WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

WWE going back to TV-14?

Should WWE Change the rating back to TV-14 again?

Nickylucas

[1]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 23

Source: Wrestlingdotcom.com

The WWE Creative team is slowly making the shows go back into higher rated material, such as the Swimsuit Diva Match and Santino Marella playing with the 2 dolls on Raw.

Do you think the WWE should continue to make a higher rated storyline, or should it stay the way it is now?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GameWiz1000

[2]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 25
    The WWE is going to be just as good/bad whether we have divas in dance-offs or not. In fact, probably worse.

yooperchild

[3]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    The WWE is going to be just as good/bad whether we have divas in dance-offs or not. In fact, probably worse.

Agreed.

I do miss Diva stuff though...it was always a good time to go make a plate of nachos, or grab a soda or go to the bathroom.....

telvisnostic

[4]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 52
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    I agree. Less is more really.

GoofyGoober88

[5]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    So does this mean Cena's move names will change again so he looks bada$$ to the adults?

yooperchild

[6]Jul 21, 2009
    Upon further reflection.....if this will finally get people to realize that the current product sucks and is boring...because it truly does suck & is boring, rather than the fact that WWE is PG...I fully approve this switch and think Vince needs to do it tomorrow.

qfrodri85

[7]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 27
    yooperchild wrote:
    Upon further reflection.....if this will finally get people to realize that the current product sucks and is boring...because it truly does suck & is boring, rather than the fact that WWE is PG...I fully approve this switch and think Vince needs to do it tomorrow.
    It sucked before turning to PG. It's not like WWE will magically become greatness on PG-13.

All they need to do is re-change the Main Event scene.

Nickylucas

[8]Jul 21, 2009
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    It sucked before turning to PG. It's not like WWE will magically become greatness on PG-13.

agreed. And Vince will also loose a great amount of his young audience because of parents thinking it will be innapropiate stuff. Also, WWE has been changing the main event scene a little bit. They built up CM Punk by having him cash in on Jeff Hardy already.

Crulex1369

[9]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 26

Nickylucas wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    yooperchild wrote:
    It sucked before turning to PG. It's not like WWE will magically become greatness on PG-13. All they need to do is re-change the Main Event scene.
    agreed. And Vince will also loose a great amount of his young audience because of parents thinking it will be innapropiate stuff. Also, WWE has been changing the main event scene a little bit. They built up CM Punk by having him cash in on Jeff Hardy already.

On Smackdown, yes, but I think they were talking about Raw. I couldn't care less about the PG/PG14 thing, but if it keeps Cena from making any "Poopy" jokes and let's the WWE call his finisher the FU again, fine. By the way, why did they make Cena change the "Word Life" sign to the Dunkin Donuts/ A-oK sign?

Hurricane1123

[10]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 34
    Randy Orton is what's holding up Raw right now, if it weren't for him then Cena making forced jokes would be kind of stale. Anyway this isn't new, Raw has always been kind of on/off like this since I can remember. There are times when I enjoy the show aka Ted Dibise Sr. and there are times when I question why I watch Raw aka K-Fed.

Either way you look at it though, Tv-14, TV-PG, it's all the same, SD is the A Show.

telvisnostic

[11]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 52
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    That's it right there.

yooperchild

[12]Jul 21, 2009
    Hurricane1123 wrote:
    Randy Orton is what's holding up Raw right now, if it weren't for him then Cena making forced jokes would be kind of stale. Anyway this isn't new, Raw has always been kind of on/off like this since I can remember. There are times when I enjoy the show aka Ted Dibise Sr. and there are times when I question why I watch Raw aka K-Fed.

Either way you look at it though, Tv-14, TV-PG, it's all the same, SD is the A Show.

Oh yes.....Orton....lord knows he's the only reason I turn on my TV on Monday nights

JandSman

[13]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 32
    Hurricane1123 wrote:

some of his jokes are good but i can tell that hobbit joke was all creative team

Nickylucas

[14]Jul 21, 2009
    What made it funny was Triple H

ballin1347

[15]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    I truly believe that Raw was a lot better when TV-14 and I think that's exactly what Vince needs to do. It would make Raw the undoubtable flagship show again. Don't get me wrong, Cena and HHHstill have their moments working with the whole PG thing, but I still think wrestling is meant to be TV-14.

enervator

[16]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 38
    Garbage is garbage. Do people really go to a lousy PG-13 or PG movie and think, "This could have been so much better if only it had been rated R"? I doubt it. Would changing the rating make Cena's promos any less forced. Would it extend the main event scene beyond the same four guys? Would it make Cole and Lawler suddenly sound like competent commentators?

Besides, the rating really means nothing, as Vince only seems to adhere to it when he's in the mood. I find it hard to believe he's producing the current product with the idea that Mom and Dad are sitting on the couch with their 2.5 kids every Monday night enjoying their good, wholesome entertainment.

Crulex1369

[17]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 26

enervator wrote:
    Garbage is garbage. Do people really go to a lousy PG-13 or PG movie and think, "This could have been so much better if only it had been rated R"? I doubt it. Would changing the rating make Cena's promos any less forced. Would it extend the main event scene beyond the same four guys? Would it make Cole and Lawler suddenly sound like competent commentators? Besides, the rating really means nothing, as Vince only seems to adhere to it when he's in the mood. I find it hard to believe he's producing the current product with the idea that Mom and Dad are sitting on the couch with their 2.5 kids every Monday night enjoying their good, wholesome entertainment.

I agree. Where do you get the 2.5 from? A son, a daughter and a baby?

EnigmaXII

[18]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 8

I honestly think that this TV-14 thing only affects RAW. Notice how when WWE went PG, RAW slowly started getting sucky each week. 1st Seth in the main event, and then (the week after that) ZZ Top being part of the corniest segments of 21st century wrestling by doing corny sing alongs with Santino.

SD is #1 ever since early 2009 (mainly because of people like Punk, Rey, Jericho, Jeff, and Edge.

ECW has been getting better.......unitl the Superstar inituitive came back in affect. Yoshi is great and Reks is average, but please take the Abraham Show off my TV!!!!!!

EnigmaXII

[19]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    EnigmaXII wrote:

I honestly think that this TV-14 thing only affects RAW. Notice how when WWE went PG, RAW slowly started getting sucky each week. 1st Seth in the main event, and then (the week after that) ZZ Top being part of the corniest segments of 21st century wrestling by doing corny sing alongs with Santino.

SD is #1 ever since early 2009 (mainly because of people like Punk, Rey, Jericho, Jeff, and Edge.

ECW has been getting better.......unitl the Superstar inituitive came back in affect. Yoshi is great and Reks is average, but please take the Abraham Show off my TV!!!!!!

Oh yeah....I forgot John Morrison and Hart Dynasty too (refering to the SD thing).

ssj_jordan

[20]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 20
    EnigmaXII wrote:

WWE didn't go PG last week.. It's been that way for a while now.