WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar at Summerslam

Raccoon1459

[1]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 22

Source: Bleacherreport.com

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam will not only be an amazing match, but it'll trump Lesnar vs. John Cena at Extreme Rules. Cena and Lesnar put on a great match, but Triple H's dramatic presence and pace will make this a classic.

As soon as Triple H uttered the word "summer," I knew where he was going with his promo. Okay, I knew where he was going with his promo when I saw he was going to appear, but it'll still be an excellent match.

Triple H says he wants to "fight," so I wouldn't be surprised to see some additional stipulations added. There is a ton of emotion involved and time between now and SummerSlam. The picture of what this match will be isn't set in stone.

We saw Triple H and Undertaker put on a great match at WrestleMania 28. Originally I doubted how good that match would be as both men are a little long in the tooth. What the two legends couldn't produce in in-ring athleticism, they made up for with awesome pace and drama.

This isn't exactly Lesnar's strong suit, but it shouldn't be too difficult for him to follow the Game's lead.

At this point in Triple H's career, he is forced to utilize his ability to tell a story during a match. He'll do this at SummerSlam, and to see Lesnar in a match with that quality will be something new.

Of course, Lesnar has to accept the challenge, but I think that's a foregone conclusion. The two will meet and the results will be memorable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 52

I think the match could be good too. After that, hopefully we don't have to see them until next year.

Randyspeeps

[3]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 34
    The real question is, will this match bet the main event, or will John Cena trump it?

SkinsFan2189

[4]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 16
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    The real question is, will this match bet the main event, or will John Cena trump it?
    John Cena will trump it. Cena could be facing Stan Stansky and still be the main event.

Raccoon1459

[5]Jun 19, 2012

telvisnostic wrote:

I think the match could be good too. After that, hopefully we don't have to see them until next year.

Personally, I hope that the rivalry will continue right after Summerslam. It's helping Raw stand on its feet. But what are the chances of it continuing?

Edited on 06/22/2012 9:46am

Hurricane1123

[6]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 34
    Lesnar has never fought Triple H before, has he? I'm thinking back to ten years ago but I don't think they ever had a match, especially when the brand boundaries between Raw and Smackdown were a lot stricter than they are now.

Raccoon1459

[7]Jun 22, 2012
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    Lesnar has never fought Triple H before, has he? I'm thinking back to ten years ago but I don't think they ever had a match, especially when the brand boundaries between Raw and Smackdown were a lot stricter than they are now.

I don't think he has. He fought against top superstars like Hogan and The Rock in 2002, but not Triple H.

wdprince

[8]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-L3MyLc45A

Outside of this match, the 2 have never faced eachother.

As for that statement that Lesnar/HHH will be better than Lesnar/Cena, ehhh... we'll see.

Raccoon1459

[9]Jun 30, 2012
    Thrilling triple threat match, wdprince!

I only hope that the 1 on 1 match will be just as thrilling.

wdprince

[10]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 21

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Thrilling triple threat match, wdprince! I only hope that the 1 on 1 match will be just as thrilling.
    Same. However, Triple H is nowhere near his 2000 self and isn't even half the wrestler he wasin that match. At this point in his career, his matches can only be extremely great orhorrifically terrible.

Then again, this past TLC he did put on a good match with Kevin Nash, of all people...

Like I said before, we'll see. Thus far, starting with that weak promo at No Way Out, the build up has beencentered aroundHeyman/HHH rather than Lesnar/ HHH.