The WWE Debate

Which will best sum up the WWE in 2013?

Randyspeeps

[21]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 34
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

What's WWE week?

A train-wreck in the making.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[22]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 22
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

What's WWE week?

You're never going to be happy again until WWE changes, will you?

Randyspeeps

[23]Dec 13, 2012
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

What's WWE week?

You're never going to be happy again until WWE changes, will you?
    That is true. I'm fed up.

What's funny is, when I first came to this site, I was known as an annoying Pro-WWE mark...

Deadnight-Majin

[24]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 18

I was runner up to JandSman in the pro-WWE category in the end of year awards a couple of years ago. What's happened to us man?! We need to stand up for WWE.

TVRULEZ222

[25]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 6

honestly i dont get whats wrong about the wwe week i mean the slammys are usually fun smackdown on tuesday should be decent and tribute to the troops is always a great show and i mean hopefully we get something to end the year ina positive way if you noticed around this time is usually when wwedoes somethinglike that likewhen cm punk joined nexus in 2010 and when kane returned in 2011 because its really now or never and they need to do something big to end this roller coaster year

Raccoon1459

[26]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 22
    TVRULEZ222 wrote:

honestly i dont get whats wrong about the wwe week i mean the slammys are usually fun smackdown on tuesday should be decent and tribute to the troops is always a great show and i mean hopefully we get something to end the year ina positive way if you noticed around this time is usually when wwedoes somethinglike that likewhen cm punk joined nexus in 2010 and when kane returned in 2011 because its really now or never and they need to do something big to end this roller coaster year

"Roller coaster year"? It feels more like a carousel ride.

JakeFrato

[27]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 7
    I better win biggest Ryback fan. I mark out for him far too much. At least give me biggest Great Khali fan!

Honestly, I feel like when HBK went out the door, we were doomed right then and there. Then, when Edge was forced into retirement, it was all just...gone. CM Punk was that one hope, and combining him with Jericho was making it look like we might be able to get back to what we once had. See, HBK kept those Attitude Era fans, I think. Triple H didn't really do it, or Edge. It was HBK keeping those fans connected. Watch him in that classic 2008 feud with Chris Jericho was just so good, and that ladder match at No Mercy? One of the best ever. Shawn Michaels was what kept the WWE in good spirits. Then, we realized Shawn didn't have much time left in him, and that Cena was going to continue to be Cena for years to come. To be honest, I only started watching wrestling in 2007, March to be exact. The minute I saw Cena go over Khali at Extreme Rules, I knew something was up. Sure, Khali isn't the greatest wrestler in the world, but he was a monster heel. Cena went over him. Just before, he had been beating HBK, Edge, and Orton on a daily basis. It seemed all he did was WIN! Except for that match where HBK fought him for an hour, and won. That was epic. I remember when he hurt himself, and I was just so happy. I got to see more Shawn Michaels, I saw Jericho, and Edge and Triple H. Four Attitude Era guys just going at it, all because Cena was gone. That was a good time in WWE, 2008, if you ask me. Then, Cena came back, beat Jericho for the World Title, and they basically made HBK look so inferior just because he wasn't the one to beat Jericho. They have made Cena look so good, it was ruined the product. Wrestling doesn't go this way. It just doesn't. Cena is what wrestling SHOULDN'T be about.

Randyspeeps

[28]Dec 13, 2012

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I was runner up to JandSman in the pro-WWE category in the end of year awards a couple of years ago. What's happened to us man?! We need to stand up for WWE.

I have no problem relinquishing the title. I can't defend something I don't believe in.

Oh, and for those of you who care. Orton is injured with wrist injury. As an Ortonist...the biggest Ortonist on the net, I feel Orton has lost his passion for the business. He's been stuck feuding with people who should have, or will be fired by by next year, and has been stuck pandering to the crowd, something he absolutely hates. The WWE has ruined Orton, and now Orton is unwilling to fight through a wrist injury (and I know this because Orton has fought through tons of injuries, minus his clavicle injuries.) I have never seen a wrist injury hold Orton back. I and many Ortonists believe he has lost the fire for the biz.

Edited on 12/13/2012 7:01pm

SkinsFan2189

[29]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 16
    I think the difference in the WWE product can be illustrated just by the activity on this board. When I joined this site four years ago, there were tons of users on here discussing wrestling. There were 4-5 new threads everyday when I first checked the site. Now, it's rare to even see 4-5 new posts when I first check the site (excluding Monday nights). Was WWE great 4-5 years ago? Not really. But it was eons better than it is now. Raw is no longer must-see tv. I haven't even watched it the last two weeks, and what have I missed? Essentially nothing. Plus, I can watch next weeks 3 hour show of highlights and see everything I would've seen the last two weeks and kill less time doing it. Rather than being a wrestling company, WWE has become pure entertainment. Sure, it always had its movies it did, but it was never this bad. Now they care about trending, being nationally known, and putting on Rolling Stones Pay-Per-Views. Every actual wrestling feud in the WWE is stale. They can't put any of their big stars up against each other because we've already seen it happen. Why isn't Dolph Ziggler a main eventer right now? There is no good answer to that question. Why doesn't Kofi Kingston get main-event level feuds? Same thing. There's just nothing good going on in the WWE. We all thought there'd be a big summer storyline like there always is that gets everybody interested. Nope. Is The Shield interesting? Sure, but we've seen it before. It's been done. If you take a clip of Michael Cole's audio from the Nexus invasion and one for the Shield's invasion you'll hear essentially the same thing. It's a rehashed idea, just like everything else in the WWE today. I guess the main point I'm trying to get at is WWE doesn't care about wrestling. It doesn't care about feuds. It doesn't care about true wrestling fans. It cares about making money, getting nationwide publicity, spamming social media sites, and trying to create celebrities, rather than professional wrestlers. There is no good reason for me to turn into Monday Night Raw anymore. Will I tune in for the Slammy's on Monday night? Probably not. WWE 2012 was bad enough the first time through, why should I waste my time watching the highlights of it again?

goldenagenick24

[30]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 17

Randyspeeps wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I have no problem relinquishing the title. I can't defend something I don't believe in.

Oh, and for those of you who care. Orton is injured with wrist injury. As an Ortonist...the biggest Ortonist on the net, I feel Orton has lost his passion for the business. He's been stuck feuding with people who should have, or will be fired by by next year, and has been stuck pandering to the crowd, something he absolutely hates. The WWE has ruined Orton, and now Orton is unwilling to fight through a wrist injury (and I know this because Orton has fought through tons of injuries, minus his clavicle injuries.) I have never seen a wrist injury hold Orton back. I and many Ortonists believe he has lost the fire for the biz.

From everything I've read they used the wrist as a scapegoat. They don't have anything planned for him currently but he's supposed to come back into the title scene in early 2013 very heavily once all the current feuds end. Along with Dolph Ziggler.

Wisp955

[31]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 11
    What is annoying about the WWE is that they have all the resources needed to be great but, they're just lazy. In their POV, the "WWE universe" would watch or buy anything they put out there so, why put any effort into it?

Crulex1369

[32]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 26

Randyspeeps wrote:

Which leads me to this last thing. I never understood why people like Ryback. He has a stupid but catchy catch phrase "feed me more." Not a great wrestler. And probably can't cut a top notch promo. But then the light bulb came on: Ryback is feeding the starving WWE fans who want something new. Something different. Something current. Ryback is current. He's a human machine. He has crazy strength. For kids, he looks like a mortal Kombat character. For the older fans, he's change. A fresh face. We older people will cheer anything that's fresh.

Sadly, this actually is why I like Ryback.I realize he's not a techinal marval in the ring, and his promos are limited to rage and stoic animalistic hunger and anger (granted it works if they don't force him to talk). But he's new, he's different, and he appeals to a certain amount to both kids and adults. That's why I kinda fear what will happen a year from now when he's not new or different. I want to like Ryback, but I don't know how long the buzz will last unless he can find a way to evolve or take a character risk, something most WWE stars just can't do anymore. Though I do have to disagree with you on one thing........Feed Me More is totally not stupid..........okay, maybe a little, but still, it's catchy as hell.

JLe1223

[33]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 20
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Why stand up for the WWE, if the WWE doesn't care about it's own product?

telvisnostic

[34]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 52

Wisp955 wrote:
    What is annoying about the WWE is that they have all the resources needed to be great but, they're just lazy. In their POV, the "WWE universe" would watch or buy anything they put out there so, why put any effort into it?
    This!

They seem to be coasting and now it's finally caught up to them.

Randyspeeps

[35]Dec 14, 2012
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

From everything I've read they used the wrist as a scapegoat. They don't have anything planned for him currently but he's supposed to come back into the title scene in early 2013 very heavily once all the current feuds end. Along with Dolph Ziggler.

If that is true, they are pathetic. How can you not have something for one of your biggest stars to do? It's just stupid.

JLe1223

[36]Dec 14, 2012
    • level: 20
    I heard Randy Orton was going to turn heel as soon as he comes back from injury.

goldenagenick24

[37]Dec 15, 2012

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

If that is true, they are pathetic. How can you not have something for one of your biggest stars to do? It's just stupid.
    It's also not a wrist injury. It's a separated shoulder. So he does have alegitimate injury. He has 2 strikes and is injury prone not to mention he's still fairly young. I think he should be moved to RAW though because he's done everything he could on SD!

Randyspeeps

[38]Dec 15, 2012
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

It's also not a wrist injury. It's a separated shoulder. So he does have alegitimate injury. He has 2 strikes and is injury prone not to mention he's still fairly young. I think he should be moved to RAW though because he's done everything he could on SD!

Just because the WWE says it's separated shoulder doesn't mean it is. Orton has a legitimate wrist injury.

goldenagenick24

[39]Dec 15, 2012

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Just because the WWE says it's separated shoulder doesn't mean it is. Orton has a legitimate wrist injury.
    He has both. It happened at Tribute to the Troops.

telvisnostic

[40]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 52

Jerry Lynn has said it best so far:

:
    On the current state of pro wrestling: "When you have the bookers and storywriters hired from Hollywood, and they know absolutely nothing about wrestling, it becomes, you know, what do you do? When I do seminars, I tell guys watch older wrestling from the 80s. It was working, they must've done something right. Like in the earlier days of TNA, I liked the way they were furthering storylines. When I was in the feud with AJ Styles, we would do stuff like one of us would jump the other in catering, and we're fighting over tables and stuff instead of going to the ring and having a Def Comedy Jam with microphones. It's ridiculous.

There's so many times with guys out there sounding like two kids on a playground going 'my dad can beat up your dad.' If you're really pissed off and you're serious, and you're in a built up feud and there's heat, you're like alright, s***'s on, let's go. That's why I miss the old NWA days where the Four Horsemen followed Dusty into the parking lot of the TV studio and jumped him. Stuff like that. Or when Eddie Gilbert and Tommy Rich in the USWA, Tommy Rich just bloodied him and Eddie came out and apologized, he had tears in his eyes, a heartfelt apology, and then he turned on him again. It was brilliant. Old school worked. Old school psychology will still work, you just fit the fancy new moves like a piece in the puzzle, where they make sense. Otherwise it's just a stunt exhibition.

"There's a lot of guys that are in this to prove how tough they are. It's not about that. If you do this for any significant amount of time, you're gonna lose. The human body wasn't made for this whatsoever... Brad Rheingans, the guy who trained me, told me the secret to having a good match every time is if you and your opponent go out there and try to make each other look like a million bucks. But now it's so many guys that are like 'I wanna get this in.' It's all me-me-me. And when I'm gonna be in there with someone like that I'm just like 'oh, God, this is gonna be like pulling teeth' and 'am I gonna get out of this alive?' and all, and they forget the show isn't about one person, it's a team effort."

Edited on 12/16/2012 3:23pm