Xena: Warrior Princess

Purity (1)

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 08, 1999 on

7.6
  • Power Play!!

Purity-Xena, Gabrielle and Joxer journey to Chin, when Lao Mao's daughter summons Xena to help protect her mother's book of wisdom from falling into the hands of her evil sister.

This episode sees the return to Chin, and I know many fans didn't like this episode and the next, but I rather enjoyed them very much! I love the idea of Lao Ma having twin daughters(Pao Ssu and K'sao Hsin), and the actress plays both sisters very well. Of course, one of them turns out to be evil, what a shock? But what's interesting is the introduction of black powder, which is used as a powerful weapon for Pao Ssu's army! But what I like the most is Xena and K'sao Hsin learning how to use Lao Ma's power, and how they are the Hawk and Dove that must become one. Joxer and Gabrielle provide some pretty funny humor, with Gabrielle feeling around Joxer's pants and his reaction, LOL!! I like how the episode ends with Xena and K'sao Hsin having a power battle with Pao Ssu, which has some beautiful costumes and special effects. All in All, watch this episode despite what fans think of it!!