X-Men

FOX (ended 1997)

QuackIV

X-Men Fan Reviews (105)

• A decent cartoon

A pretty good cartoon based on a good comic book. The characters in this show greatly stand up to their comic book parts, unlike the movies. The thing that I liked most about the show is that it was simple. Unlike the comics it only dealt with basically one universe. There wasn't too much universe jumping or alternatives. When there was it wasn't confusing like the comics tend to get. Another good thing was in dealing with the Phoenix Saga. In the canton of X-Men there are a few versions of the P.S. However, I believe this version is the best. Jean Grey gets indwelt by the Phoenix in space. No crappy, she was just born with it somehow and it just randomly comes out. Also the relationship between Professor X and Magneto as friends and rivals shows exactly how their relationship was. The animation was decent and the voice acting was top notch. The biggest problem I had with the whole show would be Jubilee. She was such a whinny brat who had absolutely no usefulness or real powers except sparklers. So many great story lines from the comics were done in the show and it really helped to get me interested in the comics.