WWE Velocity

Spike TV (ended 2006)

WWE Velocity Fan Reviews (11)

• I liked the old wwf heat up till 2004. now since the draft lottery in 2004. i just liked half of those matchups.

Favorite Heat wrestlers, Shelton Benjamin back a long time ago same for Johny the bull, Shawn Stasiak, Tommy Dreamer was underrated, as for goldust and steven richards i liked them, now it seems Val Venis, Tajiri,Hearth Throbs are getting full time for Heat. Now that Steven is no longer the boss of sunday night heat lol.
    OOPS i guess this should go for sunday night heat and not for WWE Velocity, how do i edit the title ?
  • Velocity like Heat is a B show. A place for WWE to display the second rate superstars.

6.9
    Velocity like Heat is a B show. A place for WWE to display the second rate superstars but very often they have top stars like Beniot and Matt Hardy. Velocity is one hour of mix and match, mix of the storylines from Smackdown and match for… well you know.

I never watch the storylines or the extra’s on Velocity as I already know what is going on so it’s just match watching for me. Every so often they have one hell of a match on Velocity and one main event they had was Beniot vs Regal and that match was off the chart. There was blood flowing from both Beniot and Regal and watching the moves and skill set of each star goes to show how they got into this business.

The best part of Velocity is that you get to see the cruiserweight action and there are some good matches in there. Supercrazy and some of the other cruiserweight stars can pull off some excellent moves.

Sadly in the end Velocity was cancelled because of two reasons. The first being, to free up resources in the re-launch of ECW and the other being the fall in rating.
  • was good in its first days getting on a few later it got terrible showing wwe worst talent

2.5
    Velocity was nothing but ashow that was underated showing the wwe's worst talent. Such as Scotty 2 hotty, basham brothers and im sure you get me now. Also with in this show it would also show you highlights of Smackdown like heat does. Once the show reached the end to its air it later got taken off the TV and got replaced as a online show Velocity the show was running between may 15 2002 until june 10 2006. The commentators in 2002 were Tazz and Michael Coal, 2003 Ernest "The Cat" Miller and Josh Mathews, July 2003 Tazz and Josh Mathews, November 2003 - December 2004 Josh Mathews and Bill DeMott, December 2004 - June 2006 Josh Mathews and Steve Romero. Velocity would end to make way for the return of ECW. Back in its first few months this was a pretty good show but it would get worse as some of the worst wwe wrestlers would be on it expect matt hardy hes a great wrestler.
  • Sometimes even better than Raw & Smackdown.

I must say, Velocity has probably been one of my favorite WWE shows since it debuted. Sure, a lot of it is recap of the week's Smackdown, but most times, you also get 3 or 4 original matches. many of the matches on Velocity feature the superstars of WWE's underutilized Cruiserweight Division. We also can get our fill of seeing independent wrestler get squashed by established superstars. If the rumors are true, and Velocity doesn't survive when WWE moves back to USA, then it will be sad to see it go. But, since recent roster cuts saw the removal of many Velocity regulars, the rumors may be closer to reality than we think.
  • getting better every week.

WWE VELOCITY has been better than WWE SMACKDOWN for about almost a year.Every week the matches just keep getting better way better than some of the lackluster matches on SMACKDOWN.So far it is the only WWE show that has true cruiserweight action,and it is getting cancelled because WWE programming is leaving SPIKETV.
  • A wrestling show that actually shows...wrestling!

What I love about WWE Velocity is it actually showcases good professional wrestling about 90% of the time. The show features WWE's underutilized Cruiserweight division, for the most part, but is usually main evented by it's upper-midcard wrestlers, which frankly, aren't that great. Currently being booked by Court H. Bauer, former Major League Wrestling promoter, Velocity features excellent technical and high flying wrestling during most of it's first half. It also features at least one independent wrestler each week, usually jobbing to a WWE contracted star. What's bad about this show is that the majority of it is spent recapping the previous edition of WWE SmackDown!, and is highlighted by a main event match with an overrated brawler from SmackDown!'s upper card. If the program featured more Cruiserweights (such as Paul London, James "Nunzio" Maritato, Sho Funaki, etc) I'd probably rate it higher, but for now, it's an 8.5.
  • This show actually showed "wrestling".

Velocity was a show that actually showed wrestling, and it was not about sports entertainment. Yo would see the cruiserweights have great matches, wrestlers such as Orlando Jordan, William Regal, Sean o' Haire, and others did well on the show during their time. the problem though is that the show recapped things too much down the road and then at times only had 2 matches. The company should have had another show used only for recaps, so Velocity can put on 4 to 5 great matches, but knowing WWE that did not happen. In conclusion, Velocity at times was a better show than Heat, because the wrestling was entertaining, and the great talent was not overrated either, so it was a peaceful setting.
  • A wrestling show with replays from the past week's smackdown.

First off this show has way way too many replays from the past weeks Smackdown. The first few matches are usually great I meant the London vs. Akio matches were some of the greatest ever in the WWE. The main event on Velocity is always predictable and not worth watching though. The main event's usually feature a mid card Smackdown superstar vs. a Velocity low carder or another mid carder. It is entertianing to watch the first few matches and sometimes the main event can be moderatly alright. Worth watching if nothing else is on or at least worth watching the first few matches.
  • One of the WWEs better offerings.

7.1
    Velocity beats all the other WWE shows, it has more fighting for a start. They have some of the best athletes the WWE has to offer Lance Cade, Super Crazy & Chavo Guerrero jnr(so cute, is he single?), while showing stars from other promotions such as Fred Sampson & John Walters. WWE Heat is also another show thats not bad either.
  • Velocity's usually not to good.

6.8
    1. Billy Kidman pinned Tajiri

This was'nt a very good maych, had no story behind it, but it was just a Velocity match.
    3/10

2. Hardcore Holly pinned The Big Valbowski

An ok match mildly entertaining, decent fighting.
    6/10

3. WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus d. Stacy Keibler in a bra and panties match.

Best match of the night it's always good when divas are there, since there's nothing to good on Velocity, a bra and panties match is good.
    7.5/10

This was Velocity's fist show, it did'nt last to long on TV, only a couple of years.

Velocity can pass an hour, I would watch it when I'm bored.
  • MI:3, mission impossible

Mission Impossible 3: An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!An unreal show! I love it!