WWE Monday Night RAW

Mon, July 9, 2012

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 09, 2012 on USA

5.2
  • Monday Show

They have to stop this AJ storyline. It is hurting CM Punk, it is hurting Bryan Danielson, and inevitably down the line it will affect AJ when she leaves WWE and this is what people remember her by. Spending 20 minutes talking about marriage proposals?

Not even any good wrestling on the show either, although they surprised me by acknowledging Jeri-Show. Usually they think we can't even remember last week, let alone the last five years.
  • Matches, promos, and Thoughts

The show starts off with a video package of AJ Lee putting CM Punk and Daniel Bryan through a table from the previous week. It also shows AJ making out with both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on that following WWE Smackdown show.

The opening promo starts as AJ comes out to the ring and starts talking about her special referee position at Money in the Bank. She calls CM Punk to the ring and eventually proposes marriage to Punk. Daniel Bryan comes out yelling "No! No! No!" Bryan also says CM Punk only cares about the WWE title match and then Bryan proposes to AJ. CM Punk stops Bryan and tells AJ that they can talk in the back. Then suddenly we all here the classic 'your ipod is done syncing' sound and Michael Cole stands up to announce that there will be a Mixed Tag match for the main event that will include CM Punk and AJ vs. Daniel Bryan and Eve. Bryan gets mad and says him and AJ should be teaming up. The match stands and AJ says they all need to think. She also says that at the end of the night she will be walking out with her future husband.

Shaemus vs. Jack Swagger

Shaemus dominates the match and wins with a Brogue Kick. Del Rio appears on the titantron and talks trash. Shaemus delivers another Brogue Kick to Swagger.

We cut backstage to see Zack Ryder and Santino talking. Ryder talks about being GM this friday on Smackdown and Santino says he is going to find the anonymous GM.

Dolph Ziggler and Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd and Christian

Surprisingly we get no entrances for anybody, they're all just in the ring. Near the end of the match it seems like Christian has Tensai ready for a spear but Ziggler grabs Christian's leg and Tensai takes advantage. He hits Christian with a big ground senton splash. Kidd is knocked out on the floor and Ziggler and Tensai pick up the victory. (This is noteworthy: We're shown Vickie Guerrero staring at Tensai in amazement. Let's see if WWE follows up on this; a lot of times they don't)

We go to King and Cole and they are arguing about who should be the GM of Raw and Smackdown. It seems like WWE is going back to having to GMs. Cole accidentally swats a plastic cup of water onto King. King gets mad and Cole gets scared. The anonymous GM announces that King will take on Michael Cole in a Wrestlemania rematch.

Brodus Clay vs. Drew McIntyre

Drew jobs this match for Brodus. Clay wins and dances in the ring with fans.

We cut to Big Show and Chris Jericho in the locker room. Jericho reminds Big Show that they were one of the best tag teams. Big Show just tells Jericho to stay out of his way.

John Cena comes out and cuts a promo about how he is going to win the Money in the Bank match. (My prediction is that he will; usually when wrestlers have a lot of promos about certain things like the royal rumble or a world title they will win it.) Kane comes out, Jericho comes out, and then Big Show comes out and we have our match.

Cena and Kane vs. Big Show and Chris Jericho

This match goes back and forth and we eventually get to Cena and Jericho in the ring while Kane and Big Show are outside of the ring. Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho but Cena counters and hits the Attitude Adjustment. Cena pins but Big Show pulls Cena out and destroys him. The ref calls the match. Big Show takes out two ladders and destroys Kane and Jericho. Cena comes back in, picks up a ladder and hits Big Show with it knocking him out to the floor.

After the break we see CM Punk being confronted by Eve. Eve says that he is going to be overshadowed by AJ and that it's imasculating.

Next we see Santino continuing his search. He finds a cell phone and thinks it belongs to the anonymous GM. Khali grabs it from Santino and Santino asks if Khali is the GM. At first Khali says yes. Santino asks again in disbelief and Khali says no. Santino asks a third time and Khali responds, "who that?"

Money in The Bank Qualifying match for the World Title (the final spot)

Sin Cara vs. Heath Slater

Solid match. Sin Cara wins and qualifies for the MITB match.

Slater says he can beat any former champion regardless of who it is. Bob Backlund comes out and locks in the Crossface Chickenwing on Slater.

Micheal Cole stands up to show the WWE poll results on whether King should face Cole or not. There is 75% yes.

Booker T and Josh Mathews come out to call the match.

Jerry the King Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Lawler gets an easy victory over Cole but the anonymous GM says that because Booker T blatantly interfered (He didn't move from his seat) the decision is reversed and Cole is the winner. Santino comes out to interrupt Cole's celebration. Santino says the only possible way the anonymous GM could be in the arena is if he was under the ring. The GM messages the computer saying he is not under the ring and he orders Santino to leave. Santino goes outside the ring and gets his feet swept under the ring. King helps out Santino and pulls out Hornswaggle with him. Hornswaggle admits that he is the GM then he kicks King, he bites Santino and then kicks Cole.

Eve and Bryan vs. CM Punk and AJ Lee

AJ tags herself in and dominates Eve. Eve tries to tag Daniel Bryan but Daniel denies the tag. AJ pins Eve. Bryan tells AJ he cares bout her and tells her to marry him. Punk says he is not going to marry AJ. AJ slaps both Punk and Bryan. End.
  • come ooon