X-Men: Evolution Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Does Rogue Annoy You?

Does she annoy you?

snowprincess456

[1]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 15

I was just rewatching the series...and I love Rogue..but how she is pertrayed in this series really bugs me...

So I want to know what you all think!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

macabre190788

[2]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm not annoyed by her goth persona at all. I think it works for her, she reminds me of that chick from "Extreme Ghostbusters".

RosAzzo

[3]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    I find her character quite interesting actually.

macabre190788

[4]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 26
    Rogue is hot. Spyke is the only one that annoys me.

Vampira_18

[5]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 9

Rogue is my favorite character in X-men. I don't think she is annoying or something like that in X-men Evolution. She was a troubled teenager and the producers did that. But Rogue has a sarcastic way of talking too and I didn't see this very much in the series. And I didn't like the way she looks in the series, mainly because of her make up.

tvcrazy12

[6]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    snowprincess456 wrote:

I was just rewatching the series...and I love Rogue..but how she is pertrayed in this series really bugs me...

So I want to know what you all think!

sort of

Blue_Demon62

[7]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    I rather liked her in Evo than I did in the classic X-Men. In the older X-Men she just seemed a bit too... Chirpy is the wrong word, but it's the best I can come up with.

smartguy_90640

[8]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    no actually she was my fav on the show..

Codeguru

[9]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 6

Most of these kiddie versions of superheroes bother me, it's not like Muppet Babies where that was the first time most people were introduced to those characters. But yes this goth chick rogue is extremely annoying. The southern bell aspect they pulled off in the 90's version of X-men was perfect as well as her nice puffy hair. This flat hair glued to head hairstyle of today is retarded and I can only hope will pass soon...

Codeguru

Avearia

[10]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    she was awesome! why would she be annoying?

StoryBook95

[11]May 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, why would she be annoying? As someone said, she was a trouble kid and the goth style fits her perfectly!

Shayera-Hol

[12]May 30, 2008
    • level: 20
    StoryBook95 wrote:
    Yeah, why would she be annoying? As someone said, she was a trouble kid and the goth style fits her perfectly!
    Agreed, I like her better this way. But in the claasic X-Men she was cool, too. She never annoyed me.

Vikxing

[13]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Rogue's the best X men. she can Posses unlimited powers foreever now. I think she's the best. Wish there were more episodes focusing on her.

maya14belle

[14]Jul 5, 2008
    Vikxing wrote:
    Rogue's the best X men. she can Posses unlimited powers foreever now. I think she's the best. Wish there were more episodes focusing on her.

I like her also.

kennedyS7

[15]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    no she doesn't annoy me she is my fav character and she is portrayed as a lost kid because that's what she is she feels alone and wants to be able to touch people but obviously she cant.

2BPowerRanger

[16]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    OMG yes, she annoyed me throughout the show. I can't put my finger on it, but something about her annoyed me. I liked her alot better as the witty strong girl from the 90's show, not the angry loner from evo

maya14belle

[17]Jul 21, 2008
    2BPowerRanger wrote:
    OMG yes, she annoyed me throughout the show. I can't put my finger on it, but something about her annoyed me. I liked her alot better as the witty strong girl from the 90's show, not the angry loner from evo

In the episode Power Surge, Rogue seemed to dislike Jean. Why? And is there an episode where she accepts Jean as a friend?

maya14belle

[18]Aug 2, 2008

maya14belle wrote:
    2BPowerRanger wrote:
    In the episode Power Surge, Rogue seemed to dislike Jean. Why? And is there an episode where she accepts Jean as a friend?

Seeing this episode and other episodes has caused me to change my opinion of Rogue. While I find her an interesting and fascinating character, I feel though sometimes angry and annoyed now by her actions. Here they are,

1) In the Power Surge episode, I disliked the way she showed jealousy toward Jean just because Scott likes her and because her popularity. The way she did not clap for her at the assembly, her thoughts toward Jean when Jean was overhearing thoughts without effort, and the reason she left the party. She left because she did not want to celebrate Jean's popularity. Jean may be a popular girl, but she is not naughty or cynical like Rogue. I found Rogue until the end of the episode when she helped Jean such a rude witch.

2) In the Impact episode, I hated her even more for pushing Mystique in her staue for off the cliff and for not feeling sympathetic for Mystique being in that form in the beginning. THAT WAS EXTREMELY DISHONORABLE, IMMORAL, CRUEL, AND COLD-HEARTED OF ROGUE!!!!! MYSTIQUE DID HORRIBLE AND UNFORGIVABLE THINGS, BUT THAT IS NO WAY TO BEAT AN ENEMY!!!!! ALSO, HER LACK OF COMPASSION FOR MYSTIQUE AND PUSHING HER OFF THE CLIFF MAKES HER EITHER BADDER THAN OR JUST AS WORSE AS MYSTIQUE AND OTHER VILLAINS!!!!!

Edited on 08/02/2008 7:08pm
    Edited 4 total times.

evilraven92

[19]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    sorta yes and no I loveses rogue from the series but giving her the oh so cliched title of "goth" annoys me I see the way she dresses but one its because she cant touch anybody so yeah shes going to cover up 2 if you say she dressed that way before the powers showed up its prolly because thats how her foster mom told her to dress ....second point how she act she was lied to she opens up later but shes not so much 'goth' as firmly planted on the ground ....3rd point yes I see her make-up and frankly I have no rebutle it prolly just fit how she looked so she went with it.. What I HATE HATE HATE more than anything is the super emo-goth-ansty rogue portayed in oh so many fanfic ...honestly who would use the words "yeah its morbid but I like depressing stuff" NOONE cause its not scientificly possible to LIKE stuff that DEPRESSES you its an oxymoron....*BREATHES* okay rant officially over

evilraven92

[20]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    p.s. the character I dislike is X-23