Xiaolin Showdown

Chucky Choo

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Feb 11, 2006 on The WB

• Silly, but still good. Dojo and the monks encounter an old friend of Dojo's who 'used to' be a con-dragon. But the encounter becomes regrettable when Chucky's past cons to Jack and Wuya get him on their hit list.

7.1
    If you can get over the fact that this episode is really just a filler, then you'll enjoy it. You see, I have a rule before I judge a cartoon episode: Always see it a second time before a final decision, as I find that I'm too critical the first time I watch. This was one of those times.

This episode was funny, friendly (without making you want to vomit) and still delivered a somewhat decent (though still sparse in comparison) amount of action to the field.

I'll start with the negatives first for the sake of novelty. First was Jack's somehow increased stupidity; the 'I can't see you' trick will work on a toddler but not a teen criminal, no matter how dense.
    Next was the lack of a bigtime villain; I know Bean wouldn't have worked here, but Chase has had maybe three appearances in this season and I'm starting to forget about him.
    And how could there be a showdown from the Orb of Tornami if it was supposedly a fake? That undermines a whole lot of Showdown rules, I'm sure. I need my own Xiaolin Rulebook.

Other than that, it was good. Cyclops sticking his hands up in surrender (not knowing that he had the advantage) was hilarious, especially since Wuya had to explain to him that fact. And Dojo's 'no good yo-yo thief!' line was pretty funny, too. I don't know why; it just sounds funny coming from a mystical dragon.