X-Men

FOX (ended 1997)

QuackIV

X-Men Fan Reviews (103)

• Another great Marvel comic adapted for the small screen and turned into a great animated series.

The early to mid 90's was a great time to be a kid and a Marvel comic fan. Not only did 'Spider-Man' have an excellent series on Fox, but before that, we were given 'X-Men.' These represented some of the best cartoons at the time. They managed to be entertaining and fun while telling interesting stories with great characters and animation, even get the viewer to invest a part of themselves in the characters. I still remember how I felt at the end of "The Phoenix Saga".

While 'Spider-Man' remains my favorite of the 2, had it not been for 'X-Men,' I might not have found 'Spider-Man.' 'X-Men' really introduced me to the Marvel universe. Though 'X-Men' started to lose some of it's holding power in the later seasons, there are many great episode that stand out. Even in the end, when the animation company switched and the show was winding down, the final episode "Graduation Day" manages to be very emotional. Too bad it had to go out the way it did, but what remains is a great series worthy of the time of all X-Men fans.