We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Xena 2011 Movie Campaign

poisoneyes

[1]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 11

Hey Xena fans! There is a new group on facebook trying to start a new movie campaign for Xena! Check it out! Would be great to see the Xenaverse light up again! And hopefully this forum as well!!

Check it out on facebook Xena2011MovieCampaign.

Hope to see you there!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drlowdon

[2]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 8

Would love to see a Xena movie but seems unlikely after the series ended so long ago. Maybe with Sam Raimi's Hollywood connections though?

poisoneyes

[3]Jun 17, 2011
    • level: 11
    There is still a demand for a movie, even though the show ended so long ago. That is what the cause of these petitions are, to try to show the owners of the rights of the show that there is still a fan base that would like to see a movie made!

drlowdon

[4]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 8

I am not sure how much attention movie execs pay to audiences and there are partitions for loads of shows to be revived. I would love to see Xena, Firefly, Quantum Leap and plenty of other shows given the movie treatment but won't hold my breath. I will wish you good luckthough and I hope you succeed.

saicr

[5]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 10

A Xena movie would be great, but the people in charge said that they could not do it because of franchise ownership, and in recent years, Rob Tapert said that too much time has passed and it will never happen. The show has been over for ten years, they probably wouldn't even be able to do the show justice anymore, he magic is gone. Even Lucy Lawless has said that it's too late.

Edited on 08/09/2011 1:51am

MajLorne

[6]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 21
    Much as I loved the show, I can't see them making a full length movie for theaters. I could see at best a made for tv movie, but that's about it. I can't see them bringing back an older Xena and Gabby. Plus given how the recent Charlie's angels show flopped, I can't see them rebooting the show with new actors either.

sheba60

[7]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 1

While it's a good idea in theory, it's not going to happen. Not only are the other respondents correct about the ownership problems, Lucy has already stated that she does not want to do the physical training required to do so. She states that while she loved the actors and the crew and loves the fan, she hated the workout regimen. And now, considering she's close to 45 -- albeit a fabulously youthful-looking 45 -- and Renee is over 40, I can understand her point. And, enough time hasn't passed between the end of the show and now for younger actresses to do the roles; I don't think the audience would be interested. Try again in ten years.

shilllsing

[8]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 9
    It ended perfectly. Besides that, the actors are too old, Kevin Smith is dead, and there's just no reason to do it. In that story universe, there are 5 Hercules movies, 6 Hercules seasons, 6 Xena seasons, 1 Young Hercules movie, 1 big season of Young Hercules. And then that last episode of Xena was a movie. 'A FRIEND IN NEED' WAS THE XENA MOVIE.

You have 7 movies and 13 seasons of that universe. The stories are told. It's over. Enjoy all that exists. The story is complete.

Yaspaa

[9]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 80
    @drlowdon - Em, have you seen Serenity?