WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Wrestlemania 29 Discussion Thread

Wrestlemania 29 will be....

Randyspeeps

[1]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 34

Wrestlemania is 49 days away, and it's arguably the biggest PPV of the year. With Elimination Chamber PPV taking place in just hours, the road to Wrestlemania can officially begin.

Match Card:

Pre Show:

Edited on 04/01/2013 8:08pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deadnight-Majin

[2]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 18

Yeah I can see Rock/Punk/Cena happening. My other predictions are pretty similar to yours.

JLe1223

[3]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 20
    Get ready to embrace another title reign of John Cena!

goldenagenick24

[4]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 17

Predictions:

The Rock v. John Cena

HHH v. Brock Lesnar

CM Punk v. Randy Orton

Swagger vs Del Rio

Ryback v. Mark Henry

Chris Jericho v. Dolph Ziggler

The Shield vs Team Hell No

AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn

Miz vs Cesaro

Wade Barrett vs Bo Dallas

Raccoon1459

[5]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 22
    More like Cenamania.

Randyspeeps

[6]Mar 10, 2013
    Well the Wrestlemania card is starting to shape up very nicely. Undertaker v. CM Punk will probably steal the show, and probably should be the main event this year.

Deadnight-Majin

[7]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 18

Randyspeeps wrote:
    Well the Wrestlemania card is starting to shape up very nicely. Undertaker v. CM Punk will probably steal the show, and probably should be the main event this year.
    Yeah that's the biggest draw for me too. I'd be very surprised if Rock and Cena don't have the main event spot though.

Randyspeeps

[8]Mar 17, 2013
    Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Ryback vs. The Shield has been added to the card. I am very excited about this match, because I love the Shield. However, I fully expect Ryback to be removed from this match and the Big Show to be inserted.

JandSman

[9]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 32
    My problem with the build up this year is the undercard, after Elimination Chamber they could have had a solid undercard with matches such as....

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show vs The Shield

Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz for the U.S. Title in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler

AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn for Diva's Championship

Wade Barrett vs Bo Dallas for IC

Mark Henry vs Ryback

Kane vs Daniel Bryan (Or have them defend the tag titles against a legit team like Rhodes Scholars or The Usos, or make a new legit team)

But now everything seems a lot more rushed and keeps changing, because now it seems like it's going to be...

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Ryback vs The Shield

Wade Barrett vs (The Miz or Chris Jericho) for the IC

Kane and Daniel Bryan vs Big E Langston and Dolph Ziggler for Tag Titles

Kaitlyn vs Layla for Diva's Championship

Now I'm sure some things are going to get changed like the Ryback situation, but why even tease Ryback being apart of the team when he isn't going to be. And why just suddenly end Miz vs Cesaro, or let the great opportunity of Ziggler vs Jericho go to waste. Or keep flipping back and forth on Daniel Bryan and Kane being on the same page or not, and wasting the opporunity they had with Bo Dallas for no reason. While also rushing a diva's heel turn. It seems very odd to me, that there wasting so much time on switching stories when they already had some solid ideas.

Randyspeeps

[10]Apr 1, 2013
    Card is updated and we're set for Mania. What are your predicitons?

Hurricane1123

[11]Apr 2, 2013
    Randyspeeps wrote:

Predictions?

Undertaker vs. CM Punk will be match of the night (I agree with many of you on that)

John Cena will win AND will turn heel! (Austin and Rock had a sequel with the purpose of turning Austin, I believe this is along the same alley)

Dolph Ziggler will finally cash in his Money in the Bank and hopefully will win.

Regardless of whether Triple H wins or loses, he won't retire.

By the way, the build to the big show has been disappointing (though I did like the ending segment with the ashes last night between Punk and Taker), but I'm sure the matches will deliver. Hopefully everything gets given time and we won't have any of that 18 second garbage we had last year (though that did completely make Daniel Bryan!)

Are any of you guys going to the big show? I like how even though Wrestlemania is technically in New Jersey, the WWE is pretending as if it were taking place in New York City with the countdown video and everything. Speaking of the countdown video, they should have kept the Angels and Airwaves song "Surrender" instead of changing it to "I'm Coming Home". I love Angels and Airwaves, tell me that it does not sound better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDOSysPJvn8

Also WM 30 should have been in MSG, not NoLa.

Randyspeeps

[12]Apr 2, 2013
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:

Predictions?

Undertaker vs. CM Punk will be match of the night (I agree with many of you on that)

John Cena will win AND will turn heel! (Austin and Rock had a sequel with the purpose of turning Austin, I believe this is along the same alley)

Dolph Ziggler will finally cash in his Money in the Bank and hopefully will win.

Regardless of whether Triple H wins or loses, he won't retire.

By the way, the build to the big show has been disappointing (though I did like the ending segment with the ashes last night between Punk and Taker), but I'm sure the matches will deliver. Hopefully everything gets given time and we won't have any of that 18 second garbage we had last year (though that did completely make Daniel Bryan!)

Are any of you guys going to the big show? I like how even though Wrestlemania is technically in New Jersey, the WWE is pretending as if it were taking place in New York City with the countdown video and everything. Speaking of the countdown video, they should have kept the Angels and Airwaves song "Surrender" instead of changing it to "I'm Coming Home". I love Angels and Airwaves, tell me that it does not sound better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDOSysPJvn8

Also WM 30 should have been in MSG, not NoLa.
    I agree with the theme song comment. Also, they have a new theme song "Bones" by Young Guns which is very good.

Randyspeeps

[13]Apr 2, 2013
    Speaking of Theme Songs, here are my top 5 Wrestlemania theme songs of all time:

5. "Light it Up" - Rev Theory - Wrestlemania 24

4. "Tear Away" - Drowning Pool - Wrestlemania 18

3. "I Made it" - Kevin Rudolph - Wrestlemania 26

2. "Ladies and Gentlemen" - Saliva - Wrestlemania 23

1. "My Way" - Limp Bizkit - Wrestlemania 17

Hurricane1123

[14]Apr 2, 2013
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    Speaking of Theme Songs, here are my top 5 Wrestlemania theme songs of all time:

I really liked the Austin vs. Rock Wrestlemania 17 promo that was shown before the match with the song "My Way" playing in the background. It definitely gave the match a big-time feel.

5. Harrosway - Jim Johnston
    (Essentially just a production theme by WWE's music department for Wrestlemania 15, but it's a definite classic.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIJnUHBfKWM

4. "Memory Will Never Die" - Default
    (Wrestlemania 23 secondary promo. Much better theme song than "Ladies and Gentlemen" IMO. Played at the beginning of the highlight montage.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srQUvC31Fic

3. "My Way" - Limp Bizkit

2. "I Dare You" - Shinedown (Wrestlemania 22 secondary theme song. Played at the beginning of the highlight montage and during the Angle/Orton/Rey Rey promo.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazu5htQT4I

1. "Wrestlemania" - Mean Gene, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tatanka, Big Bossman, Nasty Boys, Bret Hart
    (Can you smell the cheesy nostalgia! My favorite Wrestlemania theme ever. I only wish that they adapt this theme for the 30th Anniversary next year with modern day wrestlers. Pump it up!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_hYvj_g3w

Crulex1369

[15]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 26
    Randyspeeps wrote:

Cool, that's almost the same as mine. Except I would have put Light It Up at three, Written in the Stars in there somewhere and I like Bones quite a bit.

Randyspeeps

[16]Apr 3, 2013

One of my favorite parts about Wrestlemania is the ring and stage set up. It appears that the WWE is out doing themselves this year with the ring set up. Statute of Liberty on top of the ring is absolutely epic.

WrestleMania 29

Randyspeeps

[17]Apr 7, 2013

Just a couple things of looking for tonight:

Crowd reaction. New York/Jersey crowd are as hardcore as they come. Cena is in very big trouble tonight. So is HHH.

Entrances! Cena, Rock, Del Rio, Taker, Punk, Shield, Fandango, I'm expecting some big time entrances tonight.

Who is going to have that Wrestlemania moment? I vote Ziggler and Ryback.

Legends! I'm expecting a bunch of them.

I think this is a solid card. Should be a good night!

Crulex1369

[18]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 26
    I just want to see Ryback to lift Henry for a Shellshock. If nothing else, I just want to see him do that. The card for the most part does look good when you don't drill it to death with details and such. But Mania usually has some really high points, so it's going to be a great night indeed.

Raccoon1459

[19]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 22
    Randyspeeps wrote:

Here's my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhb79V4ae70

JandSman

[20]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 32

My thoughts Wrestlemania this year is uncertainty that's for sure.

While I do think that the crowd should be very lively, I don't have as high expectations as everyone else, because a lot assumed that in Florida, Cena would be booed out of the building, but he had his share of supporters and did fine, and I suspect that will happen once again.

I also think that Cena vs Rock could be a really good match and it may top their match from last year, as Cena and Rock are two great wrestlers who improve their games after learning from their mistakes from last year. I also think that The Rock's Stamina will be better this year then last year after competing in two big matches just a few weeks ago. I think it's possible that Cena could turn heel with a Championship shot to the head of Rock to win the Title, it might not happen, but that would be such an interesting twist to things.

Moving on, HHH vs Lesnar or Undertaker vs Punk could both easily be the show stealers, but if I'd to pick one, I'd go with Lesnar vs HHH. This is Undertaker's first match without any fall back stipulations like No Holds Barred, No Count Out, No DQ, or Hell in a Cell, and that match happened back in 09, Undertaker might be good, but he is aging, and I think Lesnar and HHH are on a mission to prove themselves after a very dull match at Summerslam, I expect something similar to the match from WM 27 with HHH and Undertaker. But I would also say that Undertaker and HHH are as close to locks for getting the W as you're going to get.

But during these big matches there's going to need be some cooler off matches, and the 8 man tag match is it, I don't think it really makes too much of a difference as to who wins, but I think that WWE wants the Bellas to do well, so they will get the W with Rhodes Scholars. But a lot of people are curious as to why this match on the main card and not the pre-show. Well to say that seems silly to me, you want the crowd to be excited for the show, and hot for when it goes live, so why put you're biggest filler on first, the IC match is not important enough that it needs to be on the main card (whether that's good or not is a different discussion), but it's important enough that people will care if the title changes hands, and the get the crowd excited for the fireworks go off to start the show. I also do expect The Miz to win the IC, as it seems they've been really high on him since his face turn, and Barrett has been lackluster as IC as of late, and what better way to start off the biggest show of the year with a title change.

What card ordering, I would be most interested in to seeing is the order of the Tag title match and the World Heavyweight Championship, because with wrestling, sometimes it's impossible to call a surprise before the show starts, but once the seeds are planted during the show you know anything can happen (see No Way Out 2009). I think that if the Tag Titles start the show then we could very well see Dolph Ziggler walk out with the World Heavyweight Championship, but if the World Heavyweight Championship match goes on before that then I believe there is no way that Ziggler is going to walk out with the World Heavyweight Championship. And if Ziggler doesn't walk out with the World Title, will it be Swagger or Del Rio. I also think that it would be safe to put money down on Del Rio unless a cash in occurs, Swagger's DUI has probably done him no favors for this weekend, and I think that if RVD could lose two titles for being in a similar situation there is no way Swagger can walk out with the World Title, especially when RVD maybe considering a possible return, I doubt WWE wants to make a potential top star make them look hypocritical.

But back to Ziggler, in his tag match, I think that Ziggler and Big E is such an odd team, and probably should not be the team that breaks up Team Hell No, I think that Team Hell No's time to break up is basically here, but it shouldn't be Ziggler and Big E. But a lot of eyes will be on Big E, making his WWE Debut on the grandest stage of them all is a big deal, and if he brings the intensity then he could make a big name for himself. Just like many others have this opportunity to do at this Mania.

Fandango, Ryback, and The Shield are the other superstars who have an opportunity to make a huge impact at the Grandest Stage of them all in their WM debut, while I think that Fandango is a good wrestler form his days as Johnny Curtis, I think his gimmick is ridiculous, and he shouldn't be debuting at Wrestlemania against a legend in Chris Jericho. A lot of people expect Fandango to win, but maybe it's because I haven't seen him wrestle, but I don't see how he can beat Jericho. I've to imagine that a regular finisher wouldn't put Jericho down for the 3, and I don't think they're going to let Jericho get fooled by Fandango, because Jericho is too experienced to fall to a stupid mistake. But I think that it makes sense for Fandango to win, but I just don't see any way for it to happen. I also think this match might go on pretty short, in fact it might be a Jericho squash match of Fandango, last year WM 28 had 8 matches and one match was a squash. This year's WM has 9 matches, so expect one squash and maybe two other very short matches like maybe the Tag Titles match and the 8 man tag match.

As for the Shield, I'm very excited for this match, possible the most excited out of all the other matches, other then Cena vs Rock II, I've high expectations for The Shield's performance. They've been very consistent in their work, and Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show, seem to be a good team, and with a possible heel turn, this could be a very fun and exciting match up.

While I have high expectations for The Shield, I think that the crowd will be the real determining factor in the Ryback vs Henry match more then any other. I think that Ryback and Henry could have a great match with awesome moments, if you go back to their near match on Smackdown you could feel the energy and the excitement, but if the crowd doesn't give them the chance, then it could be bad.

In short, I expect a WM 29 to be a lot like WM 28 unless the crowd goes crazy for the undercard matches and keeps those matches fresh, then I believe the big matches will be great, but the undercard matches (excluding the 6 man tag) will need a lot of hard work so the crowd doesn't get too bored or start to make rude chants, but the crowd shouldn't worry to much because the main events should be long and amazing matches, while the short filler matches will probably be short and to the point.