We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Top star lashes out at Vince McMahon. *Must Read*

Randyspeeps

[1]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 34

Wrestlezone wrote:
    A number of top talents have approached Vince McMahon in recent weeks voicing their concern over WWE's current product according to PWInsider.com.

One of the top talents had a verbal back and forth with McMahon in front of everyone. In this exchange, the talent basically told Vince the writing sucks and that McMahon doesn't have his finger on the pulse of things anymore. Since McMahon is out of touch with wrestling in 2012, the talent told him he needs to start listening to people around him. The final note was the talent saying when WWE goes to "hell in a handbasket" it will be all Vince's fault.

As of this time, the identity of the talent hasn't been confirmed to the point of being able to name them according to PWInsider.

McMahon's top stars, along with pressure from NBC Universal to fix the ratings is said to be a huge slap in McMahon's face. This all played a factor in McMahon making drastic changes.

Reportedly this is only the beginning and more changes are coming.

Wrestlezone wrote:

Several weeks ago, it was reported a top WWE talent spoke up to Vince McMahon and told him the product was in trouble.

F4Wonline.com is reporting that star was John Cena who went to McMahon pointing out how he's out of touch with the product and audience.

I initially thought the superstar was CM Punk. I also wouldn't mind if it was Randy Orton, but he seems to be on the sh*t list. To find out it was John Cena is very surprising. Him speaking up about the horrid product shows some fortitude and that he isn't a "yes" man. I can respect him a little more. I still think his character sucks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 22
    It's great that a superstar spoke up, but I'm surprised that the superstar was Cena, of all people. It makes me think differently of him a little bit.

Randyspeeps

[3]Nov 5, 2012
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    It's great that a superstar spoke up, but I'm surprised that the superstar was Cena, of all people. It makes me think differently of him a little bit.
    That's what I'm saying. Perhaps he got Vince's attention.

In unrelated news, Linda McMahon has spent nearly $100million on her senate campaign. A race she is likely to lose. Perhaps they could have taken that money and find a better creative staff.

telvisnostic

[4]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 52

Randyspeeps wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    That's what I'm saying. Perhaps he got Vince's attention. In unrelated news, Linda McMahon has spent nearly $100million on her senate campaign. A race she is likely to lose. Perhaps they could have taken that money and find a better creative staff.
    I kept telling you he wasn't a 'yes man'.

As for Linda's insane amount of money spent. They could have used that on a booking team. Get rid of the Hollywood and Soap writers man. Get rid of them.

JLe1223

[5]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 20
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    That's what I'm saying. Perhaps he got Vince's attention.

In unrelated news, Linda McMahon has spent nearly $100million on her senate campaign. A race she is likely to lose. Perhaps they could have taken that money and find a better creative staff.

Likely? She WILL lose.

goldenagenick24

[6]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 17

I think he's speaking up as the company is on the rise in talent and storylines. Is this him being upset with the company or where he'sat in the company. The tag division is fresh, titles are starting to mean more than just an accessory, and the only thing I can honestly say that's wrong is that there aren't enough new faces to challenge the abundance of heels.

Randyspeeps

[7]Nov 7, 2012
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

I think he's speaking up as the company is on the rise in talent and storylines. Is this him being upset with the company or where he'sat in the company. The tag division is fresh, titles are starting to mean more than just an accessory, and the only thing I can honestly say that's wrong is that there aren't enough new faces to challenge the abundance of heels.

I think oppositely. The company is continuing a downward slope. They can bring as much talent as they want in. But if the character development sucks, the storylines make no sense, and the product continues to be stale, no one will watch.

Their ratings are plummeting. And it's not because of the NFL.

Deadnight-Majin

[8]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 18

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

I think oppositely. The company is continuing a downward slope. They can bring as much talent as they want in. But if the character development sucks, the storylines make no sense, and the product continues to be stale, no one will watch. Their ratings are plummeting. And it's not because of the NFL.
    This man is right, WWE is in a bad place at the moment. Hopefully they'll wake up and do something worthwhile with the next folks they bring up from developmental.

goldenagenick24

[9]Nov 12, 2012

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

I think oppositely. The company is continuing a downward slope. They can bring as much talent as they want in. But if the character development sucks, the storylines make no sense, and the product continues to be stale, no one will watch. Their ratings are plummeting. And it's not because of the NFL.
    This man is right, WWE is in a bad place at the moment. Hopefully they'll wake up and do something worthwhile with the next folks they bring up from developmental.

For some unknown reason they don't push mid-card feuds and if they do it's just "I don't like you" with no interesting storyline. What's killing them is they have 3 hours every Monday but they overfeed us with the top feud instead of giving other feuds time. We're getting close to the return of The Rock and RTM season. Hopefully things start heating up. This roster is the most talented WRESTLING roster that WWE has EVER had. They just need to utilize them better now. I think it's about time Daniel Bryan and Kane split and D-Bry had a nice singles feud. The Dean Ambrose debut needs to happen. Wade Barrett is getting primed for a WHC title shot. They can go so many ways, but they'll probably continue to give Cena-AJ affair air time along with Ryback breathing into a camera for 20 minutes.

JLe1223

[10]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 20
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

For some unknown reason they don't push mid-card feuds and if they do it's just "I don't like you" with no interesting storyline. What's killing them is they have 3 hours every Monday but they overfeed us with the top feud instead of giving other feuds time. We're getting close to the return of The Rock and RTM season. Hopefully things start heating up. This roster is the most talented WRESTLING roster that WWE has EVER had. They just need to utilize them better now. I think it's about time Daniel Bryan and Kane split and D-Bry had a nice singles feud. The Dean Ambrose debut needs to happen. Wade Barrett is getting primed for a WHC title shot. They can go so many ways, but they'll probably continue to give Cena-AJ affair air time along with Ryback breathing into a camera for 20 minutes.

And that's the problem there.

Deadnight-Majin

[11]Nov 12, 2012

goldenagenick24 wrote:
    This roster is the most talented WRESTLING roster that WWE has EVER had.

Really? I mean sure, there's some great guys in developmental, but most of the main roster are pretty hopeless.

goldenagenick24

[12]Nov 13, 2012

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Really? I mean sure, there's some great guys in developmental, but most of the main roster are pretty hopeless.

Wrestlers like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Cena, Randy Orton, Tyson Kidd, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, Hunico, Jack Swagger, Michael Mcgillicutty, The Miz, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio, Santino (YES, Santino), and Sin Cara are ALL guys who have a lot of wrestling skill but are either stuck with little air time, a dumb gimmick or no gimmick at all, or stuck in limbo where they put on amazing matches then get no mic time.

No matter how good of a wrestler you are in WWE if you're character isn't interesting you aren't going to get over. If you dive into the tag division you have a lot of interesting tag teams which may not have the skill but can make a match entertaining(PTP). Developmental are holding gems like Kassius Ohno, Dean Ambrose, The Ascension, Steamboat, and others so I think that it's not a matter of bringing in talent but actually utilizing their current crop.

Deadnight-Majin

[13]Nov 13, 2012

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

Wrestlers like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Cena, Randy Orton, Tyson Kidd, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Drew Mcintyre, Evan Bourne, Hunico, Jack Swagger, Michael Mcgillicutty, The Miz, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio, Santino (YES, Santino), and Sin Cara are ALL guys who have a lot of wrestling skill but are either stuck with little air time, a dumb gimmick or no gimmick at all, or stuck in limbo where they put on amazing matches then get no mic time.

No matter how good of a wrestler you are in WWE if you're character isn't interesting you aren't going to get over. If you dive into the tag division you have a lot of interesting tag teams which may not have the skill but can make a match entertaining(PTP). Developmental are holding gems like Kassius Ohno, Dean Ambrose, The Ascension, Steamboat, and others so I think that it's not a matter of bringing in talent but actually utilizing their current crop.

CM Punk - talented but stale

Daniel Bryan - brilliant

Dolph Ziggler - great seller, but championed mainly because he is in a sea of mediocrity

Kofi Kingston - got over HUGE in 09 with Orton, they dropped the ball and they'll never pick it back up in the same way

John Cena - stale

Randy Orton - has no fresh worthwhile opponents to feud with, but could make a new babyface just like he did with Kofi

Tyson Kidd - Fairly flashy worker but no charisma

Wade Barrett - Meh

Antonio Cesaro - I appreciate him but he wasn't even a big draw for me on the indys

Christian - Great but he's done it all

Cody Rhodes - Meh

Damien Sandow - funny but not top star material

Drew Mcintyre - Meh

Evan Bourne - From the best wrestling fed in the universe, but isn't going to succeed in this promotion that doesn't care about junior heavyweights. I look forward to seeing him back in Dragon Gate.

Hunico - ?

Jack Swagger - Way too buried

Michael Hennig - ?

The Miz - I change my opinion of him on an almost daily basis. Strong on the mic but not in the ring.

R Truth - Solid mid carder

Rey Mysterio - Legendary, but he's in the twilight of his career

Santino - No

Sin Cara - Brilliant luchador doesn't work in the WWE style

Even the promising prospects on the main roster have already been ruined. I don't even know why I seem to be on a quest to bury WWE, maybe it's just because it is getting close to being the worst wrestling fed in the world despite being the biggest and having the most money. Their incompetence irritates me.

Edited on 11/13/2012 4:52pm

Crulex1369

[14]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 27

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

The Miz - I change my opinion of him on an almost daily basis. Strong on the mic but not in the ring.

He may not be HBK in the ring but he's damn sure better than more than75% the main roster at this point. Then again, less than or about ten interesting and non-stale people is not a good sign for WWE.

Randyspeeps

[15]Nov 14, 2012
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

In terms of in ring talent, these guys are good, but their not the best. The year 2002 was the best (I named the superstars below). But it takes more than wrestling ability to be a WWE Superstar. I would say 30% of it is wrestling ability(and some of them can't even do that). 70% is charisma, mic work, and character. This current WWE roster sucks when it comes to getting over, having charisma and mic work. These guys can't get over. Their characters suck. They lack depth, they lack that emotional attachment; they lack everything, but the ability to wrestle.

I don't know if it's their fault or the creative staff's fault, but I know that the writers aren't making anything easy.

Even a guy like Dolph Ziggler that Nick mentioned would be considered a bonafied midcarder back in the good days(2002). You know the days with Kurt Angle, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, HHH, The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane, The Hardy's, Big Show, Brock Lesnar, HBK, Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho.

These 2012 guys would like sh*t on a broomstick in 2002. With the exception of CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton. All the other guys wouldn't have a job. Especially Alberto Del Rio.

SonicDaioh91

[16]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 4
    This is pretty much the reason why I stopped watching wrestling after Wrestlemania this year. The storylines were being reused, the buildup was just messy, the talent I used to want to see I just want them to be gone, and the only good thing that's going right now is that Bryan is building back up the tag division. Thankfully, Cena spoke up. Just like I knew he would since he cares so much about the company he works for.

goldenagenick24

[17]Nov 14, 2012

Randyspeeps wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

goldenagenick24 wrote:

In terms of in ring talent, these guys are good, but their not the best. The year 2002 was the best (I named the superstars below). But it takes more than wrestling ability to be a WWE Superstar. I would say 30% of it is wrestling ability(and some of them can't even do that). 70% is charisma, mic work, and character. This current WWE roster sucks when it comes to getting over, having charisma and mic work. These guys can't get over. Their characters suck. They lack depth, they lack that emotional attachment; they lack everything, but the ability to wrestle. I don't know if it's their fault or the creative staff's fault, but I know that the writers aren't making anything easy. Even a guy like Dolph Ziggler that Nick mentioned would be considered a bonafied midcarder back in the good days(2002).

You know the days with Kurt Angle, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, HHH, The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane, The Hardy's, Big Show, Brock Lesnar, HBK, Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho.

These 2012 guys would like sh*t on a broomstick in 2002. With the exception of CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton. All the other guys wouldn't have a job. Especially Alberto Del Rio.

The Rock, Foley, Big Show, and Brock Lesnar are GREAT characters. Not wrestlers. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Kidd, and others could wrestle circles around those guys. The difference is what I mentioned in my first post. The creative team is lacking storylines and characters. Look at all those guys you mentioned. Everything about their character was different than most on the roster. These days all we have is regular people. Tyson Kidd is Tyson Kidd. He has nothing working for him that should be on creatives shoulders. Bret Hart is probably one of the most boring people i've ever seen make it to the top on the mic but he is one of THE greatest in-ring workers and the reason he worked out in WWE/F is because they gave him the right character. Look at his flop of a run in WCW. It's not the werstlers, it's the writers.