TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

The Rhodes Scholars hurting the rejuvenation?

Who should be the real tag team pushed?

goldenagenick24

[1]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 17

There hasn't been a thread for just regular discussion for a while, so I figured with the roundtable switching back here a good way to get things cooking again would be to have some nice debate threads.

First off, I have no problem with the Rhodes Scholars. I believe that Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow are two GREAT mid-card heels that can really work on the mic and in the ring. The problem that I have with them is that this new tag team division that is supposed to be getting pushed is now having most of its teams take a backseat to the two newest teams in the division! It's nice short term thinking, but in the long run it's going to come back to hurt them. All four men of Rhodes Scholars and Hell No are poised to break out back into the main event scene, so why are they getting the spotlight? If Hell No were given a feud against any other team they could put them over like crazy but instead they throw two random people together again.

The Ascension is an AWESOME tag team from FCW that I believe will soon be coming and making a big impact but I think it's best to save their debut until after team Hell No because honestly they'd probably end up being squashed. Mysterio and Sin Cara are a nice tag team, but really they are another pairing that will sadly be put ahead of all the rest of the teams. Personally I think that International Airstrike and PTP are the two teams that should really be getting put over by Team Hell No. One team is hands-down the best workers with I.A and the other has the overness of the crowd and decent enough mic skills to carry the titles.

Overall I just want to find out what everyone thinks the tag division's direction should be or even tell me if they think where it's at is perfectly fine. Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JakeCpFrato

[2]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 13
    The Primetime Players are two NXT rejects that are not good in the least. I.A. and Primo and Epico, that's the way to go.

zan4

[3]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 10
    Well what i really think they need is a really good staples again.Which can start with these new tag teams that are forming right now. I can see road scholar becoming a 3 or 4 member group of mid cards that can be pushed .
    am not really sure what they trying to do with hell no. But it seems to be working right now. We havent seen a really good match out of them that they can work as a function tagteam but i believe that is the point of it. I do enjoy how rey and sin matches are working out. It looks like sin is going to take rey place in the ring in a few weeks. I would love to see a new ring song and entry video for road scholar.

goldenagenick24

[4]Oct 1, 2012

JakeCpFrato wrote:
    The Primetime Players are two NXT rejects that are not good in the least. I.A. and Primo and Epico, that's the way to go.
    Primetime Players have thrived on the mic and actually have a personality though, something the tag division lacks. Primo and Epico/Uso's could be a lot better, but they're so bland. They need either more mic time to get a solid character going or something to set them apart.

Deadnight-Majin

[5]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 18

When they bring Moxley/Ambrose up from FCW/NXT he should lead/manage a stable like he did with Kamikaze USA back in DGUSA, that could work really well (and contain a tag team).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GQrAIYeVgE

goldenagenick24

[6]Oct 5, 2012

So the WWE decides to put over this Ryder/Santino duo over International Airstrike? This is verydisappointing.

Deadnight-Majin

[7]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 18

goldenagenick24 wrote:

So the WWE decides to put over this Ryder/Santino duo over International Airstrike? This is verydisappointing.

Agreed. They put together such a cool team with Gabriel and Kidd, then have proceeded to do nothing at all with them.