/73523/topics.html?tag=boards;title;9

There is an official NFL and College Football thread in there.

tupac4lyfe

[146]Sep 29, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

I'll make predictions of my own. I just won't bother picking the player of the game. BTW, Delhomme is out with an injury so I don't see Smith having that big of a game.

That why I think Smith will have a big game. Carr, being a 2nd stringer, will automatcally look at Smith 1st since he is the playmaker on the team. Carr, when he wasn't on his back, was one of the most accurate passers last year.

tupac4lyfe

[148]Sep 29, 2007
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    TV.com should have a forum specifically for Pro/College football. It would probably be the most popular.
    You silly goofball, they do: http://www.tv.com/sports/board/73523/topics.html?tag=boards;title;9 There is an official NFL and College Football thread in there.
    That's why I deleted the post. I had posted it before I thoroughly looked, my bad.

atanner

[149]Sep 29, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

I'll make predictions of my own. I just won't bother picking the player of the game. BTW, Delhomme is out with an injury so I don't see Smith having that big of a game.

That why I think Smith will have a big game. Carr, being a 2nd stringer, will automatcally look at Smith 1st since he is the playmaker on the team. Carr, when he wasn't on his back, was one of the most accurate passers last year.

Which is impossible because almost all the sacks when he was a Texan were his fault. Schaub has been sacked 5 times this year through 3 games last year with the same O-line Carr was sacked 10 times through 3 games.

tupac4lyfe

[150]Sep 29, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Which is impossible because almost all the sacks when he was a Texan were his fault, Schaub has been sacked 5 times this year through 3 games last year with the same O-line Carr was sacked 10 times through 3 games.

I didn't say it was the Texans' fault. Based on what I saw last week and during the preseason, I feel like he'll get rid of the ball quicker than last year. Well see tomorrow, I guess.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 10:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

GameWiz1000

[151]Sep 30, 2007

Some fantasy football advice. Who should I start?

Gore @ Seattle

or

Marion Barber vs. that horrible Rams defense

tupac4lyfe

[152]Sep 30, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

After what he did to the Bears' defense last week, Marion Barber hands down. Your only worry with him is how much touches Julius Jones will get, too. Gore been struggling a bit with only 3.4 yards per carry despite playing the Rams once already.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 11:13pm

GameWiz1000

[153]Sep 30, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

After what he did to the Bears' defense last week, Marion Barber hands down. Your only worrywith him is how much touches Julius Jones will get, too. Gore been struggling a bit with only 3.4 yards per carry despite playing the Rams once already.

Barber has been lights out. He leads all running backs with 5 TD's this season... definite fantasy steal for me. Thanks, I'll go with him.

In another league, I've got Gore (vs. Seattle) and Addai (vs. Denver). Who would you start in this case?

Edited on 09/29/2007 11:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

atanner

[154]Sep 30, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

After what he did to the Bears' defense last week, Marion Barber hands down. Your only worrywith him is how much touches Julius Jones will get, too. Gore been struggling a bit with only 3.4 yards per carry despite playing the Rams once already.

Barber has been lights out. He leads all running backs with 5 TD's and was a fantasy steal for me. I'll go with him.

In another league, I have Addai (vs. Denver) and Gore (vs. Seattle). Who would you choose between these two? Addai has been more consistant this season and Denver can't seem to stop the run this year so I'm leaning more towards Addai.

Start Gore, he will do better against a Seattle D that isn't that good, don't start Addai because Denver is good vs the run, the reason they are ranked low is because of a big 30 yard run by Jordan and the Jags ran the ball because they couldn't pass well, other than those 2 reasons Denver's run D has been solid.

tupac4lyfe

[156]Sep 30, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

Barber has been lights out. He leads all running backs with 5 TD's and was a fantasy steal for me. I'll go with him.

In another league, I have Addai (vs. Denver) and Gore (vs. Seattle). Who would you choose between these two? Addai has been more consistant this season and Denver can't seem to stop the run this year so I'm leaning more towards Addai.

Start Gore, he will do better against a Seattle D that isn't that good, don't start Addai because Denver is good vs the run, the reason they are ranked low is because of a big 30 yard run by Jordan and the Jags ran the ball because they couldn't pass well, other than those 2 reasons Denver's run D has been solid.

Marshawn Lynch(a rookie) had 19 carries for 90 yards and a TD in week 1 against Denver in week one. LaMont had 25 carries for 159 yards against at Denver in week 2. Jacksonville wasn't the only game they had problems stopping the run.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 11:29pm

GameWiz1000

[157]Sep 30, 2007
    atanner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

The Jags may have ran it alot but how do you explain Fred Taylor averaging 4.9 yards per carry in that game? Even without that big 30 yard run, Jordan still averaged 5.2 yards a carry against the Broncos. Marshawn Lynch had a good game against Denver as well, averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

GameWiz1000

[158]Sep 30, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

Marshawn Lynch(a rookie) had 19 carries for 90 yards and a TD in week 1 against Denver in week one. LaMont had 25 carries for 159 yards against at Denver in week 2. Jacksonville wasn't the only game they had problems stopping the run.

So do you think I should start Addai?

Gore had two great games against Seattle last season but like you mentioned, Gore hasn't been doing much this season. The only reason I'm thinking of starting him over Addai is because he is the 49ers offense. If the 49ers score 3 TD's on Sunday, I see Gore scoring atleast 2 of those TD's, if not all three. The Colts on the other hand have a number of weapons they can utilize in the red zone, including TE Dallas Clark who has had 13 receptions and 2 TD's so far this season. Then of course, Wayne and Harrison are options.

atanner

[159]Sep 30, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

We held Lynch to under 100 yards rushing which was good because in any game if you can hold your opponent to under 100 yards rushing you did a great job and that 30+ yard run by Jordan was in OT so if it was a regular 4Q game he would of had about 40 less yards then he did so it was 120 yards rushing which isn't great but it's still good, and so the Jacksonville game was the game that we had a problem stopping the run.

GameWiz1000 wrote:
    The Jags may have ran it alot but how do you explain Fred Taylor averaging 4.9 yards per carry in that game? Even without that big 30 yard run, Jordan still averaged 5.2 yards a carry against the Broncos. Marshawn Lynch had a good game against Denver as well, averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

So who cares how many yards per rush they had, the thing that matters is how many yards they give up and they gave up under 100 to Lynch and Jordan who had about 40 yards in OT alone so really he rushed for about 120 which isn't good but it's not that bad, and for the Jacksonville game most of those yards came in garbage time when the game was over for Denver. So other than Jordans 40 yards in OT and Jacksonville running a lot when the game was pretty much over Denver's D has been good.

tupac4lyfe

[160]Sep 30, 2007
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    atanner wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:

Gore @ Seattle

or

So do you think I should start Addai?

Gore had two great games against Seattle last season but like you mentioned, Gore hasn't been doing much this season. The only reason I'm thinking of starting him over Addai is because he is the 49ers offense. If the 49ers score 3 TD's on Sunday, I see Gore scoring atleast 2 of those TD's, if not all three. The Colts on the other hand have a number of weapons they can utilize in the red zone, including TE Dallas Clark who has had 13 receptions and 2 TD's so far this season. Then of course, Wayne and Harrison are options.

I honestly don't know, Gore have to break out sometime. Peyton Manning is the X-factor here. I don't think either player will hurt you, but since you said Denver would win, Peyton will pass more.I would go with Gore over Addai, barely.
    Edited on 09/29/2007 11:49pm