WWE Pay-Per-View

Judgment Day 2008

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 18, 2008 on

• Judgment Day 2008 was a pretty good PPV

JBL vs. John Cena
    This was an odd choice for the opener. It was pretty slow paced the whole way through, with JBL dominating for the most part. I didn't mind until the 15 minute mark, when the crowd started chanting boring. Cena hits the F-U out of nowhere to get the win. Match Rating: 6/10

WWE Tag Team Championship
    John Morrison & The Miz vs. Kane & CM Punk
    This would have been a better choice for an opener, as it was a solid back and forth match. Kane and Punk as a team was sort of a throwaway, but the seemed to work pretty well together. Not great, but entertaining match up.
    Match Rating: 6.5/10

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
    I really thought this was a great match. It reminded me of their Wrestlemania 19 match, but lacking a bit of intensity. Great reversals in this back and forth match, and it was really hard to choose a winner. I was a little let down by Michaels winning again, but it kept their feud alive. Match Rating: 8/10

Women's Championship
    Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina
    This was one of the better women's matches I've seen. It was very short, but it was fast paced, and never got boring. Cool move towards the end with Beth holding both opponents on her shoulders in a backbreaker.
    Match Rating: 6/10

World Heavyweight Championship
    Edge vs. The Undertaker
    As you all probably know by now, these two have set the standard for what wwe main events should be like. They start out slow, and gradually pick up speed and have an overall amazing matchup. That was pretty much how this match went, except for the letdown ending with Taker winning by countout, but Vickie taking the title away.
    Match Rating: 7.5/10

Jeff Hardy vs. MVP
    I hope these two do better at Summerslam, because this was sort of a letdown in my opinion. It was mostly MVP grounding Hardy with simple offense, until Hardy hits a random Whisper In The Wind out of nowhere for the win. These two can do much better in my opinion.
    Match Rating: 5/10

Steel Cage Match For The WWE Championship
    Triple H vs. Randy Orton
    This was a pretty good main event, but it just didnt have the main event of a pay per view feel. The action was solid, with an ending that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Nobody really expected Orton to come out on top, which sort of took away from the match.
    Match Rating: 7/10

I thought Judgment Day was a pretty good ppv. The card was solid start to finish, with nothing bad, and a few spectacular matches. Just under 7 out of 10 in my opinion