WWE Monday Night RAW

Laying the Shaq Down

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jul 27, 2009 on USA

7.3
  • Shaq hosts RAW.

Not a bad RAW. With Shaq as the host, it was sure to be memorable. It was for the most part although there were a few WTF moments like Chris Masters coming back.

Match #1: Beat the Clock: Mark Henry vs Carlito

Pretty much what you expect Henry gets the win.

Match #2: Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly & Mickie James vs Rosa Mendes, Beth Phoenix & Alicia Fox

Kelly Kelly, James and Kim get the win.

Match #3: Beat the Clock: MVP vs Chris Masters

WTF Moment One. Chris Masters are you serious? Why the hell should this idiot be brought he flat out sucks. He is a crappy worker, his mic skills are terrible, his matches are boring. This former steroid user already has two strikes against him. The only reason he was brought is because of his look which by now is nothing special. Wow. I'll think I'll tune out now like I did before when Masters is in the ring. Poor choice by the WWE. They could have brought back a number of guys, and they elect to go with a guy with no upside.

Match #4: Kofi Kingston vs THE Brian Kendrick

WTF Moment Two. Brian Kendrick get ready to be released by the WWE. What better way for them for them to do that by making you into a joke. Kendrick has potential unlike Chris Masters. It's kind of sad that they are giving him this kind of crap. Match #5: Beat the Clock: Triple H vs Cody Rhodes

HHH loses, but I have a feeling the politician will worm his way back to the title and thus turning of RAW viewers. Match #6: Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero

Another silly match for Guerrero. Our WTF Moment Three. At least Chavo and Hornswoggle do provide a couple of laughs but again Chavo being wasted here.

Match #7: Beat the Clock: Evan Bourne vs Jack Swagger

Swagger seems to dominate, but Evan Bourne gets the surprise win.

Match #8: Beat the Clock: John Cena vs The Miz

The Miz stalls for time hoping for Cena to lose. Of course we knew what the outcome would be.

Match #9: Guest Enforcer Shaquille O'Neal: Cryme Tyme vs Chris Jericho & The Big Show

After a hilarious confrontation with Jericho and Show earlier, Shaq decides to make himself part of the main event.

Cryme Tyme is getting a push toward the tag titles, so they obviously were going to look decent. Jericho and Show do make a decent team. The head to head face off with Shaq and Show was funny as hell.

All in all a decent RAW. Far from great but watchable.
USA