WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

Wrestlemania 29 Discussion Thread

Wrestlemania 29 will be....

sonicrenegade91

[21]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    So what was the freaking point of Living Colour playing Punk's theme live if he wasn't going to win?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[22]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 22
    I can think of three good reasons why there's hardly any discussion regarding The Grandest Stage of Them All:

1. The show wasn't that good.
    2. The folks around here had other plans.
    3. They just didn't care to order because they felt this year's event was going to stink.

Randyspeeps

[23]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 34
    I have so much to say about this show and will have nice little post tomorrow. I am disappointed.

Hurricane1123

[24]Apr 7, 2013
    I liked it. I ordered off of WWE.com so the stream cut out on me at the beginning, but the big matches delivered in my opinion. I will agree that Rock/Cena 2 didn't need to happen and the first one was better, but overall I thought it was an enjoyable show.

What does irk me a bit though was that just like the Royal Rumble this year, it was super predictable. HHH won, Cena won and Taker won. No HBK heel turn, no Cena heel turn, no Ziggy cash in, nothing.

Randyspeeps

[25]Apr 7, 2013
    Hurricane1123 wrote:

What does irk me a bit though was that just like the Royal Rumble this year, it was super predictable. HHH won, Cena won and Taker won. No HBK heel turn, no Cena heel turn, no Ziggy cash in, nothing.
    This is why I am disappointed. Wrestlemania is about moments. This Wrestlemania didn't have very many, if any. Perhaps 1 that stood out at the end.

sonicrenegade91

[26]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    I want to sign a petition to never have WM in New Jersey again. The crowd was as dead as Kim Jong-il.

Raccoon1459

[27]Apr 7, 2013
    I bet they're rioting in Times Square because of Cena's victory. And not in a good way either.

Hurricane1123

[28]Apr 7, 2013
    I did laugh when the crowd booed when Cena and Rock hugged.

Raccoon1459

[29]Apr 7, 2013
    Maybe the creative writing team loves to get a kick outta ticking people off like this.

Randyspeeps

[30]Apr 7, 2013
    Raccoon1459 wrote:
    Maybe the creative writing team loves to get a kick outta ticking people off like this.
    When you have a million writers, they are more than likely going to settle for the common ground, and the common ground is usually predictable and safe. We got a safe Wrestlemania tonight, with no surprises, it was a VERY flat night. I am puzzled by a lot of the choices made tonight.

Raccoon1459

[31]Apr 7, 2013
    Safe? This is Wrestlemania we're talking about, not Chuck E. Cheese's.

Deadnight-Majin

[32]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 18

I watched Wrestlemania with some friends at a bar. I was drunk. I still am. It was the best. Punk vs Taker was brilliant, loved Rock vs Cena too.

spideynerd3

[33]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 29
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I watched Wrestlemania with some friends at a bar. I was drunk. I still am. It was the best. Punk vs Taker was brilliant, loved Rock vs Cena too.

...I can't wait to hear what Sober Majin has to say about the PPV, because Rock/Cena wasn't good from what I've heard (people are saying it is worse than last year's).

Hurricane1123

[34]Apr 8, 2013

spideynerd3 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

...I can't wait to hear what Sober Majin has to say about the PPV, because Rock/Cena wasn't good from what I've heard (people are saying it is worse than last year's).
    The first ten minutes were very slow, but it picked up and the crowd finally woke up when both men started trading finishers.

In terms of technicality, this match might have been on par with last year's, if not slightly better, but it just didn't feel as good as last year's match. At Wrestlemania 28 we had never seen Rock vs. Cena, it felt like a true dream match come to life as I didn't think we were ever going to see it. Rock was in Hollywood and had said in several interviews that he was happy staying in Hollywood. For him to come back felt special. Everything they did in that match felt special because it was the first time we had seen it.

This time around, the match, though good, just didn't have the same special feeling. Cena should have gone the Stone Cold Steve Austin route during Wrestlemania 17, needing to do anything to win, and turning heel. Guess we didn't get that. It was good, just predictable.

Edited on 04/08/2013 9:57am

Raccoon1459

[35]Apr 8, 2013

The fact that Fandango wrestled in an official match makes me smile.

Deadnight-Majin

[36]Apr 8, 2013

Hurricane1123 wrote:

spideynerd3 wrote:
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

The first ten minutes were very slow, but it picked up and the crowd finally woke up when both men started trading finishers.

In terms of technicality, this match might have been on par with last year's, if not slightly better, but it just didn't feel as good as last year's match. At Wrestlemania 28 we had never seen Rock vs. Cena, it felt like a true dream match come to life as I didn't think we were ever going to see it. Rock was in Hollywood and had said in several interviews that he was happy staying in Hollywood. For him to come back felt special. Everything they did in that match felt special because it was the first time we had seen it.

This time around, the match, though good, just didn't have the same special feeling. Cena should have gone the Stone Cold Steve Austin route during Wrestlemania 17, needing to do anything to win, and turning heel. Guess we didn't get that. It was good, just predictable.

Sober Majin still thinks the match was awesome. Last year's kind of sucked, felt a year too late and just didn't really seem to matter. This had a really good story, with the workhorse who has carried the company fighting to rise to the top again, dethroning the Hollywood hotshot who strolled back into the company, kicked his ass then won the belt, while dealing with all the hate from the WWE fans who hate him so. As for the actual action, that was better than I expected too. Solid mat stuff then ROH levels of finisher overkill, it was crazy to behold. And it's hard not to enjoy how upset everyone gets about it too.

Also, all the Cena heel turn talk is crazy at this point. He's been the top heel for years.

Randyspeeps

[37]Apr 8, 2013

Wrestlemania was not bad by any stretch, however it was disappointing. The biggest PPV is supposed to be filled with surprises, "ah hah" moments, and superstars having their shining Wrestlemania moment. Last night we got "safe." I read something earlier where they said Wrestlemania was on par with a really good Raw. I would disagree, but I can understand their frustrations.

The landscape of the WWE didn't shift. WWE exited Wrestlemania, the same way they entered it. Only difference is we have a new WWE Champion. With that said, the show as not bad at all. Some very good matches. And I absolutely loved HHH/Lesnar. It was physical and a clash of two titanic entities. The play off of last year's Mania match between Cena and Rock was just smart.

The flow of the card was interesting in a bad way as it didn't have that special Wrestlemania touch to it. They spent the majority of the night hyping Cena/Rock II and then gave them 40 minutes of in ring time. 10-15 minutes of that 40 minutes was pure shit.

To sum it up, it was a good PPV that didn't feel like Wrestlemania(aside from the pyro. I love pyro)

Edited on 04/08/2013 12:20pm

Deadnight-Majin

[38]Apr 8, 2013

Randyspeeps wrote:

Wrestlemania was not bad by any stretch, however it was disappointing. The biggest PPV is supposed to be filled with surprises, "ah hah" moments, and superstars having their shining Wrestlemania moment. Last night we got "safe." I read something earlier where they said Wrestlemania was on par with a really good Raw. I would disagree, but I can understand their frustrations.

The landscape of the WWE didn't shift. WWE exited Wrestlemania, the same way they entered it. Only difference is we have a new WWE Champion. With that said, the show as not bad at all. Some very good matches. And I absolutely loved HHH/Lesnar. It was physical and a clash of two titanic entities. The play off of last year's Mania match between Cena and Rock was just smart.

The flow of the card was interesting in a bad way as it didn't have that special Wrestlemania touch to it. They spent the majority of the night hyping Cena/Rock II and then gave them 40 minutes of in ring time. 10-15 minutes of that 40 minutes was pure shit.

To sum it up, it was a good PPV that didn't feel like Wrestlemania(aside from the pyro. I love pyro)

My only complaint is that Punk didn't win. That was a waste.

Randyspeeps

[39]Apr 8, 2013
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

My only complaint is that Punk didn't win. That was a waste.

That was a given. My biggest complain is no Orton heel turn. Orton continues to sit and rot in the depth of WWE hell, where everyone not named John Cena will be for the next 2 years.

Hurricane1123

[40]Apr 8, 2013
    Agree with you Speeps on the not turning Randy Orton a heel part. He hasn't really done much these past several months, why not turn him instead of giving Show his record-breaking umpteenth heel turn?

They got rid of the Funkadactyls match because they were short on time. You'd think that they could have gotten rid of some of those commercials and one of the three Rock/Cena promos to make room for the match. Oh well, wasn't too much of a loss, but still. A backstage segment could have also done wonders to create some buffer between the big matches to re-energize the crowd.