WWE Pay-Per-View

• One Night Stand 2008

7.2
    Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga
    I thought this match was pretty disappointing. It was just a brawl around the arena, with nothing special happening. There was one cool spot with Hardy sliding down a railing. The ending was terrible, where Hardy climbed a truck, kicked Umaga down and hit a swanton to the "concrete" with the camera view being blocked. When the camera finally moved in the safety padding they used was in sight.
    Match Rating: 5/10

Singapore Cane Match
    Tommy Dreamer vs. John Morrison vs. CM Punk vs. Big Show vs. Chavo Guerrero
    This should have been the opener, as it was fast paced and was always fun to watch. Show dominates early on, but is taken out when he bleeds hard way because of the steel steps. There were some nice spots, such as a tower of doom from the normal sized men, and a cross body over the top ropes from morrison reversed into a sick cane shot from Show. Big Show ends up getting the win pinning Dreamer.
    Match Rating: 7/10

First Blood Match
    JBL vs. John Cena
    This wasn't the hardcore match I expected. It was mainly a slower paced, back and forth brawl. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't very fun to watch. I would choose their match at Judgment Day over this. I also think they could have had a better ending, instead of having JBL bleed from his mouth during an STFU with a chain. The match was pretty stiff, but I think it could have been better

I Quit Match
    Melina vs. Beth Phoenix
    This was a very different "I Quit Match", as it was more like a submission match, and there was no house mic for the laides to speak into, they would just tap out, or tell the ref they'd quit. At the same time it was a better than average woman's match. They reversed plenty of ground based submissions. I was into it a lot more than the crowd, and the JR & The King as well. Phoenix makes Melina tap in what was a painful looking hold.

Stretcher Match
    Batista vs. Shawn Michaels
    My favorite match so far, as both men put a lot into the match. I also like Jericho's part in the match, as you couldn't really tell who we was pulling for. It was pretty violent, and back and forth between the two, until Batista starts to dominate, and work on Michael's back. After one Batista bomb, Batista tells Shawn "he doesn't love him, and hes not sorry", as a reference to Michales to flair at Wrestlemania, and hits a second. In the end, Batista hits a spinebuster on the steel steps for the win. Pretty brutal
    Match Rating: 7.5/10

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship
    Triple H vs. Randy Orton
    This match could have been awesome, like their main event at No Mercy, but it was cut short due to Randy breaking his collarbone about 10 minutes into the match. Everything was going pretty well before it though, but it ended prematurely, with a weak sledgehammer shot from Hunter. Orton tried to sell it, but his shoulder was the only thing being sold.
    Match Rating: 6/10

Tables, Ladder & Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship The Undertaker vs. Edge
    The stipulation to the match was that if Undertaker loses he is banished from the WWE, which we know now isn't true because he just beat Edge in a Hell In The Cell match at Summerslam. Anyways this was a plain awesome main event. There weren't too many spots to take away from the actual match, but there were enough to make it entertaining. Even the interference added to the match, as it made it more of a nail biter. It seemed like Undertaker had the win once again, but Edge knocked him off the ladder through four tables and got the win. Taker got a standing ovation for his effort, and it would have been a respectable end to his career.
    Match Rating: 8/10

One Night Stand was a solid pay per view, with no bad matches. The opener could have been better, but the rest of the card was decent to awesome. This is worth the money and is a good buy