WWE Pay-Per-View

Judgment Day 2007

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 20, 2007 on

5.3
  • A pathetic excuse for a WWE PPV.

1.5
    First off, let's recap the matches:
    Hardy Boyz(c) vs Cade/Murdoch for the world tag team titles
    A decent match. The Hardyz were good as usual. Cade and Murdoch did impress me, here. All this time, I thought they were an absolute waste of money, but I can see that they have improved. They put on a good match with the Hardyz and was a good start to a bad PPV.6.7/10

Carlito vs. Ric Flair
    Flair need to retire. NOW. I remember them having a match before at '06 and it was horrible. Flair did his usual routine of: WOOO! *chops* WOOO! *chops* WOOO! *chops* WOOO! *gets beaten for 20 minutes* WOO! *figure-4* WIN! Carlito is a great young athlete, and by making him lose to Flair just proves how dumb those stupid writers are.2/10

Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
    The ONLY match I was looking forward to turned out to be a complete disaster.I expected this match to be a good bout between HBK and RKO. And guess what? Vince just said in the shower: Screw the fans who love wrestling! Money! Money! Money! I guess I couldn't blame him. I sure won't give up millions of money just for the entertainment of others. But there comes a time where enough's enough. There's a time where wrestling is good, and there's a time where it's bad. WWE has been suckish for almost 4 years now, isn't it about time to turn things around a bit?
    Back to the match. It started off with RKO giving Michaels a concussion an bla bla bla and all that stupid trash. Anyway, the beginning, middle and ending of a supposedly good match turned out to be one worst 'matches' of the decade. In the end, RKO gave and RKO to HBK and HBK's wife came in to the ring(I just want to add, she has a very high-pitched voice....... Just a stupid fact you ought to know), and started crying and stuff(it actually provided a good 5-minute comedy break for me. I don't know why. Something they did just seemed funny to me. I don' know whether it's because I'm still not used to seeing wrestlers act like they're injured or because they actually sold it like HBK may not be coming back due to a concussion, since it was really because of a knee injury.1/10(For the comedy bit, even though, there wasn't really a 'match')

Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk
    I didn't watch the most part of this match because I needed to study for a while, but I caught the ending. Not really much to say here. It was most probably a good match.?/10

2-out-of-3 Falls Match - United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP
    The match of the night. Good match by both. A little too many rest holds which made the match very slow-paced, but all in all, it was good and worth to watch.(Unlike the rest of the show)8/10

ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley (3-on-1 Handicap Rematch)
    What did you guys expect? That this will turn out to be a little below decent? Oh come on, now, guys. This whole feud became stale after 2 months, and yet they're still pushing Bobby "Puberty? What puberty?" Lashley down our throats. Shane was he only one who can wrestle here. And let's face it, folks. HBK couldn't carry those 3. HHH couldn't carry those 3. Jericho couldn't carry those 3. Do you honestly think Shane can?2/10

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista
    I didn't watch this match since all I really cared about was who was the winner. And since Edge won, and I didn't have to sit through one of Batista's matches, I'd give this a 7.5/10

WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali
    John "I think I'm a man but I still can't stand up for myself when Vince is telling me what to do because I kiss his a-- all the time" Cena vs. The Immobile Khali. Any human being who is not obsessed with WWE or doesn't believe everything in wrestling is real will NOT watch this match. 2 so-called "wrestlers" will fight6 it out in a match of our nightmares. Recipe for disaster. And as I've said before, I did not watch this match. so I'll give it a negative 2 over ten. -2/10. What this means folks, is that one of HBK's and RKO's unfinished 10-minute matches at the middle of the card is still more entertaining than two suckish wrestlers punching and kicking for 20-minutes at the main event for the championship.............. Sad, isn't it?

Summary: This PPV sucks. Save your money, save your sanity. Don't watch this. The matches suck. The WWE champion sucks. Most of the winners suck. And most of all, the crowd sucks. It was like they were drunk the entire show.
  • Worst Jugdement day ever. I feel sorry for anyone who saw this ppv.

I thought this ppv couldn't get any . HBK was injured so Orton won. Vince, Shane and Umaga lost but lashly didn't won the title because he didn't pin Vince. CM punk defeated Elijah Burke. Batista lost against Edge, so Edge retained the world heavywieght championship. The hardys defeated cade and murdoch, what a surprise. Then came John Cena vs The Great Khali, Cena overcame the odds..agian. He made The Great Khali tap out for the first time ever. I'm glad he retained the title, but in this match no. They need to come up with better title matches soon.
  • For the first time ever, all three of WWE's brands, RAW, ECW, and Smackdown!, collectively presented WWE's annual May Pay-Per-View event, Judgment Day, broadcast live from St. Louis, Missouri.

Byline: Tommy S.

"I Don't Wanna Stop" by Ozzy Osbourne served as the official theme song for this year's event. Even with the absence of current major WWE superstars like Triple H, Rey Mysterio, King Booker, Mark Henry, Kane, Mr. Kennedy, RVD, the Undertaker, and more, Judgment Day 2007 more than proved its worth with its exceptional card and overall match quality. And the prescence of WWE Sign Guy, Rick Achberger, along with his crazy antics only made the night that much more entertaining.

Personally, this marked my first PPV since the history-making WrestleMania 23 in Detroit from back on April 1 (I skipped Backlash last month, no regrets there). And, with superstars from all three WWE shows present and competing, this year's Judgment Day proved to be one of the best WWE events to date.

Ric Flair vs. Carlito (RAW)
    The Backstory: Classic wrestling angle we have here. Until recently, Flair and Carlito stood side-by-side as tag team partners, in what was basically a mentor-protege relationship. After Carlito repeatedly failed to deliver wins, the brash young up-and-comer's temper got the best of him, as he eventually turned on both his girlfriend Torrie as well as his partner Flair. The Match: The opening bout for Judgment Day proved to be a long one. Carlito held his own and worked on Flair for most of the match, but in the end, the Nature Boy was able to turn the tables around, locking in the Figure Four Leglock and forcing Carlito to tap out in record time. Flair successfully proved his point that in order to succeed in this business, you've got to have passion and focus, exactly what he had been trying to teach Carlito.

ECW World Title 3-on-1 Handicap: Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley (ECW, RAW)
    The Backstory: A feud that has been brewing since Donald Trump and Vince McMahon started butting heads in the beginning of the year; at Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit, Bobby Lashley defeated Umaga to give Trump the right to shave Mr. McMahon bald. Since then, McMahon has done everything in his power as Chairman of WWE to make Lashley's life a living hell. Last month at Backlash, Lashley was thrown into the same 3-on-1 Handicap Match, a night when he lost not only the match, but his ECW World Title as well. The Match: The second match of the Pay-Per-View also turned out to be the shortest by far. Lashley literally dismantled every one of his opponents, quickly ending the match following a Dominator to Shane McMahon. However, Vince refused to acknowledge his winning of the ECW World Title, based on the argument that in order to win the title, Lashley had to have pinned him, and not Shane or Umaga. Thus, Lashley won the match decidedly ... but did not regain the ECW World Championship, which still belongs to Mr. McMahon.

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke (ECW)
    The Backstory: For months Elijah Burke, leader of the New Breed, tried to enlist CM Punk in the New Breed's war against the ECW Originals. After Punk finally joined, the battle for leadership was on, as Punk and Burke did nothing but butt heads when it came to the question of who was to lead the New Breed. This led to the ECW Originals gaining the upperhand, as well as a deterioration of the New Breed as a whole. Holding CM Punk directly responsible, Elijah Burke made it his mission to make Punk pay.
    The Match: Another lengthy battle, both up-and-coming superstars pulled out all the stops in this match littered with close calls. Although the competitors seemed evenly matched for most of the fight, a failed attempt at the Elijah Express would allow Punk to reverse the move into his own primary finisher, the GTS, giving him the hard-fought victory. Once again, Punk failed to utilize the Anaconda Vice, but he did come out of Judgment Day with the win against Elijah Burke. Randy Orton vs. HBK (RAW)
    The Backstory: Although the war between Triple H and Shawn Michaels of the revived D-Generation X and Randy Orton and Edge of the now-defunct Rated RKO was long and storied, the personal feud between my boy Orton and Shawn Michaels has been a relatively fresh one. After brutally assaulting Michaels earlier on Monday Night RAW, Orton wanted to prove once and for all who the better man was, in his own hometown of St. Louis, Missouri, no less.
    The Match: Earlier in the night, Orton had attacked Michaels once again from behind, ramming his head into the steel staging and causing HBK to suffer from a major concussion. Although advised by Dr. Rios not to compete, Shawn Michaels staggered to the ring nonetheless, and after the bell rang, Orton began the brutal, relentless assault, as the already-beaten and incoherent Michaels was given the beating of his life. Orton, cocky and arrogant as always, was given the victory in his hometown after the referee determined that HBK was no longer fit to wrestle. However, Orton would not let it end there, as he sneakily delivered an RKO to HBK out of nowhere, just as he was about to stand back up. Afterwards, Michael's wife came into the ring, crying, as referees and medics rushed to give HBK medical attention. And thus, the Legend Killer picked up another win, and now becomes next in line for Cena's WWE Championship. And SERIOUSLY, it's about damn time. The era of RKO is finally about to start on RAW once again.

World Tag Team Championship: The Hardys vs. Cade & Murdoch (RAW, Smackdown!)
    The Backstory: Last month at Backlash, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch failed to defeated Matt and Jeff for the World Tag Team Titles. Since then, the redneck pair have adopted a more "fan favorite" outlook on things, eager to give their opponents the respect they deserve and to play, uncharacteristically, clean and by the rules. At Judgment Day, Cade & Murdoch kept this mentality intact while facing the Hardy Boys for a tag team title rematch.
    The Match: Another significantly long match filled with close calls; not resorting to dirty tactics, Cade and Murdoch held out their own against the Hardys and came quite close several times during the match to beating the Hardys for the World Tag Team Titles. However, the match ended when Matt Hardy successfully delivered a Twist-of-Fate to Lance Cade, and Jeff Hardy followed up with a devastating Swanton Bomb, securing the tag titles. Later on, Cade and Murdoch kept their rule-breaking ways at bay by shaking the hands of the Hardy Boys. World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Batista (Smackdown!)
    The Backstory: Two weeks prior to the Pay-Per-View, the Rated-R Superstar Edge coerced Mr. Kennedy into putting his Wrestlemania-won Money-in-the-Bank on the line on Monday Night RAW. After delivering a devastating spear, the opportunistc Edge stole Kennedy's prize from him. That same week, on Friday Night Smackdown!, following a brutal Steel Cage Match between then-reigning WHC Champion Undertaker and the challenger Batista, Edge sent his cohort, the returning Mark Henry, to further crush the Undertaker, before himself taking the opportunity to quickly cash in the Money-in-the-Bank, allowing Edge to steal the World Heavyweight Title from the Undertaker, sending away the Deadman's spirit from Smackdown!. In what was literally the last segment of the last Smackdown! before Judgment Day, Batista confronted Edge, standing before him as his new rival and challenger to the title.
    The Match: Batista, hungry to regain his championship, took it to Edge early on in the match. However, what Edge lacked in physical strength against the Animal, he made up for with agility and stealth. After Batista was able to gain momentum and nearly finish Edge off for the title, the opportunistic Rated-R Superstar saw a moment of weakness when Batista's injured leg acted up, and used this moment to secure the quick roll-up and win, allowing him to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Diva Intermission (RAW, Smackdown!, ECW)
    Backstage, Kristal interviewed the WWE Divas to get their vote on who would win the night's WWE Championship Match main event. Ashley Massaro, Michelle McCool, Candice Michelle, and Brooke predicted John Cena would retain the WWE Title. Mickie James, Jillian Hall, Layla, Kelly Kelly, Victoria, and Melina went with the Great Khali as their winner. And Maria chose Batista, a competitor who isn't a part of the match ...

United States Championship "2 out of 3 Falls": Chris Benoit vs. MVP (Smackdown!)
    The Backstory: Currently the second longest-running feud in WWE, MVP vs. Benoit has been a storied rivalry since before WrestleMania 23. At WrestleMania back in Detroit, MVP came close but failed to take the United States Title from the Rabid Wolverine. Last month at Backlash, Montel Vontavious Porter had his chance in a rematch against Benoit, but the Rabid Wolverine once again picked up the win. At Judgment Day, MVP and Benoit went to Round 3 of their trilogy as the two men competed in a "2 out of 3 Falls" Match for the United States Championship.
    The Match: In what was undoubtedly the biggest upset of the night, MVP took Benoit to the absolute limit, and eventually stripped the Rabid Wolverine of his coveted United States Title. The first fall occurred after Benoit's injured leg gave out, allowing MVP to get into position for the finishing Playmaker. In the second segment ofthe match, try as he did, Benoit was not able to lock in either the Sharpshooter or the Crippler Crossface, and instead, MVP shockingly picked up the second straight fall, toppling Benoit from his throne to become the new U.S. Champion.

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. The Great Khali (RAW)
    The Backstory: Weeks prior to the PPV, the Great Khali had decimated all of the other competitors for Cena's WWE Championship, and subsequently won his #1 Contender's Match against Shawn Michaels to officially gain the right to face Cena at Judgment Day for the WWE Title. However, a week or so before the event, Khali, after having brutally attacked the champ, stole Cena's title belt, as a pre-emptive act of what he believed would come to pass at Judgment Day.
    The Match: Like Umaga, the Great Khali was undefeated before stepping into the ring with John Cena, having never been pinned or made to submit. But of course, that all changed after the giant, standing well over 7 feet tall, went toe-to-toe with the champ. Cena acted his part as pretty much a rag doll for most of the match, but through some sort of divine intervention, Cena was able to get Khali off of his feet and, in one decisive moment, he locked in the STFU, and sure enough, was able to make the giant tap out for the first time ever. The match went to Cena, and the night ended in the same exact way that the last three WWE Pay-Per-Views have ended - with Cena retaining the WWE Championship. In the words of John Cena himself, "the champ is STILL here."
  • Judgment Day 2007

5.2
    Carlito vs. Ric Flair
    This was pretty disappointing. It was very slow paced, with Carlito dominating most of the match, with Flair coming back with chops, chops, and some more chops. After 15 minutes Flair wins with a figure four.
    Winner: Ric Flair
    Match Rating: 5/10

ECW World Championship
    Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley
    Their Backlash match wasn't that bad, but this was just terrible. In one minute Bobby wins, but the title doesn't change because he didn't pin Vince. Then what the hell are Shane & Umaga there for?
    Winner: Bobby Lashley Still Champion: Vince McMahon
    Match Rating: 1/10

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke
    Best match so far. It had plenty of time for them to work, at around 17 minutes. It did had its slow points, with some holds in the ring, but it had some nice spots as well. These two can do better in the future, but this was a good start.
    Winner: CM Punk
    Match Rating: 7/10

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
    This wasn't the match I was expecting. It was pretty much four minutes of Orton dominating Michaels. Michaels makes a comeback, but drops when he attempts a sweet chin music, and the ref calls the match off.
    Winner: Randy Orton
    Match Rating: 4/10

World Tag Team Championship
    The Hardys vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
    This is the second pay per view match between the two teams, and a very good one. A little longer than their Backlash encounter, and maybe a little better too. Nice wrestling and tag team skills from both sides. The challengers were being heels by playing by the rules, which was pretty fun to watch. Champs retain in a good match
    Winners & Still World Tag Team Champions: The Hardys
    Match Rating: 7.5/10

World Heavyweight Championship
    Edge vs. Batista
    Not a very good match, and my least favorite from these two. It was mostly Edge working on Batista's leg, keeping the match at a dull pace. Finish was weak as well, where Batista hit a spine buster, but is shaken because of his leg, which lets Edge roll him up. So basically Edge no sold a spine buster and retains hit title.
    Winner & Still World Heavyweight Champion: Edge
    Match Rating: 5.5/10

WWE United States Championship
    2 Out Of 3 Falls Match
    Chris Benoit vs. MVP
    Another match that is my least favorite from these guys. By looking at the title, it seems like this would be great, like their previous matches. Instead, we have a very dull first fall, with a dead crowd, leading to a sloppy playmaker by MVP for the first fall. Then in very little time, MVP rolls up Benoit two falls straight.
    Winner & NEW US Champion: MVP
    Match Rating: 6/10

WWE Championship
    John Cena vs. The Great Khali
    This was a better match than I was expecting, but it still wasn't a good main event. Cena actually took it to Khali, which already makes it better than most Khali matches. In the end Cena makes Khali tap to the STFU.
    Winner & Still WWE Champion: John Cena
    Match Rating: 6/10

Judgment Day was a pretty bad pay per view. There were two good matches, and the rest pretty boring. Some matches just plain should have been better. Even the Benoit/MVP match was disappointing. You probably aren't missing anything by passing over this ppv
  • Do not order this Pay-Per-View

5.7
    Judgement Day was bad.

First Khali vs. John Cena. John Cena won. Khali was the favorite but Cena still outlasted him.John Cena kept the title.One of the best matches that night.

Next was Edge vs. Batista. Edge just wins!He is the World Heavyweight champ for a reason.

Then Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs. Bobby Lashely for the ECW championship that Vince has. At the end Lashely wins, but he pins Shane, so he loses.

In the Benoit-M.V.P match,it was 2 out-of-3 falls match. M.V.P wins!

C.M Punk defeats Elijah Burke.

Randy Orton injured Micheals (has come back) and won.

Ric Flair defeated Carlito!

Hardy Boys defeated Cade and Murdoch for the World tag team championship.

It wasn't that good.