WWE Pay-Per-View

Unforgiven 2008

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 07, 2008 on

7.4
  • A bunch of scrambles, a few surprises

Well here is breif summary of the PPV:

The ECW Scramble was decent and I'm glad Matt Hardy pulled off the win, and I hope he feuds with someone else besides Henry now like Morrison. They should of have made it a Hardcore Scramble to separate it from the other 2 scrambles

World Tag Team Title Match: Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase (c) vs Cryme Tyme was your typical tag team match nothing all that special but still a decent match overall.

Unsanctioned Match: Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho was the best match of the night, and it would have been better if not for the ending with the ref stopping the match. They should of had HBK by getting the pin or submission following the beat down and then after the match had HBK still beat him some more, and start attacking the refs who were trying to stop him. Also, not enough blood.

WWE Title Scramble Match: Triple H (c) vs MVP vs Jeff Hardy vs The Brian Kendrick vs Shelton Benjamin was the best scramble of the night by far with the ending being really exciting with not knowing who was going to get the last fall between Hardy and HHH.

Divas Title Match: Michelle McCool (c) vs Maryse was the worst match of the night and I didn't really enjoy it except for the few spots in the match that were decent. I'm just not a fan of Maryse as a wrestler, she should be a manager.

The whole Big Show/Taker/Vicki thing was stupid and I'm dreading the thought of yet another Big Show/Taker feud. the only thing that would make this feud good is if they do gimmick matches like buried alive or last ride match. I just felt this segment went on way too long.

World Title Scramble: Batista vs JBL vs Kane vs Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho was good as well but still not as good as the smackdown one. The fact Jericho was in it was a good and bad thing. Good because well Jericho is now champ and its been a long time coming, but bad because it makes no seance since he was just beaten unconscious not that long before. They should of had Orton and his goons attack Punk after the match instead of before after punk retains the title to set up Orton vs Punk at No Mercy for the title. The one good thing is now the HBK/Y2J feud is even more entertaining then it was because now it will be for the title as well. I think they should have the two of them fight for the title in one of 3 matches if not all. Ladder/Submisson/Iron Man. There you go Vince your next 3 months worth of main events for the two of them and the title.

Overall: It was a good PPV, not the best but still quite entertaining. The only thing about the scrambles I didn't like were the rules. a 20 min match where a new guy comes out every 5 min which is dumb and unfair because the last guy out only has to be in the match less then 5 min, and he'll be fresh while the other 4 aren't so it should have been all 5 men in the ring at once for the 20 mins.