Xiaolin Showdown

The Life and Times of Hannibal Roy Bean

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Oct 01, 2005 on The WB

• Hannial Roy Bean appears.

The monks go to the ying yang world. Meanwhile, Jack Spicer is also there and meets one of his favorite villain heroes, Hannibal Roy Bean, who is in fact a bean. He's all trapped and wants to get out. He tricks Jack into freeing him and takes on his form. He later tricks the monks into believing that he is Jack Spicer. They fight him, but Hannibal Bean is stronger than he looks. To make even more confusion, he poses as Clay. Chase Young attacks, to reveal the truth. After a brawl, Hannibal leaves, and Chase Young gives the monks a distrubing message about the threat.
  • Raimundo, Kimiko, Omi, Clay, and Dojo travel to the Ying Yang to retrieve their Shen Gong Yu from a parrot. There they discover the real origin of how Chase Young turned to the Heylin Side.

I can't believe Chase Young actually believed everything Hannibal Roy Bean said about Master Monk Guan. It so doesn't make sense, how can you compare a several year friendship with an encounter with Hannibal Bean? Hello! Hannibal is the bad guy! If I were him I would anaylze the situation, look back at all the good times I had with Guan, and send Hannibal Bean to the Ying Yang world while I was on the side of good. That way I wouldn't have to hunt down dragons and be the most hated guy in Xiaolin history. Don't you agree? I mean there is nothing more important than friendship.
  • sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

The Moby Morpher Shen-Gong-Wu was activated, and Kimiko managed to get it, but the Ying-Ying Bird takes it to Hannibal Roy Bean and he was released from the prison and now he's out bringing evil to the world. Okay, then...it all started when the warriors were training with the Sweet Baby Among Us, then Dojo sensed a new Shen-Gong-Wu, the Moby Morpher. Kimiko managed to get it from Wuya after a Xiaolin Showdown, but Jack\'s new \"pet\" took it and fled to the Ying-Yang World and took it to Hannibal Roy Bean, a creature that turned Chase Young evil. The warriors freed him and unleashed the greatest evil. Raimundo says that it\'s the end of the world, but Chase says it\'s far worse than the end of the world, far worse. I love the episode. It was great!
  • This episode is about an evil villain Hannibal Roy Bean which turned Chase Young evil.

This episode is about an evil villain Hannibal Roy Bean which turned Chase Young evil. A new Shen-Gong-Wu, the Moby Morpher, has been revealed. Kimiko manages to get it, but it is soon stolen by the Ying-Ying Bird. The bird takes it to Hannibal Roy Bean -- the villain who turned Chase Young evil -- in the Ying-Yang World. Hannibal Bean then tricks Jack into freeing him from the Ying-Yang World, and now Bean plans to unleash a new type of evil on the world. My favorite part of this episode is when Jack Spicer is tricked by Hannibal Roy Bean. I hope you liked this episode.
  • The Moby Morpher Shen-Gong-Wu was activated, and Kimiko managed to get it, but the Ying-Ying Bird takes it to Hannibal Roy Bean and he was released from the prison and now he's out bringing evil to the world.

• Confusing in a good way, but could use work.

6.8
    Overall, I was just totally like, "Jeez, I have no idea what in the world is going on!"
    Why was Rai sassing Master Fung in the beginning? It misleads the audience to the conclusion that Raimundo needs attitude adjustments.
    Oh boy, the parrot again. What I sort of don't get is the inconsistance of linguisity. At the volcano, Clay used the Fist of Tebigong, and then said "Earth." Kimiko used the Star Hanabi, and then said "Fire." Rai and Omi use the Sword of the Storm and the Orb of Tornami, and where do the "Wind" and "Water" go? Good question.
    Why does Wuya have the Yang Yo-Yo and Kimiko the Ying? I thought it should have been the other way around. Since when, after the showdown, did they turn back to their regular souls?
    What is up with the suit, and the spitting out of Hannibal...and "Roy"? Jeez, that's just random. They also should have filled us in better about the good Jack. Oh by the way, he would look like a nerd without that face marking.
    Clay didn't use his Wudai Crater...Earth's my favorite element.
    It's cool that Bean can only be efficient with the use of the Moby Morpher, but that's pretty much the only good part in this plot. I've seen much better days.
  • Jack's parrot apparently is the Ying Yang bird, the monks follow it into the Ying Yang World. They accidently let out Hannibal Roy Bean, a new villian. HRB has the Moby Morpher so he escapes the Y/Y World with the monks. Chase tries to finish him off, bu

6.2
    It was an all right episode, not the worst I've seen but not the best. We learn more about Chase Young's past, and why he joined the Heylin side. A new villian is introduced, Hannibal Roy Bean. But he's a bean! I dont think HRB will become a very good character. There are already numerous villians in Xiaolin Showdown, some who are brilliant and some who we could have done without. HRB appears to be one of those villians who we can do without.
  • After defeating Wuya in a showdown, Kimiko retrieves the Moby Morpher for the team, only Jack's new parrot steals their Wu, Wuya's or Chase's as he so often reminds her. It's revealed that Hannibal Roy Bean turned Chase, not a demon lord with a magical Po

This episode was great. It was funny and had many hilarious points. Wuya adds a nice annoyment element to the 'Ultra bad guy'ness of Chase Young and with the addition of Hannibal Roy Bean it's going to get interesting. There were a few less Omi mix up with the sayings, but ones he makes are great. It's a bit hard to believe that an evil kidney bean with a southern accent is a serious threat, but with the Moby Morpher it's more believable. If there's one thing that I wish would change would be that Chase would stop calling Omi 'Little One' that's annoying. It's a bit too serious and needs more humor, but it's bound to get better.
  • An Evil Legume is freed from the Ying-Yang World. Not a good thing for Evil Everlord Chase Young, given that he's the one who trapped Hannibal Roy Bean there in the first place.

5.5
    This episode was a huge continuity flaw pretty much all the way through.

Any XS community on the 'net has already picked it apart. Despite the fact that Chase Young featured heavily in this episode, the absence of continuity is enough to make any logical person bang their head against a wall repeatedly.
  • Nice but has its flaws.

7.3
    Finally we see a strong villian other than chase young! We also learn how chase turned evil, and also who turned chase evil! Even though this episode had a great conclusion and gave us a lot of inside info it still has its flaws like:
    1. how did wuya get the ying yo yo? didn't the monks have that?
    2. how did the monks get the ring of the nine dragons?
    3. how could chase tell clay was the hannibal bean using the moby morpher?
    4. how did wuya get so strong?
    5. why did they change the ying yang world's theme music?
    6. the cliff hanger at the end makes no sense because the next episode starts differently.
  • This was a good episode.

This episode was so good. Proved that Wuya is powerfull without her powers. As always Raimundo is funny and cool and the good Jack was very funny also. A new evil was introduce powerful than last one. He is small but powerful. Wish there was more action like in last episode.
  • The Warriors find a new Shen Gong Wu named the Moby Morpher. But it's stolen by Jack's parrot, which turns out to be the mystical

This episode was very intresting and revealing to the chase young story. We discover a villian even more evil than him, yet somehow does not convey the same feeling of doom and clever destruction. As Kimiko said, though Hannibal is powerful, the whole scene is messed up because of the fact that he's"just a bean"! They copied the scene from "Just Jermaine" by having Hannibal do the same blocking attack as Chase did. But when he did it, it had more finesse than Bean's attack. Chase prides himself in not using Shen Gong Wu to win, and is has more honor than Hannibal. Yet, this season is going to be pivitol towards Chase's character. The reappearance of his old mentor might be able to change Chase back to the side of good, as Omi alluded to in the season premiere.
    Seeing good Jack again was fun, as well as visiting the Ying-Yang World, which wasn't as crazy as before. And Wuya can kick butt! Chase must have taught her some moves!

All in all it was a great episode, I only have one question. If Chase is over a thousand and one years old, and he was Master Guan's best friend when he was on the side of good, why is Master Monk Guan STILL alive???
  • This episode expalin how Chase Young turn evil.

I like the new Shen Gong Wu they revealed. The Moby Morpher can also disguise your voice while pretending to be someone or something else. I thought for sure the Yang Yo-Yo is the last Shen Gong Wu. There are so many of these mystical items.

I think the Wudai Warrior saga will be even better than the Xiaolin Apprentice saga. The Dragon X-Kumei Formation has changed to the Wudai Orion Formation. The Wudai elements are stronger than ever. I hope they have more coming soon.
  • So in this episode. A seng gong wu is finally revealed itself after four episodes. The warriors travel to the Ying-Yang world again to seek the missing seng gong wu. But what they don\'t know is who or what is trapped there and what they just unleashed.

This episode was great! It had everything a good episode has. It had action and it keeps you guessing until the next episode.
    Yes, a seng gong wu revealed itself. The Moby Morpher. It allows the user to morph into a person or an animal, possibally an object.
    Even the greats shows can have very unusal things. Dojo said that Chase Young and Master Monk Guan used to be best friends. But Chase has been evil for a thousand years. So does that mean Master Monk Guan has the power of immortality?
    Chase said that the freedom of Hannabil Roy Bean is far more dangerous than the end of the world. We don\'t know what that is yet... The episode ends right here. This ending will keep many of us (including me) guessing until next week. This is why I loved this episode... It keeps you guessing!
    So many questions:
    What happens to the world?
    Will HRB fight with Chase to get revenge?
    Will Master Monk Guan appear?
    Will Chase become good again?
    Will Wuya return to her powerful self?
    Soo many questions!
  • This certaintly was most interesting. And it didn't focus on Omi! Whoooo! So glad that we know a bit of Chase's background, and go to the Heylin side by listening too an two inch accented bean.

This episode was very nice. The showdown was pretty, second time Wuya has lost. I wish it would have been Rai against Wuya though. Their dialouge was the longest. When I saw the commercials I thought he would be holding a serious grudege, instead of showing of his 'muscles'. Good Wuya was sweet. Evil Kimiko was typical. I LOVED seeing good Jack again, and The Moby Morpher. I had the idea of a Transforming Shen Gong Wu, but there goes that. I liked how Hui revealed why Chase turned evil, seeing him take the first sip of Lau Mang Lone Soup was ...wow. And a hefty good episode that doesn't revolve around Omi's big head.

And on a side note, Raimundo should have kept driving the Silver Manta Ray, instead of letting Dojo have at the wheel. I was kinda of mean of Rai to assume Clay of that but he got the job done at least. And we have yet another evil character. Let's list shall we?

We are first introduced to Jack,
    then Wuya,
    Season 2:
    Vlad,
    Pandabubba,
    Cyclops,
    and then Chase, (Jack byu the way HAS NEVER mentioned that he was a fan.)
    Sabeeny,
    Raksha,
    Fearsome Four,
    Clay's sister Jesse,
    Dyris,
    ...Gigi,
    and then the New arrival, Hannibal Roy Bean.

And If I remember, Fung mention Wuay was the Ultimate Evil, then he said the Heylin seed could destroy all, then the spiders, Chase mentions a bad run in with Sabeeny, Fung mentions that Chase is ruthless and evil, and doesn't even Mention Hannibal. And now Chase is like Argh Hannibal! I mnever mentioned him before! He at LEAST could have mention him at his debut.

Bsicaly, a new villain in nearly every episode. If Omi was still a cat I would have been much happier. Noneother the less, this is still good.
  • We find out how Chase became evil and the introduction of Hannibal Roy Bean!

I really liked this episode. The showdown with Kim vs. Wuya with a Meteor Shower! It was an excellent idea because of Wuya turning Good and Kim FINALLY turning Evil!

Wuya was really E-V-I-L in this episode. She proved more of a threat then when she did when she first turned human.

The shen gong wu revealed was a good idea, a confusing idea but good! I really like the Moby Morpher and they FINALLY think of this idea.

After the showdown Jack goes off with the wu and we find out that the parrot is the Ying Ying Bird, and so the tale of Hannibal Roy Bean returns.

Hannibal Roy Bean was very small and I don't know why Chase listened to a bean about 2 inches tall. He thought that would make him better then Master Monk Guan?

Well with the action, suspense and the funny moments. I'd say this is the best suspense and introduction of a character ever in Xiaolin Showdown!
  • Second only to Days Past.

This episode was fabulous. Animation was spot-on, story was amazing, the musical theme for Hannibal Roy Bean was amazing (you rock, Kevin Manthei).

Hannibal Roy Bean is the central focus of this episode. Even though the Showdown between Wuya and Kimiko feels very tacked on, it was still awesome. The real jewel was the fight between Wuya and the Warriors before the showdown. I would have liked to have seen Raimundo make a comment about what Wuya's done to him through the last two seasons. First she read his mind, then she transformed him into her servant, then she tried to kill his friends, then she possesed him. Wuya has alot to answer for in regards to Raimundo. I suppose their little fight scene had the most dialogue, in fact their little fight scene had more dialogue than the showdown itself. Though I kindof wish the showdown had been Raimundo against Wuya.

Some stupid parts:

*Wuya suddenly having the Reversing Mirror in her hands as she exits the Yin-Yang world.
    *Master Munk Guan is over 1500 years old? How did he manage that?
    *Wuya losing her first showdown. It didn't matter who won, after all... so why have Kimiko beat her?

Other than that, this was an amazing episode. Hannibal Roy and Wuya were awesome, we got an insight into Chase Young, and the Shen Gon Wu was probably one of the coolest I have ever seen.

I hope the next episode reveals some more history about the actual characters, and doesn't just completely revolve around Omi.

9.2/10 Second in my mind only to Days Past, and on par with In The Flesh and Citadel of Doom.

• A New Type of Evil is Afoot

I've watched this episode, and I find it really interesting. I never realized that a certain tiny evil is the answer to Chase Young's transformation. My favorite part was the showdown between Kimiko and Wuya. It's second time Wuya fought, but the first time in her physical form. Thanks to Chase, I believe she'll remain solid for a whole while anyways.

I like the new Shen Gong Wu they revealed. The Moby Morpher can also disguise your voice while pretending to be someone or something else. I thought for sure the Yang Yo-Yo is the last Shen Gong Wu. There are so many of these mystical items, I'm not sure which to choose. They're all so great.