WWE Monday Night RAW

Raw Emotion

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 23, 2009 on USA

• Unintentionally funny ending.

7.4
    I find it odd that days after it was reported that Freddie Prinze Jr. was released from WWE's writing team that we get one of the funniest segments in Raw history. For about 6-7 minutes Triple H chased Randy Orton and Legacy around the arena. I do not know if they were going for humor, but this will no doubt go down in infamy. It was like a bad horror movie, and luckily Triple H is creepy looking enough to portray a believable villain (unfortunately he is supposed to be the good guy here).

The CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz triple threat was decent, but I know these men are capable of so much more. They were going for a ROH-lite style match, but they botched the execution of a plethora of key spots necessary to do so.

The rest of the matches were just sort of there, with JBL vs. Shawn Michaels being a monumental disappointment. Santino Marella continues to be funny though, even if he is a rip-off of Fez from That 70's Show.

The Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Steamboat segment was outstanding and Steamboat probably showed more charisma during that promo than at any other time during his career. Just a great segment that was given ample time to tell a good story.

This was a night of ups and downs, but unfortunately, as is usually the case, the bad outweighed the good here.
MUN2