Xena: Warrior Princess

Remember Nothing

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1996 on

• 2nd episode of Season 2, Xena and Gabrielle find themselves heading to the Temple Of The Fates. Upon getting to the Temple, the Temple is attacked and Xena and Gabrielle do what they do best…. Protect.

This is our first encounter with the Fates, and we learn how cryptic they can be. They allowed Xena to go back to a time where Xena never became a warrior. They took her back to when her brother Lyceus was still alive. The conditions of Xena staying in that time is to never shed blood in rage…. Never be a warrior. This of course all comes with a price…..
    Instead of losing her brother, Xena quickly learns that her mother is dead. She is very upset and realizes that Gabrielle is not in her life either. Xena is trying to adjust to this "new" life when she realizes that Gabrielle is still around, but as a slave to a Warlord. Xena then does everything she can to save Gabrielle, who does not even know Xena, from the life of a slave.
    I think this is such a great episode. One of the first episodes that puts Xena and Gabrielle's love to the test, and that they are destined to be together. The back story was interesting as well, but not the main point of the episode. I think that it was meant to show that no matter what, Xena and Gabrielle belong together. All in all, this is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series, and the first in an "alternate" life. "Remember Nothing" stands at best in this category of episodes, only to be surpassed by Season 6 "When Fates Collide".
    In a funny little bit about the opening scenes…. Gabrielle is still in her Season 1 peasant clothes while traveling with Xena!!!