Pet Peeves/Inconsistencies about the series!

alias_rox

[21]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    PH03N1XFlames wrote:
    Booncy wrote:

- The 4th season premiere, period! Am I the only one who thought it was totally inappropiate to have the season premiere be a 2-parter dedicated to an important part in Evil Xena's past, when the viewers were still on the edge of their seats from the season 3 finale? Seriously I remember when I was 10 years old I was literally counting down the weeks until the season premiere after "Sacrifice" only to be disappointed to have to wait another 2 weeks after the premiere to see the conclusion of the whole Dahak saga. They could've fit "Adventures In The Sin Trade" in another place in season 4.

I disagree with you. No, they couldn't have fit Adventures in the Sin Trade anywhere else. The reason why it was important was to help Xena's search of Gabrielle and how to bring her back. Obviously along the way she gets sidetracked with the Northern Amazons and gets a little caught up in her past. But, the other huge part of Adventures in the Sin Trade was her receiving a prophecy of her and Gabrielle's death thus leading her to know Gabrielle survived. Not to mention this random vision of them throughout season 4 of them getting crucified would have made no sense. I thought it was done well and fit fine in the series. Think about it if they did A Family Affair first, it would have screwed up the timeline of the episodes.

ah but then they could have done what they did with hercules, and make a half season or even just another season. now that would have made my day! ,more xena!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alias_rox

[22]Jul 15, 2007
    i have one. in the episode 10 littel warlords, when ares turns mortal becasue his sword is stolen, he loses his god of war outfit, and is wearing rags. but when he loses his godhood/imortality(same thing) at the end of season five, he is still in his god of war clothes. also, what with the the sword change for ares on hercules and xena. the timeline is the same for both stories, yet the weapons for ares are different. has anyone else noticed this?

gabfan31

[23]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 100
    The sword thing was a clunky bit of something that was necessary for one episode, and was best forgotten, in my opinion. Remember, that episode was something hurriedly put together when Lucy broke her pelvis and had to take some time off. So any inconsistencies in that episode (and there were plenty) should be ignored.

alias_rox

[24]Jul 16, 2007
    gabfan31 wrote:
    The sword thing was a clunky bit of something that was necessary for one episode, and was best forgotten, in my opinion. Remember, that episode was something hurriedly put together when Lucy broke her pelvis and had to take some time off. So any inconsistencies in that episode (and there were plenty) should be ignored.

lucy broke her pelvis????? and what i was referring to with the sword thing, was that on xena, kevin/ares has a completely different sword to when he's on hercules.

alias_rox

[25]Jul 16, 2007
    still on the topic of 10 little warlords, in it, gabrielle does the pinch on a barkeep, but in the season siz 2 part final, becasue gabby doesnt know how to do the pinch, xena shows her how to do it.

SuperSaiyanTien

[26]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 13

That was meant to be comedic, and it was lol

Gabrielle tried to do the pinch, but she couldn't get it to work right, so she just knocked the guy out.

Gabrielle tried the pinch on someone a total of 3 times, before Xena finally taught her in Season 6.

alias_rox

[27]Jul 17, 2007
    SuperSaiyanTien wrote:

That was meant to be comedic, and it was lol

Gabrielle tried to do the pinch, but she couldn't get it to work right, so she just knocked the guy out.

Gabrielle tried the pinch on someone a total of 3 times, before Xena finally taught her in Season 6.

ah that explains it. its been so long (about 6 months, quite possibly longer) since i have seean all of xena. i plan to buy it soon tho. hurry up august 14!!!!!

poisoneyes

[28]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 11

Another time Gabby tried to do the pinch is in Season 6" "Haunting of Amphipolis". Xena went "under" the pinch to go battle Mephistopheles. She had to teach Gabby how to release the pinchand Gabby had a hard time releasing it. She of course finally did. However, Xena put herself under the pinch, and just showed Gabby how to release it.

Edited on 07/19/2007 12:05pm

alias_rox

[29]Jul 19, 2007
    oh yeah now i rememeber. oh and can ayone answer my question about lucy breaking her pelvis?

SuperSaiyanTien

[30]Jul 19, 2007

I don't know the whole story, but somewhere early in season 2, Lucy broke her pelvis doing a stunt with a horse on a TV show (I forget which)

Since "10 Little Warlords" and "Intimate Stranger" were already filmed (Well precreated in drafts), with slightly different plots I might add, Hudson Leik(Callisto), Kevin Smith(Ares), and Renee O Conner(Gabbie) had to fly to new zealand to re-film those two episodes while lucy was recovering, to explain her absence.

alias_rox

[31]Jul 20, 2007
    SuperSaiyanTien wrote:

I don't know the whole story, but somewhere early in season 2, Lucy broke her pelvis doing a stunt with a horse on a TV show (I forget which)

Since "10 Little Warlords" and "Intimate Stranger" were already filmed (Well precreated in drafts), with slightly different plots I might add, Hudson Leik(Callisto), Kevin Smith(Ares), and Renee O Conner(Gabbie) had to fly to new zealand to re-film those two episodes while lucy was recovering, to explain her absence.

ah, i see. that explains the whole xena in callisto's body thing! thanks tien

SuperSaiyanTien

[32]Jul 20, 2007

I believe that the Xena scene at the end of "10 little warlords" wasrecycled from a previous episode.

Invisibleman55

[33]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    I thought it was odd that although Xena was supposed to be a protege of Ares, she apparently didn't meet him until The Reckoning and even then, she didn't recognise him immediately.

harryathouse

[34]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 18

The fact that Tauros is never metioned until "Old Ares Had A Farm", when Xena said that her and her two brothers used to gather around the fire. He isn't even mentioned whenever Xena talks about Lyceus! In "The Haunting Of Amphipolis", Xena sees a vision of when Lyceus was killed. Cyrene says "He was the only thing I had" and then slaps Xena. What about Tauros? A character who is this closely related to a main character of a show can't be this overlooked, surely.

Another thing is how much they used the same actors for different characters! For example, the man in "Callisto", Melas, who lost his son was played by Ian Hughes. He also played Mac in "Send In The Clones" and Diomedes in "The Black Wolf". So that's three characters in all and still it's too much! This happened alot throughout the series, and it was a very big inconsistoncy that bugged me a lot throughout the show's run.

poisoneyes

[35]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    harryathouse wrote:

The fact that Tauros is never metioned until "Old Ares Had A Farm", when Xena said that her and her two brothers used to gather around the fire. He isn't even mentioned whenever Xena talks about Lyceus! In "The Haunting Of Amphipolis", Xena sees a vision of when Lyceus was killed. Cyrene says "He was the only thing I had" and then slaps Xena. What about Tauros? A character who is this closely related to a main character of a show can't be this overlooked, surely.

On the contrary Harry.... OH, that rhymes! LOL

Toris was actually mentioned in Season 1. He was in the episode "Death Mask". However, there was no other mentions of him after that episode.

TeemerDJ

[36]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    alias_rox wrote:
    SuperSaiyanTien wrote:

As i've said before...

The real season 3 ending should have been one that I fan made (I fan made 2 episodes of Xena) Which were "Long live the Queen" which had Xena riding with Ares after what Gabrielle did.

Then the Season 4 opener should have been Sacrifice.

when did you fan make these eps and can you share them my way?

ditto and can i share with you guys my Virtual Seasons 7-9 also???

breezy2281

[38]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 19
    Booncy wrote:

Here are mine:

- The fact that after the season 2 premiere "Orphan of War" and on almost all of the little history we learned about Xena's past in season 1 is never mentioned again in her timeline as Evil Xena.

- The fact that there are important men mentioned (and seen) from Evil Xena's past who we don't exactly know where to place into the timeline: (i.e.: Marcus - HER TRUE SOULMATE (screw the idea of that being Gabrielle), Draco, Petricles, etc.)

- The fact that we have these random guest stars who were also a part of Evil Xena's past later on in the series, but it's still questionable where she met them in her past (i.e: Tala from "Animal Attraction", that warlord (I forget his name?) "Little Problems")

- The 4th season premiere, period! Am I the only one who thought it was totally inappropiate to have the season premiere be a 2-parter dedicated to an important part in Evil Xena's past, when the viewers were still on the edge of their seats from the season 3 finale? Seriously I remember when I was 10 years old I was literally counting down the weeks until the season premiere after "Sacrifice" only to be disappointed to have to wait another 2 weeks after the premiere to see the conclusion of the whole Dahak saga. They could've fit "Adventures In The Sin Trade" in another place in season 4.

i do agree with that, Adventures in the Sin trade could have been put somewhere after we found out what happened to gabrielle

breezy2281

[39]Feb 23, 2009
    alias_rox wrote:
    PH03N1XFlames wrote:
    Booncy wrote:

- The 4th season premiere, period! Am I the only one who thought it was totally inappropiate to have the season premiere be a 2-parter dedicated to an important part in Evil Xena's past, when the viewers were still on the edge of their seats from the season 3 finale? Seriously I remember when I was 10 years old I was literally counting down the weeks until the season premiere after "Sacrifice" only to be disappointed to have to wait another 2 weeks after the premiere to see the conclusion of the whole Dahak saga. They could've fit "Adventures In The Sin Trade" in another place in season 4.

I disagree with you. No, they couldn't have fit Adventures in the Sin Trade anywhere else. The reason why it was important was to help Xena's search of Gabrielle and how to bring her back. Obviously along the way she gets sidetracked with the Northern Amazons and gets a little caught up in her past. But, the other huge part of Adventures in the Sin Trade was her receiving a prophecy of her and Gabrielle's death thus leading her to know Gabrielle survived. Not to mention this random vision of them throughout season 4 of them getting crucified would have made no sense. I thought it was done well and fit fine in the series. Think about it if they did A Family Affair first, it would have screwed up the timeline of the episodes.

ah but then they could have done what they did with hercules, and make a half season or even just another season. now that would have made my day! ,more xena!

that is a good point though

breezy2281

[40]Feb 23, 2009

Invisibleman55 wrote:
    I thought it was odd that although Xena was supposed to be a protege of Ares, she apparently didn't meet him until The Reckoning and even then, she didn't recognise him immediately.

i found that odd too