X-Men

FOX (ended 1997)

QuackIV

X-Men Fan Reviews (104)

• A joke.

For some reason Marvel Comics were favoured as the comics to turn into films in these times. Marvels compeditors-DC Comics, had the more interesting artwork & better titles like The Shadow & a kid I never liked the style of artwork that was a regular feature in Stan Lee's Marvel comic line up. It tended to appeal to kids who were a bit dumb. Overly stylized & lacking thought, Marvel comics kept coming-and like the comics these films kept coming-one pompous over produced bucket of violent goo after another-like a smell that won't go away-literally. This film is no good on so many levels it is hard to quantify-its very violent so its not for kids-it has little value as a coming of age movie so it doesn't work for teens-and it is basically an exercise in dumbness so its not for adults either. So what is it? A perfect example of why shareholders in companies that make films have the right to take those big companies to court for failure to perform. I guess the only reason why actresses like Famke Janssen appeared in films like this is the paycheque-it sure can't be for the artistic self expression-which is a joke. Weeeeeeeeee.
  • X-Men:Evolution made it look stupid.

I watched X-Men:Evolution before I watched this show...and I was preety dissapointed when I finally did watch it. Everybody were saying how it's cool and great ,but it doesn't look that way for me. Shore ,people like it because it was made by comic ,and that's OK with me...but what about those people who don't read comics ,like your's truly? Marvel cartoons got one big flaw in comparasion with WB shows ,and that is - they are laying too much on comics.They think that all people who watch the show ,read comics as well ,and beacuse of that ,the characters are not defined ,the show itself is without some basic pattern...get the picture? I'm really sorry for I didn't watched this show earlier...I would maybe respect it more. But this way ... I'm sorry ,but ,thumbs down for the X-Men and Marvel ,and thumbs up for DC and Evolution.
  • Good

6.8
    This is a good show and such a mystery but at the end every thing was told so i dont know what they can do for next season , its a mysteries show , but at first i didn't like it until i got into it , then i made sure i watched it every time it came on to see them solve the mystery, but now im kinda over it , hope the next season is better than the first i think the ending blew it for me it made it not as interesting to me as it was following the mystery to find the answers.
  • "X-men classic"

This is a great show from when i was a kid. I always liked it when it was on. I wish it was never modifyed by crap nasty idiots who are the reason that it became un-likeable over the years. They just modid it so they could make more money off it!
  • To Those Calling X-Men An "Anime": When Was Canada Japan?

7.2
    I'm sick and tired of every grade D retard calling any cartoon an "anime" long before that genre became mainstream. X-Men was animated in Flipping Canada you idiots

Onto the subject, the 90's X-Men still stands as a series that managed to succesfully adapted several of the classic Chris Claremont comic strips, if it was'nt entirly original in itself, it's execution of these stories was certaingly innovative and compelling, with year spanning storylines that took more than one season to finish, or for revelations to be made of a characters' background, this series also carried a consistent deapth of emotion rarly expressed in shows beyond this one. Not even the superior, yet flawed in animation, X-Men: Evolution can match up to this on screen quality.
  • A decent cartoon

A pretty good cartoon based on a good comic book. The characters in this show greatly stand up to their comic book parts, unlike the movies. The thing that I liked most about the show is that it was simple. Unlike the comics it only dealt with basically one universe. There wasn't too much universe jumping or alternatives. When there was it wasn't confusing like the comics tend to get. Another good thing was in dealing with the Phoenix Saga. In the canton of X-Men there are a few versions of the P.S. However, I believe this version is the best. Jean Grey gets indwelt by the Phoenix in space. No crappy, she was just born with it somehow and it just randomly comes out. Also the relationship between Professor X and Magneto as friends and rivals shows exactly how their relationship was. The animation was decent and the voice acting was top notch. The biggest problem I had with the whole show would be Jubilee. She was such a whinny brat who had absolutely no usefulness or real powers except sparklers. So many great story lines from the comics were done in the show and it really helped to get me interested in the comics.
  • I just felt that it was just getting old after a while, but it's still pretty good.

This was one of my childhood shows, and it's pretty good. The earlier episodes are better when the show seemed original. After a while, they turned it into some wacko sci-fi in space cartoon or the constant time travel. That's why I said, "Forget it" after a while. The old ones are the original ones. I'm not a comic book fan, but it seems to follow the comics pretty good. The characters, Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit, etc. are all cool mutants with good personalities. Man, I wish Jetix still showed this. It could make kick their shows out of the time slots with style.
  • Blast From The Past

X-MEN is one of those shows that will always remind me of when I was just a small boy playing with friends (that also watch the) acting out the scenes that we saw the day before on tv. I was always Wolverine and they were they would be Cyclopse and Gambit. X-MEN the tv show was the only way I could get in touch with the X-MEN universe, because where I come from (Holland) there were no american-comics so i had no idea that X-MEN had a comic and that it was one of the best ever! A couple of weeks ago I went on a vacation to New York and I visited Midtown Comics (I never knew that there were so many different comicbooks!!) I bought a couple of X-MEN comics, went to the park and started reading them, they were amazing ! and so was the show. The only shitty things of the show were the terrible animations, but he it was 1992 what can you expect!
  • Excellent animation series. it's a good way to get your head around the early Marvel X-Men stuff

7.6
    Got into this when it first start airing (in NZ anyway) and really enjoyed it as a relaxing way to kick start a Saturday. It's probably a little confusing if you're trying to follow the characters from the movies first to wher they appear here in the animated form because Rogue and co are teenagers and Jean Grey tripping out on her Phoenix persona is outta whack with the animated version (both on tv and in the printed form) but great stories. I'm hoping that if they do another one they sort out Rogue and make her a little less irritating and more of the powerhouse helper that she is in the animated series. The sentinels are cool close to indestructible and relentless - they become Nimrod yeahah. The thing that started really getting to me was Sotrm's OTT "Winds cleanse the earth blah blah blah" and her and Rogue's screaming were enough to strip the paint off the walls. Overall great series though but turn the volume down if you see either Storm or Rogue cover their ears and open their mouths.
  • Cartoon worth watching!

7.8
    This is definately a must see series for any Marvel Comic lover. Even though I'm not a comic fanatic, I really enjoy watching this series. This is definately one of the best comic series ever made. I rarely miss an opportunity to watch an episode even if I've seen it several times before.
  • The source for my x-men knowledge

7.8
    This show turned a generation onto the x-men. In my opinion it made the x-men movies possible. Indeed even many nerds and geeks won't admit it but it is where they learned all their x-men knowledge. This show also layed the ground work for spiderman the animated series and batman the animated series which both led to other things as well. While the series was not perfect, some storie lines were taken strait from the comics. The pheonix saga for instance was translated as close as could be. In the later seasons the stories seemed to go down hill though, it couldn't have been from lack of material, so who knows why.
  • A faithful adaptation to the popular comic books follows a group of mutants protecting a world that fears and hates them.

The perfect comic book show ever.It follows the comics almost as carefully as the film version of the comic series Sin City.The characters are fully developed,the situations are interesting and intelligent but what makes it so great is the fact that it is the comics brought to life.I wish they re-launched this series after the X-Men films as X-Men:Evolution while a decent show is far too childish with storylines that at times go nowhere.This was the best and most faithful version of the X-Men comics even more-so than all 3 X-Men movies.Whoever adapted this knew what they were doing thank you.
  • Pretty good show...

I guess X-Men is a rather good show, I like pretty much of the characters, and episodes, if only I could remember more. It's a shame that's there's no new ones; I guess there hasn't been any for a long time. I almost enjoy it as much as Teen Titans and Batman, but there is something about this show that seems to be missing. I enjoy it mostly for the action, as I do with other shows, and I kind of miss it being on air. Anyone know what channel it is on? X-Men went off Cartoon Network years back, and I haven't seen it since that.
  • X-Men the series was orginally a comic made by marvel, this animated series thust it into the main stream, and it has sence kept its place there.

this series by todays standards is old, and the animation is not as good as it could be. but for the late 80's early to mid 90's when it came out it was great. The story and plot is multileveled and complicated. it is like a soap oprea for kids. some of the episodes may drag out, but all in all they are good and an interesting serie.
  • Nostalgic for me

X-men Is Very nostalgic to me, when i watch the Exciting and unique powers of the mutants In X-men, X-men Has many characters that have awesome mutant powers or abilities, like turning into metal, create spikes, super speed, and many more, x-men is awesome also to its awesome roster of characters, when the movie came out, i watched it right away, and when the second movie came out i also watched it right away like what i did to the forst movie, and when the third movie came out i rushed to the theatres so i can watch it, I hope Somday i'll get to watch X-men again.
  • I remember watching this show growing up, weekends on ITV (was it?!?) in the UK, I remember the 80s theme music, the crazy outfits and my god, yes, the hair! The only thing bigger than Storm's hair in X-men was…..um…well, Wolverine's claws...

I absolutely love this show, not just because of the memories but because it's actually an excellent cartoon. Now I'm not a real big X-Men comic reader so I can't say much about the show's "trueness to the comics" – and frankly there's so many variations to the X-Men universe these days is there really such a thing? But watching it recently, as I have, I can really see the "epicness" to the show that really makes it seem like a lot of the episodes are taken from the comics. My favourite character on the show is Rogue, I love her physical strength pitted against her inner turmoil. I prefer this to the Rogue of the X-Men films who seems a lot feebler. But then maybe the character of the films is a much earlier version than the one we see in the cartoon – either way I love her. Plus whoever voiced her pretty much instilled a deep love of accents in me which I still have now, so thanks! Jubilee on the other hand….let's just say I'm glad she's not my kid sister! Probably one of my least favourite "good guys" ever!

All in all, I love this show. Even though the style of it is now so dated, everything about it still keeps me entertained. I love Wolverine's yellow suit, and Jean Gray's weird head thing, Cyclop's awful hair and Storm's odd wing things. All of this, which makes the show so dated also makes it what it is, a great, if not often cheesy, entertaining cartoon. This show taught me a long time ago how cool Superheroes are.
  • First few seasons great!...last season, not.

X-men was a great show why it started in 1992, and i would watch it every Saturday morning. but as the years went on, it just got worse and worse. The space storyline was terrible, and i hate Phoenix. And you know a show is going down the tubes when the animation style changes, and tries to be 'slicker,' and go to space...are you kidding me, space? it is always sad how shows go down the hill, they may have run out of ideas, but i don't know how...they could have always, CHECK THE COMICS!!!

it was a great show and would recommend it to anyone, but sadly it ended very poorly.
  • Faithful presentation of classic X-Tales.

The great thing about this show was how it tried to faithfully present key stories from the comics including the days of future past, and the phoenix saga. Perhaps Jubilee got too much screen time, and greats like Angel and Ice-Man did not get enough, but over the series, I think most of the great X-Men got a spotlight or two. Well done, but not as much for all ages as the Batman animated show that ran at the same time. Still a must see for fans of the X-Men. This show's success really paved the way for the success of the live action movies that followed.
  • Another great Marvel comic adapted for the small screen and turned into a great animated series.

The early to mid 90's was a great time to be a kid and a Marvel comic fan. Not only did 'Spider-Man' have an excellent series on Fox, but before that, we were given 'X-Men.' These represented some of the best cartoons at the time. They managed to be entertaining and fun while telling interesting stories with great characters and animation, even get the viewer to invest a part of themselves in the characters. I still remember how I felt at the end of "The Phoenix Saga".

While 'Spider-Man' remains my favorite of the 2, had it not been for 'X-Men,' I might not have found 'Spider-Man.' 'X-Men' really introduced me to the Marvel universe. Though 'X-Men' started to lose some of it's holding power in the later seasons, there are many great episode that stand out. Even in the end, when the animation company switched and the show was winding down, the final episode "Graduation Day" manages to be very emotional. Too bad it had to go out the way it did, but what remains is a great series worthy of the time of all X-Men fans.
  • Great show lead to a new comic animation age.

When this show aired in the 1990's, it ushered in a new age of comic based animation. The adventures it covered were fairly close to cannon, and didn't pull and punches with emotion. This show also joined by the excellent Batman: The Animated Series.
    There was an X-Men show in the 1980's, which is where the picture in this show's summary is from.
  • awesome cartoon show...

X-Men is definately the best of the saturday morning cartoons. I loved their interpretation of the origonal X-Men and the cartoon was done well. The stories were good and the episodes also. I used to wake up and watch X-Men every Saturday and it really brings back memories. It's a classic and it's amazing!
  • The animation is quite dated, the color palette is awful and the late 80\'s or early 90\'s style is really hard to look at. But guess what, it\'s a really good show.

The X-Men. I\'ve always been a fan of Marvel and DC comics. And i\'ve been dissapointed very often, about the various attempts, to make a superhero show. But this..., this is good. Ok, the show is a bit dated and as mentioned in the summary it looks pretty awful nowadays. But forget about the terrible colors and the 90\'s looks. Yeah, you get eye-cancer from watching it ;). The writing is very good, the characters are mostly true to the comic original. The half-hour episodes are working very well. Better as in some other cartoons/animation.
    But there are also some 2 or 3 parters. And the writers used the more time on screen to put together some real good, deep stories.
    I think this is one of the best animated superhero shows out there (always keep in mind, that this series started about 15 years ago). So take a chance and watch it. You won\'t regret it.

p.s. Sorry for my bad english, but it\'s not my mother tongue.
  • This is a really good animated show from the comic book of the same name. Lots of good characters, and lots of action.

This is a really good animated show from the comic book of the same name. Lots of good characters, and lots of action. Basically the world has a bunch of people that have been mutated and now have special powers. Of course some are good and some are bad so its a classic story of good Vs. Evil. Great voice talents in this show as follows.
    Jeremy Ratchford
    Role: Banshee/Sean Cassidy
    Alison Sealy-Smith
    Role: Storm/Ororo Monroe (1993-1997)
    Lenore Zann
    Role: Heather McNeil Hudson
    Robert Bockstael
    Role: Sauron/Dr. Karl Lykos, Ka-Zar
    Don Francks
    Role: Sabertooth/Victor Creed, Puck/Eugene Milton Judd, Shaman/Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen
    Ross Petty
    Role: Ape
    Chris Potter
    Role: Gambit/Remy LeBeau (1992-1995)
    David Hemblen
    Role: Magneto/Erik Lenhserr
    Stuart Stone
    Role: Proteus
    Barry Flatman
    Role: Henry Peter Gyrich, Guardian/Vindicator/James MacDonald Hudson
    Iona Morris
    Role: Storm/Ororo Monroe (1992)
    Philip Akin
    Role: Various
    David Fox
    Role: Sentinels, Mastermold
    Tony Daniels
    Role: Gambit/Remy LeBeau (1996-1997)

The early to mid 90's was a great time to be a kid and a Marvel comic fan. Not only did Spider-Man have an excellent series on Fox, but before that, we were given the X-Men also. These represented some of the best cartoons at the time. They managed to be entertaining and fun while telling interesting stories with great characters and animation, even get the viewer to invest a part of themselves in the characters. I still remember how I felt at the end of "The Phoenix Saga".

While Spider-Man remains my favorite of the 2, had it not been for X-Men, I might not have found Spider-Man. X-Men really introduced me to the Marvel universe. Though X-Men started to lose some of it's holding power in the later seasons, there are many great episode that stand out. Even in the end, when the animation company switched and the show was winding down, the final episode "Graduation Day" manages to be very emotional. Too bad it had to go out the way it did, but what remains is a great series worth the time of all X-Men fans.
  • The Greatest Super Hero Cartoon of All-Time

I think pound-for-pound the '90s X-Men cartoon was the greatest super hero cartoon ever, even over Batman:The Animated Series. I thought that the X-Men cartoon had the deepest storylines of any super hero cartoon. Also, it had the best animation. The show is better than Batman Beyond, Justice League, Avengers, or any other X-men cartoon that came after. For anyone who loves super hero cartoons, this is the best of the best. The last several episodes SUCKED though. Maybe the last 10 episodes because they changed the animation and voices, and the stories were awful.
  • The best X-Men cartoon ever

I have all 5 seasons of this on DVD and I love watching it over and over again
  • x-men is about somepeople all over the world whos genes has mutanted givng this people powers.

as a guy born in november of 1990. i watch this as a kid but now that im older i like it alot more than what i did at first.

the writing is clever and its stayed fresh over the 5 seasons run.

the action scenes are very well done for a cartoon.

this cartoon does x-men justice.

the show is very good if u can get over the fact the show is a cartoon.

it does take alittle while to get over the drawings alittle seeing how new cartoons in 2000slooks nothing like cartoons that were in the x-men 1990 days but u get over it pretty quick.

for those who never seen this or dont know anything about x-men i say watch this its gives u almost all the characters and their backgrounds making u a new fan and for old fans this showwill make uenjoy x-men more than what u did.

love this show:)

if u ask me whos my favorite x-men ill say storm and cyclops .storm is so strong willed, a great beauty for blacks to see,and i love her powers..cyclops is very serious,smart,hardworking and responisble just like me which is nice to see on tv..

• Best X-men series so far

This show was/is without a doubt the best series in the X-men franchise. It caught my eye when i was still a young boy and now more than a decade later i'm re-watching this whole show.With every episode i'm beginning to like it again, more and more. Such a good strong plot and storyline, characters strongly built, and the X-men are truly a team here. Although I am not a hardcore X-Men fan like most of the reviewers here, I have to admit that this is one of the few animated TV shows that present complex characters in intense, action adventured situations, with mature situations and plot. I think most of us here have seen this show but if not i do recommend it, since there's no other like it
  • this was the best saturday morning show fox ever had and no show can take it's place unless they brought it back:)

oh how i love the Xmen cartoon every saturday late moring this would be the showman after watching spiderman and the turtles early that moring oh yeah dont forget the power rangers and i think even ironman xmen was the perfect end the the perfect saturday morning cartoon this show had adult like drama in it and the phoenix saga changed my life at the time not to mention the great toys they cam out with over the shows span i mean the best bad guys the best action cartoon f all time and def the best thing to ever happen to the xmen sonce xmen evolution kinda sucks i remeber they use to show reruns on abc family but they cut that off which pissed me of now they only show the tick but xmen was the second best show of my childhood right behind tmnt but i still would like to see the show come out on dvd cause all i have of the show is the pizza hut vhs that they gave you with a large pizza anyone that?
  • Great adaptation

I love the x-men and i felt this show did a good job staying pretty true to the comics. I really liked watching some of my favorite x-men become animated on TV. They did a good job taking you through differnt archs and keep the stroy exciting and true to the x-men. I remember when the phonex saga started and seeing the fire...that was amazing and the saga ended up being one of my favorites in this series. I loved seeing the aray of characters also. All the x-men that they showed and all the brother hood brought back all my memories. Awesome cartoon!
< 1 2 3 4