X-Men: Evolution

The HeX Factor

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Apr 20, 2002 on The WB

• A cool introduction for The Scarlet Witch.

This episode is a great example of what I think this show did better than the original X-Men series. In the old show outside of the core team, only a few other characters were given decent attention. But here, on evolution, I feel they do a great job of teaching me more about the mutants in the X-Men world. The Scarlet Witch is here!

Besides the usual formula of "new baddie on the loose, let's go stop her," comes the fact that Mystique has returned to the Brotherhood, Wanda is reunited with her brother Quicksilver, and most importantly, she almost single-handledly whoops all the X-Men's butts! Our heroes technically suffer their first defeat, and boom that's how it ends. Different. (and cool)
  • The Scarlet Witch joins the Brotherhood

This is a great episode.
    Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, sister of Quicksilver and Magneto's daughter joins the cast in this exciting episode. She wants revenge on her father after he left her in a mental hospital because she couldn't control her powers.
    She wants vengeance at any price. Mystique adopts her and prepares her for a fight against the X-Men.
    As unbelieveable as it sounds, the X-Men loose the fight.