X-Men

FOX (ended 1997)

QuackIV

X-Men Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• this show is awsome.

I love the Xmen and am a big fan of the comics. I own Comics in the form of books. I have number 96 of the new series to 270 I think. I love the comics and watch clips of the show on www.youtube.com I love the comics and the show is based on the comics. I like Evlotion but the classics are way better. I love marvel I like Xmen and Spiderman the best though. I really enjoy comic con too. I think the show is awsome even if I have only seen a few episodes. I hope that they make more Xmen Shows soon
  • Wonderful. This is the first X-men show that I watched and will always be my favorite of all that come after.

I love this show. Fun for any age, it's action packed and full of the classic marvel characters. This show laid the ground work for the others that came after, such as X-men: Evolution. X-men kept interesting plot lines, gave time for all it's characters, and managed to keep true to who the characters were. This is the only show me and my brother ever agreed on growing up and I am impatiently waiting for DVDs to be released, if they ever will be. I would reccomend this show to any fan of the comics and anyone with kids five and up.
  • X Men will be regarded as one of the best cartoons of the 1990s.

I must say that the X-Men is the best series cartoon ever.

I have just managed to get it on DVD and i recommend it to anyone. It has great story's, some great episodes and fast action. There are so many different characters and so many different special powers that it's difficult to keep up with who has what. Many of the episodes are great, but the best episodes are with mutant Apocalypse. Those episodes have the best stories and best action. Okay all threeh X-Men movies are good, but they can never be as satisfying as X-Men cartoon series. So, if you want good cartoon, which is more mature than average cartoons, it's X-Men.
  • The struggles against mutants and humans is getting powerful, and then you have the x-men. Mutants who realized that peace is all the world needs, but they have to face humans and mutants alike to achive that perfect goal.

You have all the classic characters there. Rouge, Gambit, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Xaviar, and who could ever forget Wolverine! They are all in the constant struggle against evil. They have to face humans trying to destroy all mutants in a bias rage, and multiple mutant plots againt the humans and trying to make the world belong to them. You just can't miss this classic. TV at it's finest is right here, with more than just action scenes you get to see them dealing with their own personal problems. And the plots are always perfect and you always want more. I truely can't say enough positive things about this show, and I have got to say that you just have to watch this show you'll fall in love with it!
  • One of the best superhero shows ever.

X-men TAS is the best version of x-men to ever grace a tv screen. It is also one of the best animated shows to come out of the 90's.

The writing was done very well, allowing enough dialogue for all the team members. They all had their moments througout the series and it was all written very well. The storylines stayed close to the comic book ones, as well. This added alot to the show.

The voice actors all portrayed their characters very well too. Each one brought them to life and made them sound how one would believe they should. From Beast to Wolverine to Morph, they were all done very well.

X-men the animated series is one not to be missed, whether your a fan of superhero's or not. It is well worth a watch through.
  • Faithful presentation of classic X-Tales.

The great thing about this show was how it tried to faithfully present key stories from the comics including the days of future past, and the phoenix saga. Perhaps Jubilee got too much screen time, and greats like Angel and Ice-Man did not get enough, but over the series, I think most of the great X-Men got a spotlight or two. Well done, but not as much for all ages as the Batman animated show that ran at the same time. Still a must see for fans of the X-Men. This show's success really paved the way for the success of the live action movies that followed.
  • kind of old but i love it!

this is one of the first shows i've seen.

i really loved it and wanted to be like storm or roghe lol. they were my heroes.

i stopped whatching it when all the phoenix thing started. i just thought it was way too complicated for the story.

but before that i really loved it. i think i was too young to get wolverine's character so it confused me.

it also kind of scared me, because of the huge and monumental fights and the people with super power that did really bad things. Too muvh power for them.

overall, i really enjoed the show and i would love to whatch re-runs =]
  • The animation is quite dated, the color palette is awful and the late 80\'s or early 90\'s style is really hard to look at. But guess what, it\'s a really good show.

The X-Men. I\'ve always been a fan of Marvel and DC comics. And i\'ve been dissapointed very often, about the various attempts, to make a superhero show. But this..., this is good. Ok, the show is a bit dated and as mentioned in the summary it looks pretty awful nowadays. But forget about the terrible colors and the 90\'s looks. Yeah, you get eye-cancer from watching it ;). The writing is very good, the characters are mostly true to the comic original. The half-hour episodes are working very well. Better as in some other cartoons/animation.
    But there are also some 2 or 3 parters. And the writers used the more time on screen to put together some real good, deep stories.
    I think this is one of the best animated superhero shows out there (always keep in mind, that this series started about 15 years ago). So take a chance and watch it. You won\'t regret it.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english, but it\'s not my mother tongue.
  • I love marvel and of course the X-Men were my favorite of the favorites.

I loved the show from the first episode, which snagged me right away. Jean and Scott's dedication to each other, Wolverien's complex life that made me love him, Jubilee's want to be treated as an adult and to show what she was made of, Storm's appreaction for the world around her, Beast's I better get a dictionary intellect, Gambit's charm and undying love for Rogue, Rogue, the girl who can't touch, but touched so many hearts and Professer X's undying dream for peace made a great storyline.
    I find myself loving all the characters, even if I hate them. Apperances by all my favorite mutants, Pshylocke, Angel, Nightcrawler ect. The complex story line was always fun and intresting to wacth,and so many plot twists. I'm not a violente person, but this is something I shouldn't like but I do. I only wish we had more episodes, but what I really love is that its so closely based on the comics. With other shows, its losely based on the original comics, but this one is sooooo much closer. I had to get the series on DVD. The show did everyone justice, especially my fav Rajun Cajun Gambit. And the way the ended the show, Magneto at Xavier's death bed, its not a happy happy ending most shows have, so its just right. Cause really, the X-Men won't have happy ending, not yet at least. It seemed like every season got better, if possible. I only wish I could see more X-Men.
  • The show features a team line-up similar to that of the early 1990s X-Men comic books, including Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, and Jubilee.

Though they were not part of the X-Men team in the animated series, the following early X-Men characters all starred in at least one episode of the cartoon like Colossus, Nightcrawler, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Archangel, Psylocke, and Bishop. Fox cancelled the series in large part because the network did not like that Marvel Studios controlled their most popular animated series. Thus, they pulled the plug on both X-Men animated series despite the fact that it received good ratings. I think a Marvel series like that was the best ever. The series dealt with issues that are not often dealt with in animated television shows, for example divorce, slavery, and religion, and the ongoing theme of the series is criticism of racism and intolerance. The series was also one of the more diverse shows aired on network television with male and female characters of various ages, ethnic and national backgrounds. It should be brought back with a more updated series not X-men Evolution which was a little dissapointing. A new series where they could cross over more x-men storylines.
  • Excellent animation series. it's a good way to get your head around the early Marvel X-Men stuff

7.6
    Got into this when it first start airing (in NZ anyway) and really enjoyed it as a relaxing way to kick start a Saturday. It's probably a little confusing if you're trying to follow the characters from the movies first to wher they appear here in the animated form because Rogue and co are teenagers and Jean Grey tripping out on her Phoenix persona is outta whack with the animated version (both on tv and in the printed form) but great stories. I'm hoping that if they do another one they sort out Rogue and make her a little less irritating and more of the powerhouse helper that she is in the animated series. The sentinels are cool close to indestructible and relentless - they become Nimrod yeahah. The thing that started really getting to me was Sotrm's OTT "Winds cleanse the earth blah blah blah" and her and Rogue's screaming were enough to strip the paint off the walls. Overall great series though but turn the volume down if you see either Storm or Rogue cover their ears and open their mouths.
  • unforgetable

this is one of my zshows that i consider a collector item,i have this on vhs days before dvd was the go.i have this AS a keep safe .I love this show.unforgetable ,marvelous,great.Iam sorry the professor had to dieor live in any ways and they showed how his friendship with magneto never died no matter what that shows the respect they had for one another.It went over and beyond for them they helped each other in times of need and they cared for each other.they showed how the professor had compassion for just about anyone besides his beloved X-MEN although their are many remakes of this classic cartoon this remains the oundation for everthing tht came next ,but the comics are the insipration.
  • I just felt that it was just getting old after a while, but it's still pretty good.

This was one of my childhood shows, and it's pretty good. The earlier episodes are better when the show seemed original. After a while, they turned it into some wacko sci-fi in space cartoon or the constant time travel. That's why I said, "Forget it" after a while. The old ones are the original ones. I'm not a comic book fan, but it seems to follow the comics pretty good. The characters, Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit, etc. are all cool mutants with good personalities. Man, I wish Jetix still showed this. It could make kick their shows out of the time slots with style.
  • A nice adaptation of the comics.

My introduction to X-Men was through this show. The series didn't portray the whole x-men universe, but there are enough episodes in this show to keep you busy. If you don't read the comics regularly, an animation show provides the answer, it's cheaper than getting the entire comic collection. This adaptaton may be old now, but it's still entertaining to watch. The stories are compelling enough to be seen in the show's serialized form. This animated show covers more material than all the x-men films. It shows a deeper look into the universe of the x-men, something that's not possible with the films. This show is definitely a good one.
  • A faithful adaptation to the popular comic books follows a group of mutants protecting a world that fears and hates them.

The perfect comic book show ever.It follows the comics almost as carefully as the film version of the comic series Sin City.The characters are fully developed,the situations are interesting and intelligent but what makes it so great is the fact that it is the comics brought to life.I wish they re-launched this series after the X-Men films as X-Men:Evolution while a decent show is far too childish with storylines that at times go nowhere.This was the best and most faithful version of the X-Men comics even more-so than all 3 X-Men movies.Whoever adapted this knew what they were doing thank you.
  • The classic X-men comic characters fight evil.

This is a great show that I remember watching as a kid on Saturdays! Too bad they have distorted the view of X-men to where it is nothing like it once was back in the day! This is a great show that has all sorts of other comic characters who make small apearances! Like spider man! I loved that episode where spider man came to find exavier to cure him! And I also like how it is like the books! I read one of the origanal x-men books and this show is very much like it! Even the movie is totally off from how it was made to be. Too bad.
  • Wow! This show is classic! Re-air the show! I think this show was underappreciated. I would like to see it back on the air.

Just bring it back fools! You know this show was good. Don\'t appreciate this show? well i think this show is one of the best kids shows on tv if you all need to bring back up those childhood FOX memories this has to pop back up in your mind along with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers...needless to say these shows were the two best shows fox had on saturday mornings so yeah...i\'m running out of things to say because AWESOME is pretty much the only thing that describes the X-Men cartoons so yeah peace out foolios bring back the show!
  • this is one of the best marvel shows of all time

i remember when this show first came out. i was really excited, having been an xmen fan for at least 15 years. it was my all time favorite comic. the show really held up well. i think some of the episodes should have been much darker, but it was supposed to be a show that kids could watch. i wish it had gone on longer, but xmen evolution came along and blew everything else out of the water.
  • The best X-men cartoons and also one of the best cartoons ever created by marvel

The X-men is a truly great cartoon it surpassed all of the other X-men cartoons a smashed its way into marvels history books. It was action packed fun and also sometimes romantic and dramatic. It was a real all-round great cartoon that was in my view on of the greats. It was a real shame that it only lasted five magnificent seasons and many thought it should of lasted longer but I thought It just lasted long enough because if they changed it, it would would have tarnished the cartoons reputation. Finally I'd just like to say farewell to the X-men.
  • Another great Marvel comic adapted for the small screen and turned into a great animated series.

The early to mid 90's was a great time to be a kid and a Marvel comic fan. Not only did Spider-Man have an excellent series on Fox, but before that, we were given the X-Men also. These represented some of the best cartoons at the time. They managed to be entertaining and fun while telling interesting stories with great characters and animation, even get the viewer to invest a part of themselves in the characters. I still remember how I felt at the end of "The Phoenix Saga".

While Spider-Man remains my favorite of the 2, had it not been for X-Men, I might not have found Spider-Man. X-Men really introduced me to the Marvel universe. Though X-Men started to lose some of it's holding power in the later seasons, there are many great episode that stand out. Even in the end, when the animation company switched and the show was winding down, the final episode "Graduation Day" manages to be very emotional. Too bad it had to go out the way it did, but what remains is a great series worth the time of all X-Men fans.
  • This is the best animated show about comic book characters. The 90\'s show had plots that paralled the 90\'s comic book title. Classic characters, devastating plot lines, and great illustrating made the show an instant classic.

The main characters were Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Beast. Great memories when I think of the show:tThe love triangle between Scott, Jean, and Logan, Genosha, the Sentinals, Morph being resurrected by Sinister, mutants vs. the normal people, Apocolypse, Bishop coming from the future, the Warlocks, Mojo and his world, the X-men finding Nightcrawler, Iceman coming back and then leaving, the Shadow King, Wolverine vs. Sabretooth, Wolverine finding out about his past and facing people from before, the Shi\'ar empire.... Ah so many good memories. This show supplemented the comic books and just made comic book fans and X-men fans want to have super powers more than anything.
  • A show that should have been allowed a longer run.

X-Men: The Animated Series, was a show that was able to nail it's paper counter-part exactly. With dynamics straight from the comics, the team was a unit and the members each had their own agendas.

Unfortunately canceled, and still not to DVD, this show was an intelligent cartoon that challenged children to pay attention to story (at least for a season and a half) and then brought certain social issues to the table in a manner that made them understandable.

In short, we need more shows like this on Saturday mornings as opposed to Luchadores.
  • Mutants, they live among us. Some are friends, while others are not.

The X-men are a great cast of characters that went through an amazing set of adventures throughout there five season run. While this series had its fair share of poor episodes, the good ones more then out wayed them. This series set the bar very high for all animated superhero team based cartoons. I hold it in very high reguard and before the JLU considered it the best of its kind. The very best of this series came during all the episodes involving the phionix, as well as any episode involving the villian Apocolypes. These were the best of a great series.
  • This is a really good animated show from the comic book of the same name. Lots of good characters, and lots of action.

This is a really good animated show from the comic book of the same name. Lots of good characters, and lots of action. Basically the world has a bunch of people that have been mutated and now have special powers. Of course some are good and some are bad so its a classic story of good Vs. Evil. Great voice talents in this show as follows.
    Jeremy Ratchford
    Role: Banshee/Sean Cassidy
    Alison Sealy-Smith
    Role: Storm/Ororo Monroe (1993-1997)
    Lenore Zann
    Role: Heather McNeil Hudson
    Robert Bockstael
    Role: Sauron/Dr. Karl Lykos, Ka-Zar
    Don Francks
    Role: Sabertooth/Victor Creed, Puck/Eugene Milton Judd, Shaman/Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen
    Ross Petty
    Role: Ape
    Chris Potter
    Role: Gambit/Remy LeBeau (1992-1995)
    David Hemblen
    Role: Magneto/Erik Lenhserr
    Stuart Stone
    Role: Proteus
    Barry Flatman
    Role: Henry Peter Gyrich, Guardian/Vindicator/James MacDonald Hudson
    Iona Morris
    Role: Storm/Ororo Monroe (1992)
    Philip Akin
    Role: Various
    David Fox
    Role: Sentinels, Mastermold
    Tony Daniels
    Role: Gambit/Remy LeBeau (1996-1997)
  • A group of mutants joined together to fight evil.

This isnt the first X-Men cartoon series ever but perhaps the very best one. I liked this series because it stuck very close to the real storylines in the comics and unlike soap operas, it doesnt take a 1000 episodes to finish one little storyline. The characters actually left and came back as if it was a real life story. If you are any type of X-Men fan I am sure that you have seen if not all, some of this series. It covered the sentinals capturing mutants, to the whole phonix saga, and more after that...which I cant remember at this time. Well in a nutshell I havent seen this series offered on dvd except for pirated copys on Ebay...which I own. So go spend 30 bucks for this show.
  • This was the closest to the comics than any X-Men cartoon. It put the X-Men in positions the comics were in without the really graphic parts. It even had the Phoenix saga.

This is way better than X-Men Evolution. It had drama, comedy and action. I would buy all the seasons if I could. This is like the new Justice League show back in the 90's. I always thought that the Wolverine in this X-Men was the best. The rest of the X-Men included in the main cast were, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, Beast, Jubilee, Jean Grey and Professor X. The rogues gallery included Magneto, Juggernaut, Mystique, Apocalypse, Pyro, Dark Phoenix, Avalanch, the Phalanx, the Brood, Sauran, and Mojo. Other special guests include Colossus, Nightcrawler, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Forge, Cable, Bishop, Havock, Banshee and others. Now if this doesn't sound like the coolest X-Men show then they haven't invented it yet.
  • This show made you wanted to be a mutant freak.

X Men will be regarded as one of the best cartoons of the 1990s. This series was handled very well especially when you consider the amount of characters that there are in the X Men universe. There was a lot of action and excitement that kept this show from getting boring, and there were also some pretty cool characters. You did have the Marvel trademarks of fully drawn characterization, but at least each episode was very concise and didn't get into confusing subplots that tended to bore. The whole first season it's self was totally brilliant. The show did seem to waver at the end. This was still the best vision of X-men during their 90's era.
  • An excellent rendering of the comic.

This is one of the few X men that stay true to the comics. With the exception of a few thing, which were ommited because of the leght of the show, it is an almost perfect telling of the story. With the charectors as true to thier comic book conterparts as possible, the series is worth watching. Not only that, but even the costumes look just as they should be. The enimies they face are also the most dangerous the X men fight. Sinister, Apocalipse, Magneto and the sentinls. With the exception of the number of students at the school, it is an almost perfect retelling.
  • One of the greatest cartoons I grew up with!!!

Right next to Spider-Man TAS, this show was one of my all time favorite cartoons on Fox. This was the show that started the whole 90's Marvel Superhero cartoons: Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, Silver Surfer and the Hulk. Why they never did a 90's Captain America show, I'll never understand. Anyway, the fact that show lasted 5 seasons says alot!!! Season 1 was my favorite, Season 2 was good, Season 3 was pretty good, Season 4 was awesome, and Season 5 was so-so (except for Graduation Day, that rocked!). Also the villian roster was phenominal: Sabertooth, Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, The Sentinels, Mr. Sinister, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Juggernaut, and tons more. In my opinion, X-Men Evolution pales in comparision to this show!!!
  • First few seasons great!...last season, not.

X-men was a great show why it started in 1992, and i would watch it every Saturday morning. but as the years went on, it just got worse and worse. The space storyline was terrible, and i hate Phoenix. And you know a show is going down the tubes when the animation style changes, and tries to be 'slicker,' and go to space...are you kidding me, space? it is always sad how shows go down the hill, they may have run out of ideas, but i don't know how...they could have always, CHECK THE COMICS!!!

it was a great show and would recommend it to anyone, but sadly it ended very poorly.
1 2 3 4