WWE Pay-Per-View

Invasion 2001

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jul 22, 2001 on

7.1
  • Invasion

A lot of people have their idea of where the WWE Invasion went wrong. Some say they never had the big stars like Goldberg, Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash. Others cite WWE having ECW and WCW work together was a bad idea. I think it was this awful PPV.

The first ever RVD vs. Jeff Hardy match was a disappointment, the women's match was terrible, although seeing Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler in bra and panties is nothing to complain about. And the main event was just not up to PPV quality.

This was probably the only event of the year where I was disappointed I paid for it.
  • What made this PPV great was the whole idea that it was WWF vs WCW.

The matches were alright. But it was the spectacle that made Invasion great the whole idea of seeing WWF, WCW, and ECW superstars together in one ring. A number of superstars had never been seen in action at a WWF pay per view. Guys like Rob Van Dam, Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Booker T, and Diamond Dallas Page.

The best match of the night was Jeff Hardy vs Rob Van Dam. Both men but on a great showing for the Hardcore Championship. It would be Van Dam who would come out as the winner.

The main event was the second best match of the night. Although, I thought the match could have been longer. If they just got rid of the referees match and the six man tag team match, they would have had time for a longer main event, which could have been done seeing as there were 10 superstars in the match.