Xiaolin Showdown

Treasure of the Blind Swordsman

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Nov 05, 2005 on The WB

• very kool

This episode was pretty good in my opinion. I thought that the blind guardian was hilarious. I liked the idea of the Warriors not being able to master the Weapons just like that (like I've seen in other tv shows).

What I SERIOUSLY loved about this episode was the animation. It was just plain fantastic. The animation of Jack's train thing and the beginning of the Xiaolin Showdown was just awesome. I was always in love with the animation of certain cartoons (one of the main reasons I watch them). Well, going by the animation, this episode had to be one of the best so far.
  • It wasn't too bad or too good. Another quest not enough wu. Has good bits and bad bits.

Well I am from the UK so got to get this episode from the US.

The fact that Omi got his wudai wepon last was obvious. He was so expectant that he'd get it first but alas the writers were against him.

Now The favourite of the wudai wepons would have to be the blade of the nebula. It can be used as a sword (which isn't shown) or as numchuck that can relese a tornado/whirlwing/cyclone.

Clay's wudai wepon was a boomarang with imense power that can split into smaller boomarangs and slice through rock. Big Bang Meteorang...

Kimiko got a small hangbag like object which contains small birds once thorwn catch on fire. Thus the name arrow sparrow.

Poor little Omi getting his wepon last. A small ice like cylindar that can change into many diffrent ice based wepons. Shimo staff.

The main plot of the story was searching for these wudai wepons. Finally at the end of their trails they soon find the treasure of the blind swordsman which is guarded by a funny blind old man. =3 Now either I am lazy or I wouldn't want to spoil your viewing pleasure xD

Overall not a bad episode but all these quests can get on your nerves .__.
  • The Wudai Warriors go off on a quest to find their Wudai Weapons and the Treasure of the Blind Swordsman, overcoming various obsticals that get in their way.

• Wudai Warriors get their Wudai Weapons

Master Fung sends the Warriors on a quest to find the Treasure of the Blind Swordsman. While on their quest, the Warriors will locate their new Wudai Weapons, each chosen for a particular monk. However, with Wuya and Jack hot on their trail, and Hannibal Bean secretly plotting something of his own, will the Warriors be able to succeed?
  • Revealing of Information and Debates.

This episode was very good.

I was laughing at the Blind Old Man especially when the Blind Man had to go to the bathroom! I loved that part!

The Wudai Weapons were great! The Big Bang Meteorang can be very dangerous because of it's slicing abilitie. I hope evil never gets that Wudai Weapon! *shudders* The Arrow Sparrow was cool and orginal. I kinda liked how Kim can control the birds of fire to go anywhere you please. But still, another "I hope the heylin side doesn't get that!" Then for the Blade of the Nebula. My Question: How can a Blade turn into Nunchucks? Why don't just call is Nunchucks of the Nebula but I'm not the producer. The Shimo Staff has to be my favorite. All the weapons that that Wudai Weapon can turn into is amazing numbered very high. I really hope the Heylin Side gets these Wudai Weapons and use it against the Xiaolin side. It will add to the drama of the show.

The way the Map of the Treasure of the Blind Swordsman acted like. Was like a moving Shen-Gong-Wu Scroll. Pretty interesting.

The troubles the Monks went threw was kinda cool. The Picture Ghost, Cactus Monsters, Rattlesnakes and a Cave.

This show built up a debate. Are the Wudai Weapons Shen-Gong-Wu? I don't think so. How could they be? Then another debate: Is the Treasure of the Blindswordsman a wu? I will say "NO" until anyone can prove otherwise.

The Showdown was cool. It proved that you can see without your eyes. Even against two evil heylins. The showdown was actually good. Surprising.
  • wow, wudi weapons....sweet!

cool omi, kim, caly and rai have new wudi weapons! FAR OUT!

-Omi's plain but powerful Shimo Staff.
    -Kimiko's fire birds, Arrow Sparrow
    -Rai's new and improved sword the Sword of the Nebula
    -and Clay's boomarang with a twist that can break mountains and catis down, the Big Bang Meteorang

all this put together into one funny and interesting episode: Tresure of the Blind Snowman
  • Not one the greatest XS episodes I've seen

3.7
    Wudai Weapons? Does this mean the writers admit they're running out of ideas for Shen Gong Wu? This episode felt rather stretched out. I give this episode a few good points for the music.

Although it was nice to see more of Human Wuya, this is not of my favorite episodes. It's nice to see Hannibal becoming more involved, but where was his rival, Chase Young? This gives me some hope that the next episode will be better.

I hope Christy Hui and the other writers are seriously reading the fan mail or else they will lose out on seriously appealing to the older fans.
  • The monks go on their second wudai quest anmd find their wudai weapons

7.3
    The ep was okay certain points were funny while certain points seemed all to serious to me (but thats my opinion). They seem to go to the same places time and time again. Now their back in Texas to find these weapons. What do they have a deal to go to certain places each and every season.
    There was a few funny points in the ep like when Omi kept thinking that each weapon was his but when they found his it was a dinky little staff thing. Also it was amusing with the blind dude not knowing where he was or what he was doing. Otherwise the ep was average in my book.
  • Yet again, the monks go on a Wudai quest. This time to find their new Wudai weapons.

This episode was some what dissapointing. I thought something more serious was going to happen. However, all that happened was that the monks went on another "Wudai Quest". Raimundo had the coolest weapon... I wished Omi had that weapon. After they each recieved their own weapon (or shen gong wu), Jack appeared and stole their Shen Gong Wu. All the warriors were left with now are the new wu that they have absolutely no idea how to use and a treasure box which also they dont' know how to use. Raimundo discovers how to use it and the ghost inside teaches them how to use their new wu. With their new wu our monks again defeats Jack and this time was more in style. Sure this episode sounds pretty good, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
  • Great episode!

Great episode. Omi and the gang must set out on a quest for the treasure of the blind swordsmen. On the way, they must find their wudai weapons, but they are protected by rattlesnakes, a ghost and a monster cactus. Awesome showdown too, that blind man was good. I can't wait for the next episode.
  • I thought this episode was okay, the weapons were sort of cool, but ever sice the monks became wudai warriors all they do is go on quests. If I'm not mistaken, only the moby morpher has been revealed and only Hannibal bean uses it.

7.2
    I thought this epsisode was okay. The weapons were really cool. Omi's was a little barbaric though. There are too many quests in season three and hardly any new shen gong wu. It also should've had Chase in it. He adds a certain spark to this show.

Clay's weapon was the Big Bang Metorang which I thought fit him, it was really cool too.
    Rai's was the Blade of the Nebula, it looked a little weak
    Kimiko's was the arrow sparrow- It was awesome and Kimiko was really funny when she used it.
    Omi's was the Shimo Staff- Like I sair, I think it's barbaric and strange.
    I hope Wuya gets her powers back soon because it would be cool to have an ultimate showdown between Chase, Bean, and Wuya.
  • It didn't have Chase Young in it!

An interesting episode where the Wudai Warriors get their own Wudai Weapons. Rai found his first! Kimiko after that, Clay next and not too surprisingly Omi found his last. This is an okay episode but I love how Omi gets what he deserves by getting his last. This episode just so happened to omit Chase Young however! Chase Young was only mentioned. I don't understand how Wuya and Chase are evil partners again because to me it seems Chase Young wouldn't want to welcome Wuya back after she left him for Hannibal Bean. I also don't understand how the Xiaolin Warriors got back the Shen Gong Wu stolen from them in Omi Town. All in all the weapons were pretty cool, but they should have included Chase Young.
  • Yeah, I'm not going to claim this isn't the most biased review I've ever written.

5.3
    I honestly despised this episode. Mostly had to do with Wuya. I wish they'd do more with her, or just leave her on the sidelines. Though my fan-boy theory is that she lost intentionally to give HRB time to get the treasure chest. Yes, that's it.

Some really, really funny lines in this episode, though. Especially between Jack and Wuya. However, I think Wuya needs to be LESS funny in a pathetic way, she should be funny in a creepy-ironic way.

The line "We have ways of making you talk... evil ways." is obviously a spoof of what she says in Citadel of Doom, but it's supposed to be silly.

Overall, didn't like this episode, but it was because Wuya was so out of character. It really wasn't all that bad if you're not a fan of Wuya.
  • They already did this episode...

I'll compare with you this episode with the episode of Birds of Paradise:

On both episodes the Wudai Warriors go out to seek a treasure and both times, it is not what it seems, (bird of paradise and the treasure of the blind swordsman), both times they go on a quest and end up finding new wudai powers, at the end of both episodes, Hannibal ROy Bean's evil plots start...