WWE Pay-Per-View

Royal Rumble 2007

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 28, 2007 on

• Pretty good Pay-Per-View

After seeing the card for this year's Royal Rumble, I thought it was gonna be terrible. I guess I was wrong. If it weren't for the Rumble match, this might have been a stinker. Here's my review on the entire night:

The Hardy Boys Def. MNM - 8/10
    Pretty good tag team match between these 2. The one thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth was the reason for this match: Joey Mercury was severely injured at Armageddon last month......and they turned his injury into a damn storyline. What a pathetic excuse for ratings. Despite that, the match was great.

Lashley Def. Test via countout (ECW Championship) - 0/10
    The worst match of the night. Test is nothing more than a WWE reject, Lashley should not be ECW champion or in ECW for that matter. The match just plain sucked. And the ending made it even worse. Lashley retained by a damn count-out. And THAT was Vince's idea of what ECW is all about. Seriously, what the hell were we watching? It wasn't an ECW match, I'll tell you that much.

Batista Def. Mr. Kennedy (World Heavyweight Championship) - 3/10
    I hate both of these guys, so this match was boring to me. The one thing I liked from Kennedy was that inverted figure-four leg lock he used. Other than that, I hated this match. Batista was boring as usual, Kennedy sounded like a retard when he shouted his name through that microphone yet again, thank God it was over.

John Cena Def. Umaga in a Last Man Standing Match (WWE Championship) - 4/10
    John Cena overcomes the odds once again. Vince McMahon has got to stop with the unstoppable Superman champion nonsense that fans despise Cena for. Despite that, it wasn't your usual Last Man Standing match since Umaga did everything. The ring rope coming off was good, however, the way it was "used" killed the match.

The Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble match after entering at No. 30 - 9/10
    I was looking forward to see J.R and JBL call the Royal Rumble match. We got JBL, but we got the King and Michael Cole instead. Lawler, I might not mind. Cole, why him? There was a graphic on the top-right part of the screen to let you know what number was coming in next, yet he kept calling the number out. What was the point of that graphic anyways?

Despite all of that, this match alone saved the entire Pay-Per-View. Michaels was a favorite to win, Undertaker was a favorite to win (my pick to be exact). Ironically enough they were the last wrestlers left. For a second, I thought Michaels was going to win. BOY was I wrong.

Undertaker won, he's the first man to enter at No. 30 and win the Rumble and this is the first time he has won the Rumble match too. Good for you, Taker. Next stop: WrestleMania 23 at Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan.