Xenosaga Forums

TV Asahi (ended 2005)

Any news on when the next set of episodes will be released

Max42

[1]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    I just want to know because i just finished the thrid game and i relay like this series
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dessa

[2]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 10
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier, the site wouldn't let me in for about a week or so (either it wouldn't let me log in for some reason, or my computer just couldn't find it).

For the anime, there won't be any more episodes. Ever. The anime bombed. Most fans of the game hated it, and it didn't pull in new viewers. Add that to the fact that it was airing when Episode II came out, and Episode II bombed in Japan as well (it did better in the US, but not by much), that just drove more fans away from the series.

If we're lucky, Episode III will garner enough sales to get them to consider at least bringing Episodes I & II for the DS and Pied Piper for Mobile (but I'd rather see it in a non-mobile form) to the US. And if we're lucky after that, we might get the series continued, but it's not likely.

[edit] Prompted by something on the official Xenosaga forums, I wrote a new blog, that addresses the idea of continuing or making a new anime. You might be interested in it.
    Edited on 09/28/2006 11:31pm

RentonElric

[3]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 32
    That's true, I myself hate this series, but I like the video games.