X

A&E (ended 2002)

X Fan Reviews (9)

• Kamui must choose whether to save the earth or save humanity, and the choice he makes brings great sadness to him and misfortune to those he loves.

I've read the manga, and I have to say that to those who haven't read the manga--are missing out. The manga is actually one of my favorites. The anime doesn't do justice to the manga, but they certainly did a lot more than the movie. The story starts out really slow, and it doesn't get interesting until the last half of the series. It's not really the anime's fault because the manga starts out slow too--although not as much as the anime. Additionally, there's a lot of information that had to be shared to understand the story and the characters, but sadly it doesn't translate well into the tv series because it slows down the story. The second half of the series is done very well. The episodes are straight to the point and deliver some very bittersweet and tearjerker moments. Since the manga was incomplete (still is), the writers for the anime had to guess how the ending would be. They did very well, in my opinion, tying up everyone's story. While the last episode was anti-climatic, it was acceptable. What I like about the second half of the series is that it also provides a very realistic (anime-wise/manga-wise) end to the characters' stories, even to those reading the manga and wondering when it's going to end and how. This series is definitely not for the faint of heart though. While I like this anime, I would rather have people check out the manga first. To those who have watched the anime and disliked/hated it--please check out the manga. You won't be disappointed. To those who have loved this show--still check out the manga because you're missing out on a lot of subplots. Lastly, the anime is heavily censored compared to the manga.
  • Two opposing forces battle to decide the fate of Earth and all those living on it. Kamui must decide which side to fight for. A nice character driven show with a somewhat disappointing ending that fits the story but was not as intense as I had hoped.

This show kind of reminded me of the Matrix; people jumping across roofs from building to building, fighting a secret fight to decide the fate of everyone on Eath. It had interesting characters and a decent plot. It was nice getting to know each character a little more with each being the focus of at least one episode.

It was also interesting to see the one-on-one battles between each side. Each person had a unique ability and it was fun to see why they were the way they are. 'X' also poses some interesting questions about doing what is right for the future or for those we know and care about now.

While it was an enjoyable show, I was a little disappointed with the climax. The final showdown was not as intense as I had hoped but the way things wrapped up at least made sense within the context of the story.
  • Its mainly about two opposing sides.And one boy decides the fate of the world.The Dragon Of Earth are the ones who wishes to destory the current earth and create an new one.While Dragon Of Heaven are the one that tries to keep the earth the same.

This anime rocks! You have Kamui who is the one that decide the fate.But he doesn't know that his best friend Fuma,will become "The Other Kamui" who will be chosen for the dragon of earth.This anime has lots of action.Even betrayal as well! The anime rocks and the movie rocks as well! I mean this has to be most cutting edge anime ever.I mean it had an prolouge anime aka Tokyo Bablyon than the movie than the series.What more can you asked for? Yeah this anime is one of the best that I had seen in my life.
  • Two opposing forces battle to decide the fate or Earth and all those living on it. Kamui must decide which side to fight for. A nice character driven show with a somewhat disappointing ending that fits the story but was not as intense as I had hoped.

This show kind of reminded me of the Matrix; people jumping around from building to building, fighting a secret fight to decide the fate of everyone on Eath. It had interesting characters and a decent plot. It was nice getting to know each character a little more with each being the focus of at least one episode.

It was also interesting to see the battles between opposing teams members. Each person had a unique power of theirs and it was fun to see why they are the way they are. X also poses some interesting questions about doing what is right for the future or for those we know and care about now.

• There are two groups of supernatural warriors which begins a prohetic battle against the Dragons of earth and the dragons of heaven.kamui the most powerful dragon now has to decide what will be the fate of the world. Will he save mankind or let it perish

The show X is an excellent show to start an anime collection it has everything you would need. Blood,action,scifi,and more. Unfortunatel it i not recemended for all ages you should be at least 17 to watch it due to the blood and violence but other that its perfct. To those who did not read the summary here it is again:

There are two groups of supernatural warriors which begins a prohetic battle against the Dragons of earth and the dragons of heaven.kamui the most powerful dragon now has to decide what will be the fate of the world. Will he save mankind or let it perish with the burning of fires

• boring,

5.9
    dragons of the earth have a mission. to destroy earth. dragons of heaven have to stop them.
    Kamuii, is the only one who can stop them. oh no. i was really excited about this at first until i watched it. it was a total letdown. Do not watch this. and im sure micheal jackson starred in this.
  • Kamui is destined to become a Dragon of Heaven or Dragon of Earth. If he becomes a Dragon of Heaven he will try to save humanity, but if he becomes one of Earth he will destroy it.

6.4
    Beautiful animation, great characters, and wonderful fight scenes. What more could you ask for? Well, more fight scenes, character DEVELOPMENT, and an interesting storyline. X had a lot of potential, and is O.K. if you have the time, but it fell short of what it could have been. Don't buy it. If you have Netflix, feel free to rent it, but be warned it can get somewhat repetetive and doesn't show its true potential of what should have been until the last couple of disks.
  • A really good anime that no one seems to know about. It has the right mix of action and characters that have actual personalities. X is definitely an anime that falls into the background with fan favorites such as Inu Yasha stealing its spotlight.

The end of the world is coming, blah blah blah. We've probably all heard this before, but its not really a big deal. The story may be cliched but that's were the same old stuff ends in this anime. You have two "teams" (I don't know what else to call them), that will supposedly decide the fate of the world. The Dragons of Heaven (the seven seals) want to save humankind while the Dragons of Earth (the seven angels) want to destroy the human race so nature can flourish. Already the plot has some valid reasons for a conflict (unlike other animes where the characters just seem to be flailing around for no reason). Well, the preordained time has come, and as it stands each side has six people. Kamui Shirou a very melacholy teenager is fated to choose a side, and, thus, the fate of the world. Will he join the Dragons of Heaven and save humanity or the Dragons of Earth and eradicate it? The characters of both sides are all memorable and all have an important role in the series. There are no filler episodes here, each episode either moves the plot along or gives the viewer some information and backstory on a main character. Watch this show and you won't be dissapointed.
  • The end of the world as we know it. Two groups battle each other for the fate of the earth, even when the opposing members are old friends and allies.

X is a short anime series. 25 episodes. Perhaps not enough to really understand the characters to the end but the pace of the show is wonderful in giving the viewer time to let the information sink in. One thing that is interesting about this show is that there is no clear line between the good guys and the bad guys. Even though the world is at stake, one has to wonder if the reasons for its destruction that bad.
    The characters are all unique and bring a large amount of presence with them. I felt kinda bad everytime a character died, because you care for all of them, not just the 'good side'.
    I recommend this show to anyone who like anime or a good drama (despite the fantasy battles).