WWE Pay-Per-View

One Night Stand 2008

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jun 01, 2008 on

7.8
  • One Night Stand was a disappointment to me and other than the Diva's match I saw no other wrestling.

6.4
    WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainment and there were two very notable things missing, Wrestling and Entertainment. Although there was some wrestling on display the only match which contained any was the Diva's match and that was not a bad match. Jeff Hardy and Umaga just gave each other a few slaps all the way to the outside and then you could easily see how fake Jeff's senton bomb was. I could even see the mat on rollers hiding away.

Batista, HBK, Cena and JBL I found extremely boring as nothing real happened in their matches either. Big Show on the other hand snapped after his head got split open on the metal step he was carrying. Watching him cane the other wrestlers with a kendo stick which truthfully doesn't really hurt that much was fun to watch. But it didn't last long and thank god for that.

I also found Triple H and Orton's match rather boring. That also seemed to end quickly after Orton cracked his shoulder on the mat. You could see him trying to deal with the pain of it, but he couldn't and I can certainly understand why. I hope he makes a quick recovery but knowing that this is the second time he has had problems with that shoulder might indicate that Orton might have to cut his career short if the problems continue.

The final match of the evening again saw no wrestling but it saw a lot of tables, ladders and chairs. Being that it was a TLC match. What those two go through by putting their bodies through that carnage is simply amazing. But the things that kind of annoy me are how they set all the things up. Obviously they had planned this match out before it start... There was too much order and with Edge getting help from his stable team La Familia, Undertaker was in line to loose and leave WWE.

Even for an Extreme Rules night as the WWE had set out there was no wrestling from any of the male stars. The two Diva's put the rest of the roster to shame. You could see the fake and the choreographed from Hardy, Umaga to the TCL match. Randy Orton and Paul "Big Show" Wright both got injured showing that not all goes to plan. This show is far from the basics of wrestling and the truth is easy to see. The WWE has lost its way…