WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

The WWE Debate

Which will best sum up the WWE in 2013?

  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [1]Dec 12, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,858

    It has come to my attention that discussion on the current WWE product has been dull; with good reason. There's not much positives and the negatives are piling up faster than Vince can say "TOUT." Now, we're on the heels of what I anticipated to be an uneventful "WWE Week" on USA and NBC. The purpose of this thread is for us to discuss the current state of the WWE. In this thread, there is no such thing as "off-topic" as long as it relates to the WWE.


    To kick us off on the right foot, the link below is a little over 10 minutes long and it is very entertaining, and worth the time it takes to watch. If you are offended by the F-bomb, I suggest you skip it:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk9Rk5I1LVw


    With that said, lets discuss.


    Edited on 12/12/2012 4:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TVRULEZ222

    TVRULEZ222

    [2]Dec 12, 2012
    • member since: 11/19/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 279

    my major problem is raw guys feuding with smackdown guys like i get everything with the supershow but at the same time at least commit to a brand extension or just end it stop confusing us with all of this and also they should have more special episodes like king of the ring old school raw etc i mean if you want something to boost the ratings then something like that would do the trick like this weeks slammys probably will get higher ratings then the past couple of raws

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [3]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    Problems:


    * Thin roster - talk about misusing the guys all you like but at the end of the day most of them just don't have "it"


    * Nothing matters - While there have been occasions in the past where the top prize, the WWE championship, played second fiddle to the likes of John Cena and Triple H when they weren't holding it, this was the year that the title was officially downgraded to intercontinental level, as it got to the point that whatever random match John Cena was in would be the main event (vs Rock, vs Brock? Fine. vs Johnny Ace, vs Big Show? Not). The world title has been downgraded even further too, with it now seeming like that main eventing a PPV is out of the question. Bare in mind this is the same belt on the same brand that stars like Undertaker, Triple H, Batista, Jeff Hardy and Edge were warring over on a top level not so long ago.


    * Too much - I'm not saying that having all the programmes they do is inherently a bad thing, but it turns out that way when they don't have enough good stuff to fill even one of them.


    * No chances taken - Push someone new! Ok, there's Ryback, but that's about it. They should have put the rocket on Daniel Bryan with the reactions he was getting around April, rather than keeping him heel (though he very well may be more entertaining like that).


    * Crappy stories, crappy writing, crappy booking


    I could go on. I'd recommend that everyone goes and watches some other wrestling (like Ring Of Honor: Final Battle this sunday, which looks awesome! Generico vs Steen has been the hottest feud in America for three years, they're main eventing in a ladder war for the world title, go look up the hype videos on Youtube).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [5]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,213
    I can't say that I love what WWE's become. Nothing is the same. The writing, ringside commentary, the talent, and even the fans' reactions have all gone flat. Who's the blame for all this? The children, Vince, Cena, this generation? Well, whoever's responsible, I think they deserve a harsh punishment, 'cause this ain't right! There may come a time when WWE gets better and stops being so kid-friendly in the future (What were they thinking?! Like it's really okay for kids to watch wrestling late at night! Stupid parenting!), but that could take years.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [6]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477

    What WWE needs to do is about the same thing a lot of places/shows need to dot hat have gone on for more than ten years: Nuke everything and start over.


    Cut the fat out of the roster (Khali, Otunga, Del Rio, most of the ex-Nexus people, Alex Riley, etc.) and let the stars who can wrestle and talk (yes, they do exist, they're just stuck in Mid-card and tag team hell or are currently injured) run the show.


    They need to stop recapping every half hour and do more, or at least a bit more, wrestling than talking. Cut back to one show of two hours and fill those hours, expanding only when you get back to being good.


    They need female wrestlers who can WRESTLE!!! Hot women who can wrestle exist! They did back when Trish, Jazz, Lita, Holly, Kong, MJ and more were there! They still exist now!


    Then, once they have all the talent, and I mean TALENT, together, they need a creative writing team that knows how to write storylines fit for at least good B movies, write the stories and not be neutered by Vince McMahon, hisdaughter and PinociHHHio.


    Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to have a commentary team that commentates ON THE MATCH!!! I don't mind a joke or two between the commentary team, or even a comment or two on the main stories, but when Daniel Bryan is going one on one with Dean Ambrose, I don't need to hear about AJ Lee's issues for half the match. Call the match!

    Edited on 12/13/2012 12:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [7]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    TVRULEZ222 wrote:
    my major problem is raw guys feuding with smackdown guys like i get everything with the supershow but at the same time at least commit to a brand extension or just end it stop confusing us with all of this and also they should have more special episodes like king of the ring old school raw etc i mean if you want something to boost the ratings then something like that would do the trick like this weeks slammys probably will get higher ratings then the past couple of raws
    This is my issue too.


    Also nothing feels special anymore. Remember when a title vs title match had meaning, even if it was a lower card one. Stuff like this happens to much that you wonder what the hell is the point?


    The Brand Extension is over like TVRulez222 says, so what's the point of having two main championships? Do tell WWE, what's the point? It's annoying and does nothing for me as a viewer.


    I'm tired of the same old people in the main picture and even the mid-card. How many times did we have to see Miz vs Kofi BEFORE it got on the PPV? It made no sense. Also how many times is Kofi going to be a mid-card champion ?!


    They also have way too many damn shows. Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, FCW, WWE Main Event and God knows what else. It's over exposure. Raw needs to be 2 hours again. Put Superstars on TV, get rid of Main Event, NXT and FCW. Yeah I said, get them off the net and TV.


    What happened to the tag teams love WWE?


    One last thing, too many PPVs. 13 is too many, 6-8 should be enough.

    Edited on 12/13/2012 2:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of goldenagenick24

    goldenagenick24

    [8]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 11/05/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,074

    -8-10 PPV's



    -Brand split made.



    -More mic time for mid-card and tag team division.



    -CM Punk and John Cena putting guys over.



    -Storylines that matter.



    -No more shows besides RAW and Smackdown! with RAW going back to 2 hours.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [9]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    goldenagenick24 wrote:
    -8-10 PPV's


    -Brand split made.


    -More mic time for mid-card and tag team division.


    -CM Punk and John Cena putting guys over.


    -Storylines that matter.


    -No more shows besides RAW and Smackdown! with RAW going back to 2 hours.

    I like the way you think.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of goldenagenick24

    goldenagenick24

    [10]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 11/05/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 3,074

    telvisnostic wrote:


    goldenagenick24 wrote:
    -8-10 PPV's


    -Brand split made.


    -More mic time for mid-card and tag team division.


    -CM Punk and John Cena putting guys over.


    -Storylines that matter.


    -No more shows besides RAW and Smackdown! with RAW going back to 2 hours.

    I like the way you think.


    Thanks!



    I have a couple more I'd like to add:



    -Stop relying on part-timers: (Rock, HHH, Lesnar, Taker) They're almost never there and when they come back all they do is make the real roster look bad.



    -There doesn't need to be a top guy. In the "Attitude Era" ratings were so high because it seemed like everyone had a shot. Now all you get is people going through the WWE with a full head of steam before falling to Cena or Punk. (Although Punk does let them look good, his cheap wins make both competitors look bad.



    -Make Smackdown live. The reason it wasn't was because of Taker and HHH, correct? Spoilers and boring shows may be the death of SD!



    -Move Cena to SD!. He may be the only person that can save it.



    -Bring back the draft. It could mark the day the brand split becomes important.



    -Don't make heels and faces soblatantlyobvious. Fans can cheer for whoever they want. Example: Orton is incredibly boring as a face but he can still be a heel that gets cheered



    More to come.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [11]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    goldenagenick24 wrote:
    -Move Cena to SD!. He may be the only person that can save it.
    You're welcome.


    This x100000. I've been wanting for that to happen for years now.

    Edited on 12/13/2012 3:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [12]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,213
    They can make WWE a little bit better by removing the "Did You Know?" segments. They're just packed with lies. They're just trying desperately to get the viewers' attention.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TVRULEZ222

    TVRULEZ222

    [13]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 11/19/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 279

    honestly i dont think its pg or kids thats the problem people dont realize wwe was pg for a long time before the attitude era so its not that you can just blame pg that being said i really dont think there is that many problems besides the brand extension the only thing wwe has to do is stop confusing its fans i mean we had ziggler/orton feud a couple months ago and then out of nowhere del rio entered a feud with orton for no reason if wwe could just start having more developed storylines then i think they will be fine

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [14]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    They can make WWE a little bit better by removing the "Did You Know?" segments. They're just packed with lies. They're just trying desperately to get the viewers' attention.
    This amused me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [15]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,858

    The problem for the WWE is simple to me: Out of Touch.


    The WWE no longer knows what works. They have failed to adapt and are stuck using a business model that died in 1980. Instead of going forward, they took a three decade leap backwards. They thought "conservative" Tv is what's needed. No more blood. No more violence. We need a human dinosaur and a cute little Leprechaun who can't speak. How about turning the words "Yes" and "no" into the most annoying words ever? Problem is, that's not entertainment. That's annoyance.


    Vince believed he figured out what a "2012" world looks likes when he saw Twitter and Tout. He realized that everyone is using social media. So Vince, being the mad scientist he is decided to make Twitter and Tout(something that only the WWE promotes) an intricate part of his show. Problem is, they over did it. So instead of being entertaining. It became annoying.


    1980 ended in 1980. We're in 2012. Everyone agrees that WWE is for kids. Well, kids no longer want to play Mario. That's their grandpa's game. They want to play Halo, and Call of Duty. Blood. Guts. COMPETITION. Vince doesn't see it. Or doesn't believe it. He sees his target market as 4,5,6 years of age. The kids still playing Wii Sports and learning to color between the lines. (John Cena coloring books do exist) Kids in 2012 like villains. They like bad asses. Kids in 1980 wanted to eat their vitamins and drink their milk. John Cena is a 1980 icon: Hustle, Loyalty Respect. Problem is kids today don't hustle, they have credit cards. They aren't loyal, they have 10 cliques. They have no respect, they curse around their parents and challenge their teachers. Perhaps Vince should give us a 2012 icon.


    Which leads me to this last thing. I never understood why people like Ryback. He has a stupid but catchy catch phrase "feed me more." Not a great wrestler. And probably can't cut a top notch promo. But then the light bulb came on: Ryback is feeding the starving WWE fans who want something new. Something different. Something current. Ryback is current. He's a human machine. He has crazy strength. For kids, he looks like a mortal Kombat character. For the older fans, he's change. A fresh face. We older people will cheer anything that's fresh. Plus, he's not Cena or Orton. But what about CM Punk? He's fresh. CM Punk is not CM Punk. He's WWE CM Punk. He doesn't realize it, but his edge is gone. His "pipe bombs" have become "water spurts." Punk no longer has it. He's becoming the next John Cena. Over used and shoved down our throats.


    Chris Jericho is the only one that figured it out.

    Edited on 12/13/2012 4:46pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [16]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,858
    telvisnostic wrote:

    TVRULEZ222 wrote:
    my major problem is raw guys feuding with smackdown guys like i get everything with the supershow but at the same time at least commit to a brand extension or just end it stop confusing us with all of this and also they should have more special episodes like king of the ring old school raw etc i mean if you want something to boost the ratings then something like that would do the trick like this weeks slammys probably will get higher ratings then the past couple of raws
    This is my issue too.


    Also nothing feels special anymore. Remember when a title vs title match had meaning, even if it was a lower card one. Stuff like this happens to much that you wonder what the hell is the point?


    The Brand Extension is over like TVRulez222 says, so what's the point of having two main championships? Do tell WWE, what's the point? It's annoying and does nothing for me as a viewer.


    I'm tired of the same old people in the main picture and even the mid-card. How many times did we have to see Miz vs Kofi BEFORE it got on the PPV? It made no sense. Also how many times is Kofi going to be a mid-card champion ?!


    They also have way too many damn shows. Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, FCW, WWE Main Event and God knows what else. It's over exposure. Raw needs to be 2 hours again. Put Superstars on TV, get rid of Main Event, NXT and FCW. Yeah I said, get them off the net and TV.


    What happened to the tag teams love WWE?


    One last thing, too many PPVs. 13 is too many, 6-8 should be enough.

    BINGO!

    I agree with everything on this list. Speaking of over exposure, we get WWE week next week
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [17]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288

    TVRULEZ222 wrote:
    honestly i dont think its pg or kids thats the problem people dont realize wwe was pg for a long time before the attitude era so its not that you can just blame pg that being said i really dont think there is that many problems besides the brand extension the only thing wwe has to do is stop confusing its fans i mean we had ziggler/orton feud a couple months ago and then out of nowhere del rio entered a feud with orton for no reason if wwe could just start having more developed storylines then i think they will be fine
    Yup, I don't think it's the issue too. I was watching the company when it was PG, then PG-13, then TV14 and now back to PG. The difference then and now is that there was a plethora of talent that was allowed to shine at different points, whilst the main guy was left to be interesting and fun. It didn't matter how many times the Hogans or Austins or whomever was THE guy everyone wanted to see came on our TV or PPV or house shows or what have you.


    They had energy and no one really sounded the same. It seems as if all these promos sound the same it's annoying and stupid.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [18]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,213

    Deadnight-Majin wrote:


    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    They can make WWE a little bit better by removing the "Did You Know?" segments. They're just packed with lies. They're just trying desperately to get the viewers' attention.
    This amused me.



    Great...I guess.


    Speeps, you should go on TV and let everyone know about WWE's problems.


    Edited on 12/13/2012 4:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deadnight-Majin

    Deadnight-Majin

    [19]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,128

    What's WWE week?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Raccoon1459

    Raccoon1459

    [20]Dec 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/02/10
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,213
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

    What's WWE week?


    Monday: Raw (2012 Slammy Awards), 8/7 CT
    Tuesday: Commercial-free SuperSmackDown Live, 8/7 CT
    Wednesday: WWE Tribute to the Troops, 9/8 CT
    Thursday: "Burn Notice," guest-starring World Heavyweight Champion Big Show, 11/10 CT
    Friday: "The Game Plan," starring The Rock and hosted by WWE Champion CM Punk, 8:30/7:30 CT
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.