WWE Pay-Per-View

Royal Rumble 2007

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 28, 2007 on

• This is not the greatest Rumble ever, but it is pretty good.

6.2
    Tag-Team Match
    MNM vs. The Hardys
    I really liked this feud. In my opinion these are the two best tag-teams in the WWE currently and they have great in-ring chemistry. This is a solid match and it makes me long for the days of the ‘Attitude Era’ when the tag division was at its peak. Great finish and overall one of the better recent tag-team matches.
    7.2/10

ECW Championship
    Singles Match
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Test
    At this point the ECW title has less credibility than the WCW title had when David Arquette held it. I really couldn’t have cared less about this match when buying the DVD and it still managed to go beneath my expectations. Awful, nothing happens and the finish is horrid.
    2.1/10

World Heavyweight Championship
    Singles Match
    Batista (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy I still don’t see Kennedy as a main-event superstar yet. It is pretty obvious that Batista will hold the belt, so this match lost some of its edge due to that. It was not a horrible match though. Kennedy carried Batista for the most part and the finish was rather weak, but there was some entertainment to be dished out during this one.
    6.0/10

WWE Championship
    Last Man Standing Match
    John Cena (c) vs. Umaga w/Armando Alejandro Estrada
    This was the first match on the card to actually surpass my expectations. Not solid from a technical standpoint, but it was entertaining and there was some nice use of weapons. A good hardcore match that deserves recognition.
    6.9/10

Royal Rumble Match
    30 Superstars from Raw, Smackdown! and ECW
    This is the match of the night for sure. The Royal Rumble is always one of my favorite events each year, mostly due to this match. Its always fun to guess who may enter next and who will end up victorious. This one in particular has the most talented group of contestants ever as well was one of the best endings in history. Intense is one of many words that can be used to describe this match.
    8.9/10

Overall, this is far from being the best Royal Rumble ever, but it certainly is not the worst. It surpassed 2006's event greatly and was very entertaining for the most part. Recommended for any fans of the Rumble match or fans of last man standing matches. There have been better PPVs in the past, but this one would stand as a solid investment for any wrestling fan. Overall Rating: 6.2/10