Xiaolin Showdown

Oil in the Family

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Nov 12, 2005 on The WB

• ok

A new Shen-Gong-Wu is revealed, the Rio Reverso! A Wu that can change any object into its original form. Jack goes after it and with some help from Wuya Jack recieves the Rio Reverso. Jack plots a plan to make an army of baby Dinosaurs made from oil. Wuya steals Jacks Rio Reverso and Wuya steals Jacks idea of an army of Dinosaurs and she ends up creating an adult T-Rex. My favorite part of this episode is when we see the original form of the chicken which turns into an egg then a chicken then an egg and so on.
  • great

il ike this episode but it is unaperated i dont know why but for me it stands out not for others i dont know why i think its they think its average i think it is realy above adverage the episode is about a new sheg gong wu the rio revso is revie jack finds out he can turn oil o dinosuars so plans to make an army of them but wuya rio revso and and steals plan after that raimudo has a show with a dinosuars raimudo wins very and inesting thats my review hoped you like it peace out,irockout1
  • another perfect raimundo episode

dino vs rai perfect idea great episode 10 I did'nt know Rai could play checkers and the wu was kinda named after where he lives Rio revers a perfect idea good episode and that is all I have to say about this episode well that was my review good bye.
  • This episode is about a new wu that makes a thing to it's original form.

• An interesting, epsiode. it defies reality a bit (I know every epsiode of Xiaolin Showdown does, but this one defies common sense a bit, too).

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. I thought oil came from dead fish, not dinosaurs! And also, if the T-Rex was female, how come it had a male English accent? The dinosaur was quite funny though, and Jack is quite funny too (but when isn't he funny?) The Xiaolin Showdown was certainly good, but since I know a lot about chess, I would, while other people who don't know about it may not approve as much. Also, an interesting new use for the Eagle Scope. I think the idea for the Rio reversal is great, but it ever more makes me wonder how these Shen Gon Wu even work. Oh well, yet another mystery that will never be solved ^_^. There are some better episodes,but this was good nonetheless.
  • THE DINOS WERE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

I want a little dino^^
    anyway making them from oil was cool cause it shows that the ppl who write it know about the flood (in the bible) that got most of the dinos killed and turned them into oil (send me a message if you need me to explain) anyway some ppl are saying why didn't wuya use the retro reverso on herself? well what if she did and it turned her into a baby huh? anywho it might not have i don't know
    ---------------------
    The showdown in this one was really cool and i especially like that quote
    "Omi: I didn't know raimundo could play chess.
    kimico: I didn't know raimundo could do something with his mind."
    ---------------------
    Wuya had a really good idea using the ruby of ramsies on jack i never thought you could do that before or use it to make you fly i think i like the ROR 3rd on my list of Shen gong wu now!

anyway bye for now

Kimmy^^
  • Amusing, but lacks the finesse of many other episodes. And it's the EGG, THE EGG!! DINOSAURS = EGGS!! Besides, the British don't speak like that...

I did find this episode amusing, as the 'what came first: the chicken or the egg?' question doesn't get answered (it's the egg, you fools! Dinosaurs laid eggs, didn't they?!) and it shows how good a chess player Raimundo is (were all those moves legal, by the way? I'm sure the last one definitely wasn't!), but it wasn't a spectacular episode by any means. I have yet to see the third season, living in Britain, but if this is anything to go by, I am concerned. Nevertheless, not a bad little episode. The animation was up to scratch, the fake accent on the Dino was TERRIBLE (we do not talk like that!!) but predictably so (sigh)...
    Yeah, can't think of anything else good to say, except that the dinosaurs were kinda cute...
  • Really good!

Jack snatches a new wu again,the Rio Reverso which makes objects turn into there original form. When Wuya steals it,she turns some oil into its original form, a huge dino!(Jack does this too but dosent create very big dinos) Raimundo then challenges the dinosaur that betrayed Wuya to a xiaolin showdown for the rio reverso. The dinosaurs changing chopsticks against Raimundos Ruby of Ramses. Who will win? Watch and find out. This episode is full of action and laughs,so why dont you take on my offer?
  • New wu Rio Reverso

A new Shen-Gong-Wu is revealed, the Rio Reverso! A Wu that can change any object into its original form. Jack goes after it and with some help from Wuya Jack recieves the Rio Reverso. Jack plots a plan to make an army of Dinosaurs made from oil. Wuya steals Jacks Rio Reverso and Wuya steals Jacks idea of an army of Dinosaurs and she ends up creating a T-Rex. How will the Wudai Warriors face this Dinosaur?
  • In thisi episode Wuya and jack were in it and A ne wu Reaveled its self. It was the Rio Reverso. Thanks to Wuya jack got the Rio first. Raimundo had another one of his "spasm's". Omi said one of the three mos craziest lines. It worked out well. End.

7.6
    This episode was one of those episodes they do to take up some space in the slots. It began ok but then the end was a little...well you know. It was funny what omi said but that was about the only laugh in the epsiode. I kind of like the idea of wuya and jack working together. I hope we see more of that. I pretty sure that the Rio Reverso will never be seen again like the sun chi lantern or the shard of lightning.
  • A new SGW is revealed, the Reo Reverso. Jack gets it first, with a little help from Wuya, and he starts turning oil into dinosaurs. Then, Wuya steals the Reo Reverso and turns an oil platform into a t-rex...

I think that this was not one of the best xs shows that they have showed, it was kinda silly..
    The end surprised me, since Wuya and Jack were both cast off into the ocean the size of a grain of rice....i didnt think that Chase would try to get rid of Wuya.

I was confused about the oil turing into dinosaurs. Wouldnt it just turn into rock, or fossils? Then again, dinosaurs kind of are fossils...
    When Jack used the reo reverso on a chicken, I thought it would turn into a dinosaur because that is its closest relative. Then again, we did learn which came first...the CHICKEN and the EGG!
  • What came first? The chicken or the egg?

This episode was so funny and cool at the same time. The part that really cracked me up was when Jack used Reo Reverso to find out what came first the chicken or the egg? Turns out the chicken changed in to egg and then egg chanded in to chicken again in never ending cycle. Wonder what happen to that chicken? Well it was so funny. I never heard of a dino chess before. Well this was cool episode.
  • Some slight changes and I'll call it good.

First off. I liked Jacks idea of creating a whole lot of dinosaurs for an army. But Typically they were distracted by what? A butterfly? Ooookkaaayy.. Plus, the dinos were too small.

When the Ryo Reverso was used again. Wuya using it she made a Huge Dinosaur (T-Rex). I liked how Chase showed us a new abilitie of the Eagle Scope. Turning a new outlook on things for T-Rex. It was funny when the dinosaur was about to eat them and the Xiaolin Monks (except Omi) didn't care.

I didn't like how the producers picked the T-Rex a British acent. Why a british accent why don't just make him talk E-N-G-L-I-S-H.

When the Wudai Warriors were fighting the Dinosaur (T-Rex) I thought omi was gonna get killed using the Shimo Staff against him and almost gettin' eatin! Then when Clay used the Big Bang Meteorang he flew into pieces. Rai eventually saved Omi by using the Blade of the Nebula. When Kimiko used the Arrow Sparrow it scared me! They were around OIL! That is NOT Fire-Proof!! Then it turned out that the Dinosaur blew it back to them.

Kimiko used a New Wudai Attack then! The Wudai Fire Shield! It saved their butts. Then T-Rex and Rai had a showdown. The Showdown was okay. They need to explain that chess game a little better before we watch them play it. Rai ending up winning by doing some sort of move.

They should of killed the T-Rex or something better then turning the dinosaurs small and keeping them as pets. Simple, use the T-Rex for security of the Shen-Gong-Wu Volt. Then the little dinos will be security for the Wudai Warriors.

Overall, the Ryo Reverso probably won't use it again. Just like a lot of the wu. I will be surprised if they use it once again.
  • this has got to be one of the worst episodes ever. a new shen gong wu is revealed but who cares.

this episode is the first episode in a while to reveal a new shen gong wu but its used in such a stupid way. i thought the last episode, the treasure of the blind swordsman, was a peice of crap but this episode blows the other one right outta the water. i seriously believe the writers have hit rock bottom and are starting to kill the series. the episodes in the beginning of season 3 were excellent but after hannibal bean shows up the episodes turned into crap. what happened? well lets see if the writers can top themselves next week. and i sure hope they prove me wrong because this is an excellent show and i hate to see it go to waste.
  • A New WU!

I enjoyed this episode, especially the return of my favorite character, Chase! (He is so cute and cool!!!) I also enjoyed the exchange between Jack and Chase. It reminded me of the old days, calling him 'worm' and 'insect'. I wondered how long the relationship between Chase and Wuya would last.
    Wuya was plain dumb to think she could pull the wool over Chase's eyes. He's a strategy genius, which is why I love him. I also like them showing that Raimundo is more than a hothead, but is a strategist of his own.

We'll see how far this takes us.
  • The Reo Reverso... ...oil is made out of dinosaurs?

6.6
    Cool episode! Bad ending! I liked the whole idea of Wuya controlling Jack with The Ruby Of Ramses and I also liked the Reo Reverso! The Yes-Bot returns ;), but he doesn't do anything! Plus, the chicken-egg first appears! However, I don't quite understand how to make oil out of a dinosaur. Is that even possible?! (that is why I titled this review "Alternate Reality") Anyway, the whole mini-dinos thing didn't fly and the showdown could have been better :(. Hey! Wouldn't it be cool to have a five-way Xiaolin Showdown ? Chase vs. Wuya vs. T-rex vs. Jack vs. one of the monks. And that my friends, cocludes my review!
  • I really liked the episode and the Showdown was cool.

The Ryo Reverso was pretty neat and I really enjoyed the showdown with T-Rex vs. Rai (favorite character) and won. It's weird how T-Rex has a male voice but is actually a female, I think.

The Brittish acent on the dinosaur was funny and so is Wuya using the Ruby of Ramses to use Jack against the Wudai Warriors. I didn't even know that the Eagle Scope could make the dinosaur talk like that. It's so cool!

Also, at the end when they miniature-rized all the dinos and put them in a tank was sooooo cute!!! I wish I had some of them.

So you can tell, I enjoyed this episode very much. I wonder how the next one will turn out. Hmm...
  • One of the best beginnings to an episode, with a horrible ending.

Okay, I really hate Chase Young. I hate how afraid Wuya is of him. Get a back-bone, Wuya! You were powerful enough to match the greatest Xiaolin Monk in history, surely you can atleast try to face tall dark and boring.

It was cool when he was flying and such, but why didn't Wuya use the Reo Reverso on herself? Wouldn't that have given her back her powers?

Great episode, well written, great climax with the confrontation between Chase and Wuya. Bad conclusion, ending shouldv'e revealed a more sinister plot than just Chase Young trying to kill Wuya. Such a mixed bag episode, really disappointed me at the end.