X-Men

FOX (ended 1997)

QuackIV

X-Men Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Take a gander at the main page!

This show struck the perfect note with just about every episode. The voice casting was awesome (especially Gambit!) and the comic to screen adaptation was masterful! This show gave rise to a whole new generation of Marvel and X-men fans. They also successfully touched on the core issues behind X-men, like acceptance. Overall, awesome show, still deeply missed!
  • This show rocked back then and still rocks today.

Before X-men blew up on the big screen, they ruled the small screen. The most popular cartoon of its day, it needs to be brought back in its original storylines. X-Men Evolution is ok, but the original cartoon was much better and I will tell you why. Most of the stories tied in with the original stories in the comic books. The characters were great. They found the perfect mix with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Jubilee. Then they added the right people at the right time such as Magneto and Bishop. This show still entertains and gets the imagination flowing.
  • How could this not be a Classic.

This show was action packed, and simply beautiful, if I may say so. If you've never read the comics, you could easily fall in love with the show, regardless of your previous knowledge of the mutant crew. The animation was fantastic, the music was awesome, the show was a hit! What could have happened? All I have to say is "BRING IT BACK"!
  • Cartoon worth watching!

7.8
    This is definately a must see series for any Marvel Comic lover. Even though I'm not a comic fanatic, I really enjoy watching this series. This is definately one of the best comic series ever made. I rarely miss an opportunity to watch an episode even if I've seen it several times before.
  • Great show lead to a new comic animation age.

When this show aired in the 1990's, it ushered in a new age of comic based animation. The adventures it covered were fairly close to cannon, and didn't pull and punches with emotion. This show also joined by the excellent Batman: The Animated Series.
    There was an X-Men show in the 1980's, which is where the picture in this show's summary is from.
  • One of the best (if not the best) superhero based cartoon of all times.

The show is perfect. I watched it every day, I never missed an episode.
    It was an action-packed animated series that made me feel a true hero.
    Every episode had action, adventure, thrills but also drama, romance and sometimes comedy.
    This series will always be in my heart and my head for that matter. Even now, I keep watching it whenever I have time.
  • An awsome show, one of the best marvel shows ever.

Some kids in a new generation will probably find out who the X-Men are. Born with mutant powers, they are outcasts of society. But, they help the endangered. Cyclops, Wolverine, and Gambit are my personal favorite characters. And their mentor, Professer X. My personal favorite villans are Omega Red, Sabertooth, and the mighty Apocalypse. I highly appeal to this show. Some of you may think the X-Men are stupid, but once you watch this animated series, you may change personal thoughts about this show. Well played hard workers at Marvel. Keep dishing out stuff like this, and you'll be even richer.
  • Best Cartoon Ever!

When I say best cartoon ever, I mean it, this show rules. It is so hard to explain, you just have to watch it to understand it, cause it's just that good, I hate anime show, so i'm glad that there is no anime x-men show, i'm glad who ever draws for this cartoon is a good artist, one of the best. This cartoon also has some of the best voices out there they fit the caracters just so perfect, that it's amazing, this show is just top of the line, I wish it was on a normal channel, instead of some cable channel, then I would be able to watch it again, remember, best show ever!
  • This how was good, but I see it and still think Evo is also good...so I guess that rule of yours is not truly at all!

Yes this is a good translation of the comic books plots, maybe too centered in Wolverine (For my taste) but good, and characters like Sinister and Cable are reallyawesome. maybe I'd love to see a lil more of Angel, Iceman, or Shadowcat but it was a good show, most of the episodes are just in my mind for now, but they were really good sometimes too ilogical, but it was just a cartoon no? that's where Evo almost beat it, it feels more realistic, but then they made lil mistakes and that ruined a part of this real-feeling, altough that Apocalypse saga in this series is way better than Evolution maybe because of that time traveler named nathan Summers. Hope the next time they took a lil of both previous cartoons to complete the scripts of the new show.
  • The source for my x-men knowledge

7.8
    This show turned a generation onto the x-men. In my opinion it made the x-men movies possible. Indeed even many nerds and geeks won't admit it but it is where they learned all their x-men knowledge. This show also layed the ground work for spiderman the animated series and batman the animated series which both led to other things as well. While the series was not perfect, some storie lines were taken strait from the comics. The pheonix saga for instance was translated as close as could be. In the later seasons the stories seemed to go down hill though, it couldn't have been from lack of material, so who knows why.
  • xmen is good.

I mostly senn every episode.My uncle has told me some of 15 years ago anbout xmen in the future.It's a good show to watch if you like cartoons.X men ive senn it all.My favorite character are all mostly iceman and nightcraler.So for me it is a good show to watch.
  • Greatest Comic Book show of all time

X-men. The mere mention of this cartoon brings most of us back to our fond memories of watching saturday morning cartoons. Sitting there in pajama's with a bowl of cereal and a massive sugar rush. That's what made the X-men great. You loved the characters and cared about what happened to them. Even though you knew that the X-men would always win the day, you still worried about them when they got attacked by Sentinels. Or when Magneto would attack the team.
    This show was the greatest, until they brought in Bishop. Once they brought him in, the series just started to wind down hill. I can understand how they wanted to try to expand the show, but i feel it wasn't done properly. It seemed more like "X-men. Repetitive laser fights". But that aside, X-men was definitely the greatest cartoon for my generation.
  • If you think X-Men Evolution is "decent," than you've never see the X-Men! This isn't Dawson's Creek with mutants, this is the real deal bub!

The X-Men animated series has been the standard where all comic book adaptions have been measured, judged, and executed. If you're a die-hard X-Men fan like myself, then you know this is the only X-Men medium that stays faithful to the comics while creating its own twists to make this show unlike any other.

Both of the previous live-action X-Men movies failed because they lacked character development, story progression, and the most important aspect of all, the X-Men mythology.

Do yourself a favor and buy the 12-dvd set at toonsondvd.com because this show will never be given an official release. Proof: All the X-Men Evolution series is out on dvd, while the original is MIA.
  • This is the best X-Men show ever created.

This is the best X-Men show ever created. It at least tried to go by what the actual comic books did. The movies and some of the other X-Men show try putting characters together and it never works. This was a great show for me and it also dealt with serious topics and wasn't a kiddy show. It is filled with great action and a wonderful story line. It is a shame that it had to end.
  • Forget the crappy butchered and whimpy X-Men movies! Just watch this instead! It is more like the comic books and very satisfying!

I remember watching this when it first aired in the early 90s and collecting all the toys that came out with it. It was one of the best cartoons on TV and it still is ahead of its time with most of the crappy cartoons on today. And it's even better than the really lame X-Men movies. Don't waste your time with the movies at all just watch this cartoon instead. The cartoon is very satisfying and real close to the comics and the voice actors are sooooo darn perfect I can't imagine the characters with any other voices! This show was done really well and is top-notch! I still think the first 2 eps are if not the best then definitly in the top 5 best eps. It was such a great introduction to all the main X-Men and watching them kick some Sentinels butts was awesome! I highly recommend this to everyone especially if you hated the crappy movies! What the movies failed to have the cartoon definitly has it and has it good!
  • Pretty good show...

I guess X-Men is a rather good show, I like pretty much of the characters, and episodes, if only I could remember more. It's a shame that's there's no new ones; I guess there hasn't been any for a long time. I almost enjoy it as much as Teen Titans and Batman, but there is something about this show that seems to be missing. I enjoy it mostly for the action, as I do with other shows, and I kind of miss it being on air. Anyone know what channel it is on? X-Men went off Cartoon Network years back, and I haven't seen it since that.
  • Blast From The Past

X-MEN is one of those shows that will always remind me of when I was just a small boy playing with friends (that also watch the) acting out the scenes that we saw the day before on tv. I was always Wolverine and they were they would be Cyclopse and Gambit. X-MEN the tv show was the only way I could get in touch with the X-MEN universe, because where I come from (Holland) there were no american-comics so i had no idea that X-MEN had a comic and that it was one of the best ever! A couple of weeks ago I went on a vacation to New York and I visited Midtown Comics (I never knew that there were so many different comicbooks!!) I bought a couple of X-MEN comics, went to the park and started reading them, they were amazing ! and so was the show. The only shitty things of the show were the terrible animations, but he it was 1992 what can you expect!
  • "X-men classic"

This is a great show from when i was a kid. I always liked it when it was on. I wish it was never modifyed by crap nasty idiots who are the reason that it became un-likeable over the years. They just modid it so they could make more money off it!
  • fantastici!! tutti noi abbiamo sempre sognato di essere dei supereroi o di avere un potere che ha qualcosa di soprannaturale, gli xmen racchiudono un po' di tutti i poteri che si possono trovare nei supereroi in genere con nuovi personaggi ogni volta con

fantastici!! tutti noi abbiamo sempre sognato di essere dei supereroi o di avere un potere che ha qualcosa di soprannaturale, gli xmen racchiudono un po' di tutti i poteri che si possono trovare nei supereroi in genere con nuovi personaggi ogni volta con caratteristiche diverse, niente da invidiare ai fumetti.
  • Mutants everywhere! Not the deformed kind, but the ones with extraordinary powers. Wow, what an imagination these comic book writers have.

I am not exaggerating when I say that just about everyone in my generation has watched this show. This incaranation of X-men is by far the best and many even say superior to the movies since it stays true to it's comic book roots. With that said, I am certainly glad that the future generations of today are given the opportunity to watch a classic and watch the shows that I grew up on.
  • One of the greatest cartoons ever!

X-Men was a born classic. The show adaption of the comic classic is still none today. This show was a perfect combination of action and drama for a cartoon. If you never read teh comic then you saw the show.
    The show went through each saga perfectly, but my favorite saga has to be the Dark Phoenix saga! My favorite character was and always will be Wolverine, the ruff tough as nails attitude voice was perfect. I was never a fan of Cyclops, he was just too much of a leader for me. Gambit had that cool and laid back thing about him. I'm so happy I begged my mom to buy those X-men tapes of the first five eps! I can still remember when I was young and use to wake up early for Fox' Saturday Line-Up, *sigh* those were the days!
  • Don't mess with the X-Men!

I watched it every saturday morning. I never missed it. But if I happened to (haha) I would be so pissed the rest of the day.

I read X-Men comics so it was great to see them in action as a cartoon. I love it. I love they did the Phoenix Saga...I love it turned into the Dark Phoenix Saga. I love that Cyclops was in it.

There was one episode that was for Christmas that had Jean Grey and Gambit bickering in the kitchen...that was so funny. I wish there was a tad bit more of that in there.

I like that they didn't change Magneto's agenda just to make it more child like. He wanted revenge on humans and that is what the cartoon pointed out.

X-Men have a special place in my child part of my heart. No heroes--not even Superman or Batman or Spiderman--can ever replace how awesome and great they are.

I agree with what someone stated...X-Men is the best 90's cartoon and possibly one of the best ever made. I can't even remember what other cartoons were in the 90's. ha.
  • X-cellent Cool Series

X-Men is another one of my favorite cartoons that used to come on some of the old Saturday Morning Fox Kids lineups. I really liked the way Wolverine was in the series, one of those tuff and rough characters who does things there way. That sort of reminds me the way Knuckles the Echidna was in the beginning episodes of Sonic X. The other X-Men were really cool also! I had this huge crush on Rogue because I thought she was sexy with her looks and sexy southern accent. I also remember that on the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon that the X-Men made some guest appearances on some episodes of Spider-Man. The series is most same way as the comic book about a group of mutant superheroes who live at a school for mutants hosted by Professor Charles Xavier who formed a group of superhero mutants to fight against Magneto and the other evil brotherhood of mutants. This was another one of my favorite Marvel comic book superheroes! I have always liked Marvel comics a little better than DC comics because Marvel has more superheroes than DC. I also remember that this show came back on Fox Kids in Summer 2000 when 20th Century Fox released the live-action X-Men movie in theaters. Then I caught some more reruns for when they showed it for a while on ABC Family!
  • A smash all you want show.

A show which doesnt care about the charges of criminal assult. I said it is a trendsetter because you are going to get people trying to smash the living out of each other. It is a pretty good show to watch but very very predictable and that is not good.
  • The greatest animated series ever.

Once the 80s were over, it was hard to imagine any cartoon coming close to the legendary shows from that decade. But in the early 90s along came X-Men, and it topped them all. This show featured great art and animation, which made for incredible action sequences that made up the bulk of the show. Even though only a half hour show, it accomplished more that any of the 80s cartoons did in its 30 minute episodes. There were no boring, repetitive storylines unlike earlier cartoons. Each week was fresh and unique, and they even though there were many characters, there was a lot of characterization for everyone involved. This show blended great characters with exciting action in a team atmosphere, and pulled it off perfectly. It was also a much more mature and realistic cartoon with darker themes and visuals than earlier 80s cartoons, which probably was due to its being based on a comic book that takes place in the real world. And best of all, it really stayed true to the comics for the most part, and you always had to keep an eye out for some of your favorite characters in the background as cameos. This show could easily be enjoyed by fans who never read any of the comics, and yet still satisfy die-hard comic fans with its accurate storylines and many many references to characters from the comics. In short, it was the perfect cartoon. Even the voices were superb (especially Apocalypse and Wolverine)
  • X-Men the series was orginally a comic made by marvel, this animated series thust it into the main stream, and it has sence kept its place there.

this series by todays standards is old, and the animation is not as good as it could be. but for the late 80's early to mid 90's when it came out it was great. The story and plot is multileveled and complicated. it is like a soap oprea for kids. some of the episodes may drag out, but all in all they are good and an interesting serie.
  • One of the greatest cartoons of the 90's. Can't be beat.

You don't get much better than the X-men in the 90's. I grew up watching this show every Saturday morning and I hope that one day my children will watch it. It is a classic an cannot be beaten. You have all of the greats: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Apocalypse, etc. They even covered the greatest of the X-men stories: Phoenix Saga, Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past. Greatest of the greats.
  • Da na-na-na-na-na nah nah...

One of my favorite cartoons of all time, and the one TV show that has had the most impact on my life. This is where I was introduced to the X-Men 12 years ago and my love for them has not left since. Because of this, I can overlook the crappy animation (it's endearing!), cheesy dialogue (it provided me with so many catch phrases!), resistance to change, and fairly iffy final years. If I hadn't seen this show, I would have never started reading comics.

And this was really one of the most influential cartoons ever, I do believe. It predates most all of the other successful cartoons and it's usage of ongoing plots, "complex" character moments, and action can still be seen in modern day cartoons like "Teen Titans" and, of course, "X-Men: Evolution."
  • AMAZING SHOW

They need to bring this cartoon back it was amazing. X-men is probably the most famous and historical super-hero cartoon. This and Spiderman are the greatest cartoons i have ever seen. I like how the plots are so complex and they bring in all the characters. The X-Men movies should be just like the tvshow but unfortunateely arent.. I like the episode the phalanx because it has Beast, Mr.Sinister and Forge teaming up
  • The X-men was one of the most famous show in many many years becaus it had multipul mighty heroes on both sides making it the one of the best action movies ever and it is also super close ... I mean almost identickle to the comic so

The X-men was one of the most famous show in many
    many years becaus it had multipul mighty heroes
    I mean almost identickle to the comic so why don't they -Bring-it-Back !
1 2 3 4