WWE Monday Night RAW

Missouri Loves Company

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Aug 17, 2009 on USA

• Freddie Prinze Jr. hosts RAW from St. Louis

I expected this to be a terrible RAW especially with Freddie Prinze Jr. hosting. It's well known that Prinze was part of the creative team that was putting RAW in the toilet, so I had low expectations here.

It turns out I was pleasantly surprised and best yet Freddie Prinze got the hell beat out him!!!

He was practically absent the whole night following a devastating neckbreaker by Randy Orton. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Match #1: for the U.S. Championship: Kofi Kingston vs Carlito

Tough match. Lots of guts by both men. Kofi took a lot of hits including a big time knee to the face. It was so hard you could literally hear the pop when Carlito connected. Kofi retains.

Match #2: Evan Bourne vs The Miz

Another decent match. We are on a roll here. Bourne puts up a decent match, but the Miz gets win here.

Match #3: for the Diva’s Championship: Mickie James vs Gail Kim

Another decent match. Mickie retains.

Match #4: MVP vs Jack Swagger

The only match of the night that wasn't a really long match. Match ends in a DQ and nothing is settled here.

Match #5: Falls Count Anywhere: Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero

First dud but no big deal. I wasn't expecting anything anyways. Look for the washed up cameo appearence of Macaulay Culkin. Fifteen years ago this might have been a big deal. It's nothing now.

Match #6: Lumberjack: John Cena & Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho & The Big Show

A watchable match. Orton pretty much got the hell beat out of him by Show and Jericho. Then he tags in Cena. Cena does his whole squashing gig which is a joke to watch. Total comedy here.

DX made there return to RAW. Not bad. They played the DX moments we've seen a hundred times, but they are always enjoyable.

Unlike other DX celebrations, this one is short lived as Legacy comes out for the Pearl Harbor. It was pretty funny actually. I know it won't be like this at Summerslam of course. DX has pretty much squashed any tag team they've went up against (Spirit Squad anyone).

Anyhow, this was a surprisingly good if not great show. Like I said, Freddie Prinze got the hell beat out of him. I didn't expect Orton to take him out.

The matches were good, a couple were great.

A fine RAW. BTW didn't Freddie look old? LMAO Damn he looked fourty years old , but he's only thirty two.
  • Freddie hosts.

Former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr. hosted WWE Raw last night, and while being mildly funny, these celebrity hosts are starting to get a little old. There were a few decent matches tonight, but even WWE Superstars has been putting on better wrestling than Raw as of late.

WWE Raw is still a staple of my viewing schedule, but when TV comes back in the fall and House, The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are in new, original episodes, and Monday Night Football begins, I am not sure how often I will be able to watch wrestling.