TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

WWE Monday Night RAW Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on USAIn Season

WWE Monday Night Raw discussion: The Post-Wrestlemania Show

telvisnostic

[201]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 52

That was a great ending.

IZOD day after Wrestemania fans of 2013, you all are so boss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[202]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 22
    More Raws similar to this one, please!

SkinsFan2189

[203]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 16
    Did we just see a Ryback heel turn?

Randyspeeps

[204]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 34
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    I don't think so.

SkinsFan2189

[205]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 16
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    I don't think so.
    The only reason I thought it might have been was the announcers' reactions.

Randyspeeps

[206]Apr 8, 2013
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    SkinsFan2189 wrote:
    I don't think so.
    The only reason I thought it might have been was the announcers' reactions.
    You're right. They did treat it like one. Maybe. I have to see how they treat it next week.

Wisp955

[207]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 11
    If he did turn that would be unfortunate. He was good as a face.

JakeFrato

[208]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 7

This was the greatest night of my life XD

Raccoon1459

[209]Apr 9, 2013

Tune in next week when we'll see the fans singing The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" and Zombie Nation's "Kernkraft 400"!

Crulex1369

[210]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 26
    My god that crowd was the best crowd ever. Humming Fandango's theme? Freaking doing a wave!? Chanting things that had nothing to do with anything!? Please god keep up the Raw's and crowds like that, please!

Also, totally flipped for Ziggler, the BOD and Bryan staring down Shield and Ryback planting Cena.

goldenagenick24

[211]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 17

The question is the Shield and Taker-Kane-Bryan thing ended on a cliff hanger. Is Taker staying past Wrestlemania? It seems like it.

Hurricane1123

[212]Apr 9, 2013

I logged on to TV.com and saw you guys had 200+ posts on this site. Holy moly, where were you all during Wrestlemania?! That crowd last night was beyond amazing. Jake, the fans are supposed to be getting the wrestlers over, not yourselves. "We Are Awesome!" LQTM LOL!

The Ziggler cash in was amazing and I'm glad it finally happened, though it should have probably happened last night at Mania to create an even bigger moment. Oh well, just glad the fans got what they wanted. Yeah Goldenage, looks like Taker might wrestle more than just his usual Mania match. Freaking excited! It's been a while since Taker has wrestled in a match besides just Mania.

As far as Sheamus and Randy Orton go and the reactions they got from the crowd, this is not either of these men's faults. Both men looked flustered by the reactions and needed to fill 15 minutes of time. If anyone is to blame, it's the creative team and their stupid decision to give the middle finger to the fans after the twitter vote and have them fight anyway. It should have been Orton vs. Big Show culminating in an Orton heel turn, but alas we didn't get that. The New York/New Jersey/international fans gave a middle finger back to the WWE by doing the Mexican wave and yelling ole (reactions typically seen in soccer matches, not for Ole Anderson).

John Cena, I've learned to respect the guy over the years. People trash on him so much, but he deserves credit for going out there in front of that crowd and taking it in stride. Dancing with the fans singing Fandango, joking with them throughout the night, he knows how to handle a crowd like that. Where as Triple H stayed in the back and is showing up on Smackdown instead where a lot of the international and hardcore crowd might be gone by then. Props to Cena! Apparently the crowd loved him at the end of the night after Raw went off the air too. This is what he had to say...

____

"Heard a lot of chants tonight. Even had a chant for Michael Cole. And, a chant for Justin Roberts. Hell, they even chanted for JBL! (pause for "JBL" chant.) You guys almost know everybody, because there wasn't a chant for Disco Stu - he's the cameraman. (pause for "Disco Stu" chant and cheers.) A lot of chants tonight, but the favorite one I heard was when you told yourselves 'We are awesome.' (pause for "We are awesome" chant.)

"Indeed you are because you make WrestleMania Moments and you make Superstars. Tonight was a hell of a moment for our new World Hvt. champion Dolph Ziggler. (pause for loud cheers and applause.) And, a special moment for him was made even more special for you because you were excited, you were entertained, and you were active for him in this ring, and for that, we all thank you.

"The guy (The Rock) who debuted this (new WWE Title belt) couldn't be here tonight (pause for boos), but when he did, he said he wanted to debut The People's Era, and he was right. Because I looked around and I listened tonight. You guys create the stars in this business; you create the energy; you create the atmosphere.

"I know a lot of vacation days were spent on this weekend; I know a lot of dollars; I know a lot of experiences were had. There is no better way to prove that this belongs to the people. Tonight, I'm giving it to you. (pause for cheers.) We usually end the night by playing somebody's music, because they think we gotta leave with somebody's music. But, not tonight. Because tonight, you are going to play the music. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you had a great WrestleMania. Take 'em home!" (cue up the crowd humming Fandango's theme music as Cena left to the stage.)

______

Great Raw! Disappointed that we might not be seeing crowds like this until the UK tour in 2 weeks though as the hardcore international fans will be replaced by the usuaul unappreciative dead crowds of some cities. (Barring Chicago and other cities of course though)

telvisnostic

[213]Apr 9, 2013

JakeFrato wrote:
    ..... This was the greatest night of my life XD
    I'm glad you had a great time!

Raccoon1459

[214]Apr 11, 2013
    Why the folks were chanting Rob Van Dam's initials is a mystery.

telvisnostic

[215]Apr 11, 2013

He was there for the HOF and I guess the fans wanted to give him some love I guess.

-----------

Ziggler gets props from fellow wrestlers:

The Spotlight wrote:
    JTG (@Jtg1284) tweeted at 9:21 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations to my big bro @HEELZiggler #longoverdue

carlito (@Bodyguylito) tweeted at 9:26 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: After carrying around the MITB briefcase for 8 years, he finally cashed it in to become WHC! Congrats Dolph Ziggler!

Chavo Guerrero jr. (@mexwarrior) tweeted at 10:58 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congrats to the new world Champion...my ex-caddie/partner/friend @HEELZiggler U've come a long way my friend.

Kofi Kingston (@TrueKofi) tweeted at 9:19 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: So well deserved. Congrats @heelZiggler.

Zack Ryder (@ZackRyder) tweeted at 9:56 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congrats to my friend @HEELZiggler on becoming the new @WWE World Heavyweight Champion

Natalya (@NatbyNature) tweeted at 10:19 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations @HEELZiggler ... Whether people love you or hate you, you have worked hard for this. #raw

Big E Langston (@BigELangston) tweeted at 2:26 AM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: Congratulations to the new World Heavyweight Champion @HEELZiggler. Best tag team partner/double dutcher/lasagna chef I've ever known.

Tyson Kidd (@KiddWWE) tweeted at 9:23 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: @KiddWWE: Sorry Canadian followers with your 15 minute delay. @HEELZiggler new World Heavyweight Champion!!! #RAW

Mike Mondo (@MikeMondo83) tweeted at 9:22 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations to my buddy @HEELZiggler for becoming the new @WWE World Heavyweight Champ! Much and well deserved.

Mike Mondo (@MikeMondo83) tweeted at 4:40 PM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: #somethingironic - @HEELZiggler won the WWE World Title the day after WM just like we won the world tag team titles the day after WM 22 #Dam

Kenn Doane (@kenndoane) tweeted at 10:33 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Very happy for @HEELZiggler, @wwe it is about dam time. People had #cenanuff

Kenn Doane (@kenndoane) tweeted at 2:38 PM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: @stellar_jl319 i dont get the whole title thing in wrestling just because it is fixed. but I think he is the best wrestler in the fed.

Raccoon1459

[216]Apr 11, 2013

telvisnostic wrote:

He was there for the HOF and I guess the fans wanted to give him some love I guess.

-----------

Ziggler gets props from fellow wrestlers:

The Spotlight wrote:
    JTG (@Jtg1284) tweeted at 9:21 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations to my big bro @HEELZiggler #longoverdue

carlito (@Bodyguylito) tweeted at 9:26 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: After carrying around the MITB briefcase for 8 years, he finally cashed it in to become WHC! Congrats Dolph Ziggler!

Chavo Guerrero jr. (@mexwarrior) tweeted at 10:58 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congrats to the new world Champion...my ex-caddie/partner/friend @HEELZiggler U've come a long way my friend.

Kofi Kingston (@TrueKofi) tweeted at 9:19 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: So well deserved. Congrats @heelZiggler.

Zack Ryder (@ZackRyder) tweeted at 9:56 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congrats to my friend @HEELZiggler on becoming the new @WWE World Heavyweight Champion

Natalya (@NatbyNature) tweeted at 10:19 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations @HEELZiggler ... Whether people love you or hate you, you have worked hard for this. #raw

Big E Langston (@BigELangston) tweeted at 2:26 AM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: Congratulations to the new World Heavyweight Champion @HEELZiggler. Best tag team partner/double dutcher/lasagna chef I've ever known.

Tyson Kidd (@KiddWWE) tweeted at 9:23 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: @KiddWWE: Sorry Canadian followers with your 15 minute delay. @HEELZiggler new World Heavyweight Champion!!! #RAW

Mike Mondo (@MikeMondo83) tweeted at 9:22 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Congratulations to my buddy @HEELZiggler for becoming the new @WWE World Heavyweight Champ! Much and well deserved.

Mike Mondo (@MikeMondo83) tweeted at 4:40 PM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: #somethingironic - @HEELZiggler won the WWE World Title the day after WM just like we won the world tag team titles the day after WM 22 #Dam

Kenn Doane (@kenndoane) tweeted at 10:33 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013: Very happy for @HEELZiggler, @wwe it is about dam time. People had #cenanuff

Kenn Doane (@kenndoane) tweeted at 2:38 PM on Tue, Apr 09, 2013: @stellar_jl319 i dont get the whole title thing in wrestling just because it is fixed. but I think he is the best wrestler in the fed.

Nice to see Carlito and Chavo congratulating Ziggler.

goldenagenick24

[217]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 17

Seems like Ziggler is well liked backstage. Maybe a face change is in order? If not I'd like to see Daniel Bryan feud with Dolph first. Good God I'm drooling at the very thought of it. Here's my list for people I want to face Dolph in his reign.

1)Daniel Bryan

2)Kofi Kingston

3)Chris Jericho

4)Triple H

5)A member of the Shield

I known some of these are really out there, but I think we're in store for some damn good matches with Ziggler as champ.