WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Wrestlemania 26 rumor/spoiler.

Randyspeeps

[1]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 34
    Wrestlezone wrote:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that The Undertaker delivering the Tombstone Piledriver to John Cena on Raw this past week was the first step in what at this point looks to be a program between the two which will lead to a match at Wrestlemania 26. The feud most likely won't actually begin until time draws closer to the PPV, and the piledriver on Raw was just a small foreshadowing of what might come in the future. It should be noted, however, that WWE officials are hesitant to book a match between Cena and The Undertaker as Cena would be the clear heel between the two and management probably doesn't want Cena to draw tons of heat at the biggest PPV of the year.

Very interesting. If this happens, it's safe to assume that neither Taker or Cena would enter the PPV as World Champion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 38
    Doesn't Cena usually draw tons of heat at these things anyway? Oh, I forgot. We're not supposed to notice.

JandSman

[3]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    That would be great for both of them because i think that is one guy that people can really think he can beat the Undertaker or people would think can Cena lose one on one in a big match situation without someone interfering or costing Cena the match. But if The Rock wants to come back then Rock vs Cena could happen to

yooperchild

[4]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    This will be boring. My "give a damn" about the Undertaker and his Wrestlemania streak actually getting "ended" grows weaker and weaker every year (because I truly believe no one will ever end it)

At least it's not Shawn Michaels...."Mr. Wrestlemania" has spent more Wrestlemania's jobbing than probably almost anyone else.

JandSman

[5]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    yooperchild wrote:

At least it's not Shawn Michaels...."Mr. Wrestlemania" has spent more Wrestlemania's jobbing than probably almost anyone else.
    No HBK wins like every other WM since like WM 12

yooperchild

[6]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    JandSman wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:

No HBK wins like every other WM since like WM 12

Still...that's like 50% of his matches at Wrestlemania.

That's a failing grade.

lightning_kf

[7]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 36
    I find this most interesting. And I found it funny that they're too scared to build the match cause...*snickers*...Cena would be booed heavily in Phoenix.

Man, where were they when Cena got booed BAD in Chicago? Detroit, Orlando and Houston weren't so bad though they don't compare to Chicago in 2006, oye. No matter what Triple H did, he could NEVER get the fans to boo him. Oh well, the match made Cena the most controversial champion in WWE histo......wait, that's the cheap way to mask those boos. Face it, WWE. You can't mask or hide the fact that Cena NEEDS to turn heel more than Batista of all people. Though, until the money for Cena drops heavily then that will never happen.

Either way, Cena vs Taker would work build-up wise. Too many times I have seen people state that they would quit watching wrestling because of that streak or how Taker's matches at WrestleMania were too predictable. With Cena Internet marks FINALLY have the best reason to piss their pants about the streak should he lose.

GoofyGoober88

[8]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    The heat thing is pure BS they booked him against HBK at WM23 knowing HBK would get cheered much more than Cena, The only reason they wont book this is because Cena will lose to feed Takers ego and Cena don't lose at WM(Unless its Orton).

SJR0531

[10]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    [QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]
    Wrestlezone wrote:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that The Undertaker delivering the Tombstone Piledriver to John Cena on Raw this past week was the first step in what at this point looks to be a program between the two which will lead to a match at Wrestlemania 26. The feud most likely won't actually begin until time draws closer to the PPV, and the piledriver on Raw was just a small foreshadowing of what might come in the future. It should be noted, however, that WWE officials are hesitant to book a match between Cena and The Undertaker as Cena would be the clear heel between the two and management probably doesn't want Cena to draw tons of heat at the biggest PPV of the year.

VINCE HAS ANSWERED MY CALLS!

qfrodri85

[11]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 27
    lightning_kf wrote:
    I find this most interesting. And I found it funny that they're too scared to build the match cause...*snickers*...Cena would be booed heavily in Phoenix.

Man, where were they when Cena got booed BAD in Chicago? Detroit, Orlando and Houston weren't so bad though they don't compare to Chicago in 2006, oye.
    You forgot the non-WM PPVs... NYR 2006, Summerslam 2005-2009, Cena vs Orton/Edge/Angle, etc.

Cena even got booed against Swagger, Benjamin (2005) and JBL. Now that's more sad than getting booed against Taker.

GameWiz1000

[12]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 25
    It would be cool if Cena enters WM as a face, beats Taker and then turns heel.

lightning_kf

[13]Nov 21, 2009
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:
    The heat thing is pure BS they booked him against HBK at WM23 knowing HBK would get cheered much more than Cena, The only reason they wont book this is because Cena will lose to feed Takers ego and Cena don't lose at WM(Unless its Orton).

Now that you mention that, why would they allow Orton to win via pinfall on CENA?

Think about it. Cena undefeated at WrestleMania (6-0 if he didn't suffer the loss), Taker undefeated at WrestleMania (17-0). Don't tell me that match wouldn't sell a lot more than it does right now.

enervator

[14]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 38

I think that unfortunately the WWE has probably written itself into a corner with this Streak thing. Whoever they put in against Taker will undoubtedly go in as the heel, and almost certainly isn't going to win the match. If someone does beat Taker, instead of it pushing that person all it will do is piss off the fans. The WWE spends so much time covering up all the boos Cena already receives. They have no reason to believe he'd go into this one as a face, and shouldn't kid themselves into thinking that having him win this one would make his haters suddenly accept him.

Besides, until they set up Taker vs. DiBiase, I'm not too concerned about the streak ending.

lightning_kf

[15]Nov 21, 2009
    That is the one thing that I fear about this. For starters, no. Dibiase Jr should not be the one to beat Taker. Cause I don't think a win over Taker would really help him much except for getting booed by the fans. Then when he can't live up to the hype that WWE will force down their throats, what now?

But the one that I fear if they go with Cena/Taker. If they have Cena win, what will they do? My opinion: keep Cena face. Which is what I fear they would do. Seriously, if they do go with this they better be ready to make Cena heel afterwards. They can't continue with this charade that Cena is well loved by many when the crowd reaction speaks otherwise. And it would speak even MORE otherwise if they decide to have Cena win.

GoofyGoober88

[16]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    lightning_kf wrote:
    GoofyGoober88 wrote:

Now that you mention that, why would they allow Orton to win via pinfall on CENA?

Think about it. Cena undefeated at WrestleMania (6-0 if he didn't suffer the loss), Taker undefeated at WrestleMania (17-0). Don't tell me that match wouldn't sell a lot more than it does right now.

I have no idea why Orton was allowed to pin Cena not even HHH was allowed to beat Cena at Mania at WM22.

The only way this match would interest me now is if Cena went heel costing Taker the title WWE are that stupid that they dont see that he will still sell as a heel all those women and kids will still cheer him and buy his merch no matter what the only change will be that he will get the chance to rag on the fans that boo him now, Besides Cena/Taker feud back in 2003 was great with Cena as the heel.. the match at Vengeance 03 even had half the fans behind Cena because he was an entertaining heel.

Randyspeeps

[17]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 34
    enervator wrote:

I think that unfortunately the WWE has probably written itself into a corner with this Streak thing. Whoever they put in against Taker will undoubtedly go in as the heel, and almost certainly isn't going to win the match. If someone does beat Taker, instead of it pushing that person all it will do is piss off the fans. The WWE spends so much time covering up all the boos Cena already receives. They have no reason to believe he'd go into this one as a face, and shouldn't kid themselves into thinking that having him win this one would make his haters suddenly accept him.

Besides, until they set up Taker vs. DiBiase, I'm not too concerned about the streak ending.

Have I ever told you that you have really good timing?

Takers streak will never end. It's pointless now, and it's a streak that should not be tainted with one loss.

telvisnostic

[18]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 52

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the current Wrestlemania 26 plans call for Shawn Michaels to face The Undertaker at the big event. The seeds for a match between the two were obviously planted when HBK challenged The Undertaker to a rematch during The Slammy Awards, and it seems WWE is heading in that direction. It should be noted that WWE has considered John Cena, Vince McMahon and Chris Jericho as possible opponents for 'Taker at WrestleMania, but it appears those names have been ditched in favor of Michaels. Things could always change, however, as nothing is set in stone.

Speaking of Jericho, WWE creative has tossed around the idea of having him face Edge at WrestleMania should Edge be ready to return by then. We have been reporting that Edge's rehab has been progressing ahead of schedule, and many believe he will be ready to wrestle in time for WrestleMania.

-Wrestlezone

Sylardude

[19]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    If HBK faces undertaker once again at mania, i have a feeling the streak will end. It just doesn't seem right to have taker beat michaels at two mania's in a row. Unless they make it an iron man match or something.

Crulex1369

[20]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 26

telvisnostic wrote:
    WWE has considered John Cena, Vince McMahon and Chris Jericho as possible opponents for 'Taker at WrestleMania

Why was Vince even considered? There is nothing old man McMahon could do to make it seem like he's a threat.