WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Wrestlemania 29 Discussion Thread

Wrestlemania 29 will be....

Deadnight-Majin

[41]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 18

Oh yeah, giving Big Show the heel turn instead of Orton was way stupid too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spideynerd3

[42]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 29
    Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Oh yeah, giving Big Show the heel turn instead of Orton was way stupid too.

I think that was suppose to come off as Show never being a Face in the first place... Or being upset that he was Sheamus and Orton's last choice. Point being he was never a Face, but always a Heel.

SkinsFan2189

[43]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 16
    I can't stress enough how disappointed I was with this Wrestlemania. I saw it coming, but I thought WWE could save it and make it exciting considering it's the biggest wrestling show of the year. But instead they mailed it in. At least they weren't stupid enough to have The Shield lose.

telvisnostic

[44]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 52

So, I was looking through the photos for the show and what did I see, CM Punk's throw back tights to The Undertaker, purple an black. That was pretty cool.

Raccoon1459

[45]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 22
    I like how they used the Brooklyn Bridge as a part of the stage. Nice touch.

Hurricane1123

[46]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 34

Rewatched Mania on WWE.com (had ordered the stream on Sunday). I understand why some of you were disappointed by the show, but it wasn't a bad show. Aside from maybe Henry/Ryback, every match was good to great. Those who are trashing Mania saying it was the worst Wrestlemania ever, I don't know what you guys were watching on TV?!

1. Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Big Show

-Good opener, the Shield was kept strong. Agree with Speeps that Orton should have turned heel though. During the match, Cole said we had never seen Ambrose without his jacket. That is not true, as I'm sure I've seen him without his jacket in a previous match (I think maybe TLC 2012).

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry

-Blah! Disappointing big man match. If Ryback is going to look strong in the end, why not have him win then? Especially because he could use that win going into a Cena feud. Boring match.

3. Hell No vs. Ziggy Langston

-Good fast paced match if not predictable result. Better than the first 2 matches on the card. Loved the fact that they played off of Daniel Bryan's 18 second defeat. Great crowd reactions for the men involved. Ziggler should have won though to have him look strong heading into his cash-in.

4. Fan-daaaan-gooooooo vs. Jericho

-Fandango did impress me in his debut match against Jericho. Good match, loved Fandango's entrance. The right guy won in the end, looking forward to see where Fandango goes from here.

5. Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

-Both men are great wrestlers but they only have alright chemistry together. It was an okay match, I just never bought Swager as legit threat. By the by, the booking of these men is neither man's fault, it's the creative team's fault. Why is it that Alberto Del Rio was such a hot champion when he first won the title and had the crowd excited for him when he had those title matches with Big Show, and then all of a sudden they didn't care for Del Rio? It'sbecauseof bad booking. Del Rio is actually a great face if you've ever seen his Mexico stuff.

6. CM Punk vs. Undertaker

-Match of the Night! Living Colour playing live for CM Punk was exciting. Props to Paul Heyman as well for making both Punk and Brock look like champs during their matches. Much better match than the Breaking Point match both men had September of 2009. Livid crowd, great atmosphere, great match!

7. Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

-Upon second viewing the poor crowd reactions do become apparent. I still liked the match but it looked like they were trying to go for epic when it just wasn't. I didn't watch their Summerslam match but I keep hearing mixed opinions on whether or not this match was better than that one. The last 5 minutes were great though.

8. The Rock vs. John Cena

-I didn't get to rewatch this one, but from a technical standpoint I think their Mania 28 match was better. Not sure though. This one, though good, was more disjointed than their Wrestlemania 28 encounter. The first 10 minutes was just a boring slugfest until they started trading finishers and nonstop counters which was arguably pretty awesome. No surprises though. Cena wins and no heel turn.

I liked Mania. The people who are saying this was hot garbage, I think you are being way too harsh. Aside from Ryback/Henry, there was not a bad match on the card. Having no backstage segments was a headscratcher though as they could have used them as buffer between the big matches. Funkadactyls vs. Sandow/Cody being left off the card isn't too disappointing, wasn't really interested in the first place. Sucks for them though as they ay have been looking for a Wrestlemania moment and they never got it. Undertaker/CM Punk deserve a nod for having the best angle leading up to the show (Paul Bearer please rest in peace) and told the best story throughout the match. Living Colour, I love you. Good Mania, slightly above average.

Raccoon1459

[47]Apr 13, 2013
    • level: 22
    According to TMZ, Triple H suffered some 2nd degree burns from his pyro.

The culprit: Dry ice.