X-Play Forums

G4 (ended 2013)

The "New X-play"

jasondoggybag

[1]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    Hey, does anyone besides me think that this new X-play idea sucks? I liked the old X-play and now they have to go changing it around!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 46
    I seem to think there is already a thread on this subject but no it took a while but the new format has grown on me just like the show after all these years has grown.

escritora84

[3]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    I honestly don't mind th new format, but I just miss some of the snarkiness that used to be the show's trademark. Adam and Morgan's sassy comments seem like they've been watered down since the new X-Play aired. At least Bob and Steve are back!

Bartman100

[4]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    I really hate the new X play. I liked it better when there were more game reviews and that other stuff that invades the episodes now were quick extras. New X play sucks and it sounds like a lot of other people think so to according to other forums.

UlalaSpaceChan5

[5]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    i miss the humor in everything, i watched xplay to laugh. To laugh at the crazy skits, and the hatred for wwii, dragon ball z, and bad games that never should have been made. I mean i know G4 is on the stingy side when it comes to original shows and casts (the reason why cheaters and the like are on), but why change something that was great, get people together to make a new show dedicated to the serious side of gaming, and let xplay go back to its roots... fun

eetansk

[6]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    UlalaSpaceChan5 wrote:
    i miss the humor in everything, i watched xplay to laugh. To laugh at the crazy skits, and the hatred for wwii, dragon ball z, and bad games that never should have been made. I mean i know G4 is on the stingy side when it comes to original shows and casts (the reason why cheaters and the like are on), but why change something that was great, get people together to make a new show dedicated to the serious side of gaming, and let xplay go back to its roots... fun

Yeah, I know what you mean... The show has been losing its fun side lately, the one thing I watched the show for. It's kinda more serious, and that's not what the show was originally planned to do- to tell us about games in a fun and sarcastic, yet helpful way!

jw2468

[7]Aug 21, 2008
    It's too much like a news show. Like most of you I miss the humor and the skits.

jw2468

[8]Aug 21, 2008
    It's too much like a news show. Like most of you I miss the humor and the skits.

DOMOJITA

[9]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 18
    i use to wath it alot but now iam barly watching it at all so i miss the old xplay the new xplay is boring and dumb its no fun iny more.

GrandCross21

[10]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 17
    Its not as good as it was

Dragonflames989

[11]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    The soul of the show is dead. I love to watch the old repeats and remember how much fun it was.

danharr

[12]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 46
    They're bringing back the jokes and some of the old bits what else do you want? They're in the big leagues now the old amateur crap won't cut it.

Dragonflames989

[13]May 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    danharr wrote:
    They're bringing back the jokes and some of the old bits what else do you want? They're in the big leagues now the old amateur crap won't cut it.
    When did they reach "the big leagues" and how did that happen? I just miss how much fun they used to be. Morgan inpaticular seems to have lost all of her personality completely. It feels like they are on auto pilot and can not wake up.

madman608

[14]May 13, 2009
    • level: 3
    Problem is, G4 is trying to fit all of it's gaming bits into the show. It's cool to watch, but I just wish they'd stop striving for ratings and turn the channel's theme back to, you know, video games.